what cars do you guys drive

lemon191
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

as there seems to be quite a age range here thought it would be interesting to see what everyone one rolls in.

myself just a Corsa C to keep insurance down :(

• Supporters

I'll find out when (if) I pass my test, get a car and then get insurance.. somehow affording it all...

• Supporters

Matt, how the hell have you insured that?

I'm sure you're a similar age as me!

I tried to fine either an old (pre 1971 for tax exemption and awesome plates) VW Beetle or 2CV and both at 1.2ltr and 1ltr cost over £3500 to insure for ONE YEAR!

I COULD BUY A SODDING CAW M134 TO KEEP PERMANENTLY AND GET MORE USE OUT OF IT THAN BLOODY INSURANCE!!!!!!!!!!

also, 'Miss David Doodson' is only £300 cheaper to insure than 'Mr David Doodson' for those wondering about M-F insurance.

• Supporters
Matt, how the hell have you insured that?

I'm sure you're a similar age as me!

I tried to fine either an old (pre 1971 for tax exemption and awesome plates) VW Beetle or 2CV and both at 1.2ltr and 1ltr cost over £3500 to insure for ONE YEAR!

I COULD BUY A SODDING CAW M134 TO KEEP PERMANENTLY AND GET MORE USE OUT OF IT THAN BLOODY INSURANCE!!!!!!!!!!

also, 'Miss David Doodson' is only £300 cheaper to insure than 'Mr David Doodson' for those wondering about M-F insurance.

im with aviva as is every member of my family (4 people on 3 cars) that knocks it down. there only human at the end of the phone haggle till the end of the earth, lie and make fake quotes to see if they can match etc.

best result was from my dad who got quoted £2,800. got it down to £600. dispute popular belief insurance companies DO help you out.

and why the hell would you want to ride about in a 2CV! maintainence will cost you more than the tax will!

• Supporters

Ah yes, but old cars are cool. Bits for them are cheap and plentiful for 2CV's and Beetles, so sourcing parts and doing work myself/with help from dad is for the most part really easy.

It's either a small old car or a large estate/van. nothing else will really suit me very well - or be useful to my needs.

Archived