TM MP5 feed issue urgent

Fortheunion
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there, first post, I've got a skirmish tomorrow and I've got a serious problem with my MP5s.

Basically, insert mag ( low mid or high caps) and fire the weapon and nothing comes out but it cycles. Then remove mag and bbs drop out. This occurs on semi or full auto as well as when I insert and remove the mag without firing the weapon. Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated...

Ben

so the gearbox sounds like it is firing, but nothing happens and it isnt a mag issue?

Snapped/worn tappet plate would be the first thing to check. If you're competent at it, it's an easy enough job, if not, don't risk it.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure if it's a mag issue, I have very little knowledge/skill in repairs. Is there a short term solution to get me by for tomorrow? Or is it something someone could repair on site for me? Cheers again.

It could potentially be a whole range of things, all of which would require gearbox access, but from the symptoms that you are describing where it won't fire anything but sounds mechanically fine, that is most likely.

Ok thanks very much, I appreciate your reply!

Archived