Does anyone know of any good modern British War films?

Nickona
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It's not out yet (supposed to be out by Dec2011/Jan2012 last time I checked) but the film Adaption of The Feathermen.

It's (depending on your view) either a fiction movie or a fictional account about real-life events, about an elite group of (former?) UKSF who go around protecting ex-SAS men from terroists.

Interesting read, the film looks like it'll be good.

why oh why oh why did someone put down the fecking hurt locker its a peace of american dribble

I think Hubert is talking about killer elite correct?

Bingo, that's the one. Looked like it was going to be pretty good, if it' anything like the book.

okay I'be watch Age of heroes and its bloody good! loved it, the end was abit short but meh.

I've still got;

Bravo two zero

mark of cain

and i'll check out a few others

"Doomsday"? Its war, of sorts, and its British.

Along with Dog Soldiers, it's one of my favourite horror-action-comedy movies. Really enjoyed it.

Absolutely loved the Bently car chase...

bently car chae! that would expensive if you got it wrong

Along with Dog Soldiers, it's one of my favourite horror-action-comedy movies. Really enjoyed it.

Absolutely loved the Bently car chase...

Hah yeah pretty classic, its been a while since i saw it, but dont they use the Tar-21?

Hah yeah pretty classic, its been a while since i saw it, but dont they use the Tar-21?

At the start of the film at/on the wall the British soldiers are using L85A1s. However, it was filmed in South Africa, and L85s are difficult to get for movies - so they used UMAREX springers (hence the Union flag stickers on the rear of the receiever). The moving charging handle and ejected brass were all CGI (and dam good too!).

The government soldiers (or most of them anyway) have G36Ks

For the rest of the film - set in 2022 I think - they use a Vecktor CR-21, modified to have the SUSATs from thr toy L85s on them in place of the real optic the CR-21 has.

• 2 weeks later...

only war films that ever come out are either WW2 where it was a f*cking hard war to win, and took a world wide effort to win, fair play, makes a bloody good film(or 50 od)

Other then that, films are based on american troops f*cking up, then getting to the point where they overcome what they f*cked up and come out mildly victorious, then go on to lose even worst.

British films, well we dont f*ck up right away, our troops are f*cking idiots or roid bashing morons so potential directors dont seem to have much of an intrest in a film about british soilders.

(mark of cain is the exception, bloody good film though)

although i think the closest you can get to a good british tv show about british military is scrapheap challenege, funny how you see the army navy and airforce teams on there alot and they always win, then goverment say, well f*ck me, all they need is rubbish from a scrapyard, looks like we can cut the funds down further, moral of the story, british troops arnt f*cking retards, and can actualy get sh*t done.

EDIT: i think my rant there went a little off topic :S

haha, off topic slightly :D

I would like to see some about the Falklands (i've seen tumbledown but was sh*t) or the war in Oman and some Afghan stuff as there are some good stories about us kicking ass

Easy to make a film about guys with a "HO-HAH kill me some rag heads - oh no i just blew up a school" attitude. Not so much the following orders, getting stuck in and getting the job done proper attitude.

Speaking of which, i read a book written by an ex-marine who said that the US would stop a mission half way through just because they were hungry. Madness.

Punisher 2 Warzone isnt strictly british, but its got Ray Stevenson, whos Irish, but sounds british as that is where he was brought up, and its full of guns.

however the one thing i can like about black hawk down is its got an english director and loads of english cast

NEW WAR FILM

BY DIRECTOR NICK CLARK BRYAN

STARRING DANIEL CRAIG AND SEAN CONNERY

A JOB WELL DONE!

:D

i had to laugh when i found out american troops had Mc donalds on their base. put them in a war zone and give them all the treats and privvies of standard civi life, if your in a war zone, you eat sh*tty war zone food(i actually love rat packs and mystery strew)

the old beef stew was amazing! and the choc pudding is awesome although it does look like sh*t

but tbh a nice cheeseburger, i wouldn't complain

and the most dangerous!

"I'm sorry sir I can't hear your order over the mortors"

i feel this is the point where i should redirect you guys to the Mc donalds thread :D.

And i think the best is the lankishire hot pot. never was a fan of the deserts, used to trade them for yorkies :D

i did watch it, twas good but there are too many ww11 america films so i didn't find it amazing, prefered strike back

Archived