white as a two tone colour

lemon191
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i noticed white is not part of the allowed colours to use and was just wondering why? i wouldnt say white is very realistic unless you live in a country that has snow all the time...

well as you said, some armed forces use white guns, depending where they are. so it can be quite realistic in some cases and also, white is a very easy colour to paint or cover with another such as black or something.

Ass above, white guns are used in real life etc...

It's the same reason why blue doesn't count either (although lots of places sell blue guns anyway....)

i did guess about the use of white as a camo but i thought as it wont be in use in this country and i cant see someone taking a gun which is painted half white any more seriously as a brght orange/red/green etc, either way doesnt matter that much i was just wondering if there was any other reasons

It's the same reason why blue doesn't count either (although lots of places sell blue guns anyway....)

lol thanks

but yeah alot of blue guns are still sold and my guess is that the people in charge of VCRA cant be bothered to chase this up, i think there was one retailer somewhere selling a white GR16 and not asking for a UKARA number but i dont remember who

• AF-UK Founding Member

It has to be a bright colour that stands out too, as far as I'm aware. Whilst white can be bright, I wouldn't describe it as that nor does it stand out much, and many a member of the public might still view it as a RIF rather than an IF. If it is bright orange or green or something it is slightly more obvious that it isn't real.

The armed Police use blue guns in training so blue is no longer allowed to be used as 2tone. White may be classed as an artic camo and isnt allowed. I think the only decent 2tone colour is green, it comes as standard and really decent.

• 3 months later...

my mate has a G&G m4 combat machine 2 tone black and blue and that was bought with no ukara mumbo jumbo.

what happens if you get a RIF 2 toned and the paint comes off due to poor spraying prep?

my mate has a G&G m4 combat machine 2 tone black and blue and that was bought with no ukara mumbo jumbo.

what happens if you get a RIF 2 toned and the paint comes off due to poor spraying prep?

would say this is a grey area really. it would be pretty obvious that its just worn off rarther than you trying to remove the paint as the main bulk of the colour should still be intack while the worn areas would be around the grips/stock although technically you should probably touch it up so its the bright/ correct amount again though i dout anyone would say anything if you didnt

EGR-C16-CHP-1L.jpg

^that.

Owning a RIF is not against the law no matter what. However if you do a poor spray job on purpose you're breaking the law.

edit: btw could mod change the title from "two tone colours" to something more accurate like "white as a two tone colour".. trying to find a thread with a list of the allowed colours.

oh white camo in scotland?

its all been said, but what dev said about asking shops to spray, a lot of them will often give you a choice of colour, normally green or blue

Also I don't think you can get white to be very bright

not true, i resprayed my alloy wheels white and they were pretty damn bright but it needs to be prepared and sprayed properly.

i have a white car and must admit when its parked near other colours it doesnt stick out as much as they do i guess the other colours were chosen for the fact they draw your attention where as white while being bright can be missed in the back ground abit more i assue this would be because of lighting and how our eyes react to it

What if real soldiers had to fight in candy floss land? Surely that means pink shouldn't be allowed either? :P

these are the questions!

is red on the 2 tone list?

source: website i got it from

dimensions and colours:

- a height of 38mm and a length of 70mm. An imitation firearm

with dimensions less than this is to be regarded as unrealistic

- transparent

- bright red

- bright orange

- bright yellow

- bright green

- bright pink

- bright purple

- bright blue. -- not sure but i kept hearing that blue was taken off the list? so could be an out of date link but wouldnt imagine the other colours have changed.

i also noticed this :

13. An imitation firearm the principal colour of which is not one of those listed

in the Regulations does not automatically fall to be regarded as realistic,

although it is more likely that that will be the case. In these circumstances, the

general test of whether it is distinguishable from a real firearm, taking into

account its size, colour etc, should be applied. It is worth keeping in mind that

the intention behind this measure is to stop the supply of imitations which look

so realistic that they are being used by criminals to threaten and intimidate

their victims.

imo this makes the white gun a case of at the sellers disgression on wether they regard it as a rif or not although obviously most retailers will take the safe option to avoid hassle, it still could be argued that it doesnt count as a rif as i dont know many people who would treat a white gun any different to a blue/red/green etc

nice work there lemon! I'd imagine it depends on how the police see it

• Supporters
I'd imagine it depends on how the police see it

Colourful!

Archived