white as a two tone colour

lemon191
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• AF-UK Founding Member

White doesn't look ridiculous enough therefore I'd have to say RIF. If they thought white was OK, they'd just add it to the list. I'm sure they were clever enough to remember all the colours when they drew up the list.

• Supporters

I mean no disrespect to anyone posting here who thinks the contrary, but white is most definitely RIF colouration.

It's 5:40am and I've had virtually no sleep, so won't go into the reasoning, but I have confirmed this with the head of an extremely well reputed security consultancy company whom I know personally have a hand in this sort of thing.

Please stop speculating or trying to "bend" the law to its extremes just because the wording makes it seems like you can. Eventually someone will get themselves shot for it.

thats fair enough fin, it was just somthing i noticed when looking for the colour list for nick so thought id put it up.

as for bending laws theres nothing wrong with it aslong as you dont break them :)

as for bending laws theres nothing wrong with it aslong as you dont break them :)

haha! same with the truth

• 1 month later...

Was just going to post same colour list, as blue is a good IF colour to my knowledge :) The 'blue' guns used in training are blue precisly because they are fake/not real weapons. Blue is often used for inert ordnance from what I have seen around (OK mostly on ebay, I am not a firearms expert :) )

Good example of Police training weapons, you also see them in red here and there:

http://www.blueguns.com/

As to white guns, you get caught out here in the VCRA and this is why its not on exempt list:

"3 In determining for the purposes of this section whether an imitation firearm is distinguishable from a real firearm

( a ) the matters that must be taken into account include any differences between the size, shape and principal colour of the imitation firearm and the size,
shape and colour in which the real firearm is manufactured
; and

( b ) the imitation is to be regarded as distinguishable if its size, shape or principal colour is unrealistic for a real firearm."

White firearms are very much manufactured / used for snow as people noted :)

Archived