Recommendations Please

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm looking to get a few things for my M4, after I have (temporarily) finished upgrading my L96, and would like recommendations on good, but cheap-ish ones.

Here's a list of what I'm looking for;

- A PEQ battery box to replace the rear wired crane stock. I hate it, bad design in mine, the wires get ripped apart whenever I adjust the stock.

- A good, but cheap laser sight, that can easily be operated from my foregrip, liking the idea of a pressure pad operated one.

- Some magazines, looking for ones that are black, metal and 300 round, not those stupid 450 round ones G&G make.

- A cheap, full metal M4/M16 carry handle. Simply because I prefer the looks of it it to the standard CQB rear sight.

- A front sling swivel, that fits onto the front sight, I've been looking for ages and can't find one, only ones that come with the sight itself.

- A sight that can mount straight onto an M4 carry handle, just a list of a few that can would be great!

Thanks a lot!

• Supporters

ive got the front sling adapter and carry handle ;) can dig them out for you next time i get a chance?

• Supporters

That would be nice of you :), how much though? :P

• Supporters

Possibly, I'm sure it can't be too hard to spray it black. But is it metal?

• Supporters

Ah, thanks anyway though, wanna try keep the main parts metal :P

If you dont source a carry handle, keep a close eye on the certain auction site for a few days. Managed to source a metal one for my ICS for only £12 or so. Seem to pop up fairly often as do PEQ's of one type or another.

Sounds like we are on a similar mission to update our M4's. Will watch your thread with interest as I have very similar shopping list with the added complexity of an ICS M4 which I understand take far fewer aftermarket parts.

On the sight / carry handle thing I assume you seen and dont like the rails that fit on the handle. Still let you use the iron sights (just) as they have pass through hole and you can then mount any scope you like on top. Waiting for mine to arrive at moment.

• Supporters

I'll keep an eye out for one then, thanks :P

I'm bored of the standard M4 CQB look that almost every M4 has.

I don't mind the rails, but I'm picky and would want a scope with a rail mount base exactly the same length as the top rail (also the reason I want a carry handle, not standard sight), and I don't want the scope to be too high up.

I read somewhere that on ACOGs the rail mount base unscrews, and then the ACOG can screw directly onto the carry handle?

Also, I've maybe found my laser & PEQ box in one. Is the ARES PEQ2 box any good, in terms of build quality and space?

Still looking for magazines, any recommended brands? Not too worried about colour now, but still want metal & 300 round.

We CAN say site names on this forum :P

Cool, always careful as on the odd other forum where peeps can get so touchy... Then again that's why its this forum's patch I wear on my gear, cause it seems to be full of real peeps.

• Supporters

Sounds good, how much P&P?

• Supporters

Didn't want to make another topic, and I'm looking for a sight for my M4, so I thought I'd ask here.

I'm looking for a sight/scope that can mount directly onto an M4 carry handle, without the use of one of these. I heard that on ACOGs, the bottom screws off and it can screw directly onto the handle?

And I don't really want to spend over £40 on one, so is this any good? I know it has no zoom, but I don't mind. It looks nice, but is it likely to fall apart on me?

Are there any other sights that mount straight onto the carry handle?

Thanks.

Hi Liam,

Found this on ebay while searching, no idea if its any good but I have one on order so will know soon enough :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COMPACT-FULLY-AJ...6e#ht_500wt_922

Says it fits direct on carry handle, which I know was what you wanted.

Archived