Marksman advise

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Since I am slowly becoming a Marksman I am just wondering if anybody wants to give me some tips or advise about being one, also anyone want to give me some free stuff such as Bi-pod and scope :P

I will start my new role on wednesday at CSW :)

Cam.

• Supporters

Develop your own style imo, just practice your aim and know your weapon through and through, take it steady and dont rush in. be patient :)

and dependable of game site be prepared for

1. Shooting enemy

2. enemy looks about thinking nobody saw it (ricochet?)

3. enemy runs off before you have time to take a second shot.

4. Endless cursing

Get used to moving slowly and learn which kind of areas your camo will work well with.....master this and your invisible.

Last game i was laying down in my concealment vest, 3 of the opfor walked behind me and then one stepped over my l96 barrel, glad he didnt step on it instead :P

and dependable of game site be prepared for

1. Shooting enemy

2. enemy looks about thinking nobody saw it (ricochet?)

3. enemy runs off before you have time to take a second shot.

4. Endless cursing

High fps, heavy weight ammo, makes opponent take their hits pretty well :P

I use .4's and the good thing about the heavier ammo is that is penetrates foliage rather well too

Thanks guys,

My M4 is firing at arond 350 as the new rubber needs to wear in :/ That is the limit at my site no single shot rule. Need to cover up the blue body and stock with some scrim. Need a bi-pod or something to support it.

Cam.

• Supporters

The main thing to remember is you are not a sniper, you are a playing as a marksman, therefore you play very differently. You don't split off from your team and go solo, you stay with your squad, gruoup or whatever and take out targets ruddy no one else can reach. The play style isn't a super aggressive style, you move less than a standard rifleman etc. But you stay with your group.

One of the benefits that a Sniper won't have is the ability to take quick follow up shots, ie, fire twice in quick secession.

Semi only (obviously) as for bbs weight, try .28's.

As for you gun, a scope or acog can be of use, or you could use and eotech/aimpoint & magnefier, obviously the decision is up to you. I would also say forget the bipod, it adds unnecessary weight to the front of your gun, and with the amount off moving you do, it will become an interference

• Supporters

Have you got it locked to semi only?

If not fire a short burst of fa somewhere and continue, if also probably worth noting that Ive never had the problem- so long as you don't completely spam the trigger to try and get fa speeds on semi you should be fine :)

Have you got it locked to semi only?

If not fire a short burst of fa somewhere and continue, if also probably worth noting that Ive never had the problem- so long as you don't completely spam the trigger to try and get fa speeds on semi you should be fine :)

No, at Combat South there is no point as having semi only has no benefits, we need new rules.

• Supporters

Well you say that but with a higher DMR limit- say 425 like other sites, then we would have minimum engagement distances, which I dont like.

I like CSW limits, although admittantly I would give Snipers 450 FPS

• Supporters

no it doesn't.

a scope worth using will basically ignore the fact that there is something that close to it. something to do with the way teh light inside the scope bends and all that jazz.

and if it does get in the way, try moving it back nd forwards a bit to find a point where you can't see it.

no it doesn't.

a scope worth using will basically ignore the fact that there is something that close to it. something to do with the way teh light inside the scope bends and all that jazz.

and if it does get in the way, try moving it back nd forwards a bit to find a point where you can't see it.

But my Red dot sits to low in the mounts.

Archived