how often do you actually use your pistol

masadanator
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys

on the field i notice almost everyone has a pistol but hardly anyone uses them

as often as i can, normally in serious close encounters, or i need to get rid of my webbing to speed up. but my personal favorite is when somebodies on top of me and i tap them with the pistol. love the feeling, plus when you get the occasional b****** trying to grab the barrel of your rifle it's there to deter.

given the choice of my aeg or my pistol id use the pistol

since it more reliable and compact

but i don't get t use it as much as id like

• Supporters

I've only had it a short while, but used it a lot, but I was sniping, with a 30m engagement limit on the sniper.

I'll be using it more next time I go as it's urban & I can't shoot the sniper indoors :L

Not very often.

Id go as far to say that you don't need them unless you are a sniper

or in my case if you have a faulty li-po charger

• Supporters

Until last week I only had one mag for my pistol, so I couldn't really use it.

I've got 4 now, so I'll load all my mags with the real capacity and I might reach the point where I actually have to use it, since that's what I bought it for...

At least aside from the fact that Sigs are damn awesome.

yesterday I was coming around the side of a building and a guy was looking the other way but before i could shoot he turned drew his pistol and we both shot at each other but neither of us hit so I decided to retreat

Last 2 games I've ditched mine, but that was because I had so much extra crap to carry with me I couldn't be bothered to take it. Have to admit I regretted leaving it.

I use mine as an 'emergency' weapon and a close-contact weapon. Depending on how mobile the enemy are, that could mean it sees a lot of action, or none at all.

Whenever I'm in a static defencive position, I always have my holster opened so I can easily draw my P229 - I can't always bring my LSW round on target (cramped and small position, or terrain means once I'm deployed it takes a long time to exit), and if someone gets too close, out comes the SIG. That's the reason I bought the P229 over the '26, it's nice and compact.

thats what happened when we went to the kill house and the barrels

Ditto on pistol and why you may carry, although any very small 2nd weapon would count. One of the other team did significant damage with his MP5K model, mine has solid stock so doesnt work as well. MP7 does well to.

I dont have a pistol yet, as I waiting on right one to come through 2nd hand. However as an example in this weeks games alone I hit 2 instances where it would have been really useful.

Firstly gun died (out of ammo) at wrong moment when right on top of someone. If his hadnt as well could have proved painful, as it was it just became comical as we both fired blanks and dived for cover to swap mags. Second time I was tucked in tight atop the fort with both and AK47 and my MP5 to hand. Although even the MP5 was ungainly in these tight quarters. A small pistol would have been perfect for keeping heads down through the various windows while laying on my back under them.

So that's my 2 cents from the field :) When I do get one it will be something small. I have seen people with desert eagles, each to their own but for me its a small effective gun I need rather than looks.

(Edit: just for clarity, I do have 2 pistols as shown in my Guns owned, but they are springers so dont really count in my eyes, carry to complete the loadout look :) )

Not very often.

Id go as far to say that you don't need them unless you are a sniper

I disagree. Once I managed to creep up behind 4 people nicely grouped together, only for my AEG to refuse to fire. I spent about 1 minute pulling the trigger in vain, before giving up and creeping away again. Since then I've always carried a pistol, although I've never had a reason to use it since :D

So that's my 2 cents from the field :) When I do get one it will be something small. I have seen people with desert eagles, each to their own but for me its a small effective gun I need rather than looks.

(Edit: just for clarity, I do have 2 pistols as shown in my Guns owned, but they are springers so dont really count in my eyes, carry to complete the loadout look :) )

if you want small I would suggest a USP or Mk.23

but I'm still a colt .45 person :)

Me and my pistol are homeboys fo lyf.

I regularly dump my AEG and just run at people with my pistol, it's generally quite intimidating for them; who is this madman, why doesn't he need an AEG? I like it :D

also when you do get shot and you pass so many hiding with AEG's on way back to respawn, you hear, how the f**k did he get up there with only pistols!!! :D

• Supporters
if you want small I would suggest a USP or Mk.23

You are kidding with the mk23 right, it's hardly a 'small' pistol :P

haha, mk 23's are huge :P

Which is why they can be used as a primary weapon for some people....

Curse you Dave!

Walther PPKs are very nice small pistols. I can't remember who made them, but they were brilliant. And of course, as soon as you held it The music starts to play in your head...

The other reason I went for my P229 over the Walther PPK or P99 was the hammer. If the pistol has the working hammer, you can do the dramatic gun-cock. And boy is that fun.

In the one time I've ever done anything that could be remotely called stealthy, I snuck up the middle of the site through the stream, with nothing but P229. I got lost and ended up behind the enemy team. I saw this guy 'defending' their base, who clearly wasn't paying attention, so I snuck up behind him, and prodded the SIG into his left shoulder. He didn't notice anything.

I thummed the hammer down, with 2 very audible 'clicks'. :D

Hugh is so jelly.

Just because your frikkin' sidearm can outrange my LSW with it's absolutely useless madbull hop-up... <_<

Ah well, you get the 'fun' of helping me replace the madbull parts :P

Archived