Music Tastes

THE PREDATOR
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Indie/rock, nothing too heavy though.

And I hate dubstep, rap/hip-hop (apart from The Streets, I love them).

Oh yeah, and hate me for it, but I quite like Robbie Williams :P, which is my mum's fault.

• Supporters

Metal, particularly melodic and symphonic.

to those not in the know that would be 'tuneful metal' IE, the guitars are played skillfully and not just mashed and 'symphoinc' contains orchestral sections - Nightwish being the most famous example of this (check out planet hell, even if you don't like the music, you can't deny that the composer -Tuomas Halopinien, also their keyboardist - has talent)

and for melodic death metal, try Children of Bodom's 'bed of razors' or 'Angels don't kill' for something more heavy.

Everything from Peter Paul and mary to 50 Cent and Rock and some Notorious BIG

but i do hate dubstep

• Supporters

I like you Dave :)

My favourites at the moment are Alter Bridge and Audioslave. A little Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold, Pantera, things like that now and then...

Although my top all time favourite band are probably Disturbed, Alter Bridge are slowly stealing the title though.

Most stuff. I'm a huge Clash fan, so that means I listen to most genres. London Calling is the best album ever released in history.

Like Cyrax I'm into film soundtracks at the moment.

And game music. Hans Zimmer writing the score for MW2 is one of the best things about the game.

Currently going through a pretty big punk fest at the moment.

That said, I'm not really a fan of RnB & Hip/Hop. Or Grunge. I hate heavy metal music. Especially when played loud. No. It sounds just as bad when it's blasting at 125decibels, as it does when played at a normal level.

Club music is, in my experience, only good when you're : 1)drunk and 2)in a club with a lot of your mates. When none of those circumstances are met, it's just crap.

i would say i like rnb /pop the most as they seem to be what i mostly listen to but i like a strange mix tbh n dubz has been a recent liking of mine to even the old busted ! haha

• 2 weeks later...

Heavy Metal... soft rock, Christian rock (Skillet, Pillar etc.), and kind of rock... and american 20's 30's and 40's music... no rock and roll crap though...

Some rap as long as it has got meaning... none of these untrue stories about killing, drugs, girls and prostitutes you know? i.e Eminem and Jedi Mind Tricks

some club and pop... 3oh!3, Katy Perry etc. depends what mood I'm in

The homemade cd in my car currently has on it:

Young blood brass band

yeah yeah yeahs

rizzle kicks

zero 7

skindred

audioslave

the sword

mountain goats

So its fairly accurate to say I like an ecclectic range of music.

• Supporters

Only heard of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs in your list there..

Archived