riots

lemon191
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I read all 16,000 police have been given orders to use plastic bullets, this should get more entertaining :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I read all 16,000 police have been given orders to use plastic bullets, this should get more entertaining :D

possibly just a rumour as david/police have only wanted to use them as a last resort so i think this will have to go on for a bit longer before we can crack the pop corn out

about 5 papers had it on the front page with pics of police with the plastic bullet guns

got any pics lol, im a bit lazy and too ill to get e newspaper from the shop :P

TBH i just saw them when i went to pick up a coke while walking my dog :)

Odd that these guys are pushing on the one side for parents to march their kids to the Police station (which I agre with) and at the same time saying if your kids riot we will evict you and you will be prosecuted...

I am lucky my kids are all decent (at moment), but if they go off the rails will I be supported or prosecuted in trying to bring em back in line?

I have seen over the years the dad barred from working with kids and criminal record for slapping his 14 year old daughters face in a row. She had thrown a brick through the neighbours window and he was telling her off. Another dad done (was an MP if I recall the story) for assault, his crime holding his daughters wrists to prevent her leaving the house to buy drugs.

I agree some parents just dont give a damn, but I bet not every brat there has a family who dont care and a blanket 'tarred with same brush' wont help.

On one of the sparks for some of this, I find it ironic us airsofters often have gun and helmet cams yet the police who by the nature of their work will end up in court if they fire dont??

well i think after this they won't be as strict.

Also the reason we have all the kit is cuz we buy it all!

there sending water cannons from N Ireland to London to bad there not sending over the anti riot lads over as well

This country has become corrupt , even me , a youth can realize that the government is to blame . And as for the Scum who try to loot place's such as "Poundland" and get off with 5 quids worth of sweets or house-ware , they dont give a damn about what happened to the CRIMINAL who got shot whilst holding a LOADED handgun ? what does he expect walking around the streets with a loaded handgun a. whether it was loaded atall or b. if he did fire a round into an officer , every action has a consequence.

This country disgusts me sometimes , Ah well if it wasn't for airsoft i might go insane =)

PS: Just heard the new's , a curfew may be put in place , social networks may be blocked, and an 11 ! year old was found looting eh ,

(Anonymous and Lulzsec aren't very happy !) >:) HeHeHe

TBH its not this government to blame, they haven't been in long enough it was the previous one that put in all the bullsh*t human rights things about not disicplineing children. The current one is trying to fix that

• Supporters

I think it is the current one, they're cutting too much, too fast and people can't keep up.

Half the people rioting are the people who will be on the brink of poverty, taxes have gone up, everything's being cut, teachers are moaning about pensions, students can't afford anything, everyone's pissed off and none of the peaceful protests have yielded results.

So what's left other than to kick off because no one's listening to us?

It's entirely the fault of The Conservatives' radical and unrealistic budget cuts.

yes but most of the rioters who did the damage were only using that stuff as an excuse to cause damage etc. the main problem is the lack of respect and authority

• Supporters
yes but most of the rioters who did the damage were only using that stuff as an excuse to cause damage etc. the main problem is the lack of respect and authority

Lack of respect is the governments fault again though. There have been numerous protests for numerous things already and the government have largely ignored all of them. Hardly respectful.

So in equally disrespectful taste, thugs are smashing things up for the sake of it.

As for authority, the PM had buggered off to Italy and left us to swim around in our own shite, there was no authority figure.

I don't think if he'd been present it would've made any difference though.

The Police have done absolutely everything so far, the politicians are just standing around trying to steal their credit by saying they were under orders from their party or whatever.

The rioters don't care that they're making things worse, they just want their voices heard and no one is listening to them.

The only way they can get anyone's attention is by breaking the law. It's a vicious cycle and the government need to recognise what people are asking for and act on it before people feel the need to lash out to gain a response.

I'm going to stop commenting on this topic now because it's an issue I feel strongly about and I don't want it to get out of hand and turn into an argument.

It'd be an unfortunate occurance for the forums.

Well, in my personal opinion the goverment can only do so much and it makes mistakes as all goverments do. Its not the goverments direct fault. We can't blame the goverment for these thugs smashing windows and rioting. The protest should be calm and mature and also planned. Blaming the goverment..thats an excuse for thugs to have fun. People are too quick to just say "its the goverment". It's not, its about thugs looking for an excuse to cause trouble.

Imo, you shouln't even have a voice at all if you arnt working/school. Those on any kind of benefits should not even be heard as they are giving nothing back to the country anyway. now, they riot and inturn is going to effect me direct by goverment cutbacks. I can understand the goverment making cutbacks, but i have no time for anyone who is hurt in these riots if they are causing direct trouble.

Too many yobs have too much to say and complaining about not getting enough free money.

Yes Sonic, completely agree.

If people are against gov. cuts then if you have a look around we are the only country who have done so and so far we are still AAA unlike america and we're not being bailed out, so i would say its working very well.

and actually these riots were started about a shooting and now people are just finding excuses and the only one they can come up with is we need more free money from everyone else

and of course the politicians haven't made the plans they the politicians not the police, we expect far too much from out government, they're not babysitters

i have never had any time for these people who are just looking constantly for someone else to blame for their own failures in life.

they say all these people who destroyed peoples property, homes, buisnesses some have even violently attacked and murdered others are just feeling forgotten and left out by society f**king b****ks to that, this country and its people have done alot to embrace everyone no matter who they are. unfortunatly they havent done the same.

also eviciting them from their cosy council housing is the best thing the govenment could do finaly showing some back bone when it comes to punishment . kick the lazy b*****ds onto the streets and then let them find out what it really feels like to be forgotten by society.

• Supporters

THE RIOTERS PRAYER

Our father, who art in prison,

my mum knows not his name,

thy Riots come, read it in the sun,

in Birmingham​, as it is in London,

give us this day our Welfare bread & forgive us our looting,

as we're happy to loot those who defend stuff against us,

lead us not into employment​ but deliver us free housing,

for thine is the teles, the Burberry & the Barcardi,

forever and ever...Innit

• Supporters

Saw that the other day (well similar, a few different lines) made me laugh, almost as good as the old spice one :P

Have the riots more or less stopped now? I haven't been keeping up to date etc recently

In the event of a nuclear war, after the 2 month fallout warning A new order is engadged: One part of this order says what to do with looters directed to any army, police Ect.

All Looters WILL be shot on sight.

These pathetic Scum are VERY lucky that they are not dead.

( I do alot of reading about nuclear war and the aftermath of it, Including the weapons used. It is my intrest)

Archived