landmines

craig
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The landmine can go anywhere you can dig but you need to think about the location there is a fort game where you win by stealing the flag I would put one at the bottom of the leader as a last line sort of thing

you could tie a trip line ot the flag :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Or you tie the flag up. I did that once in paintball, tied it to the beams in the top of the building, some guy ran through grabbed flag and fell smack on his arse and then got pelted :L

• Supporters

I like the sound of that all three times

Or you tie the flag up. I did that once in paintball, tied it to the beams in the top of the building, some guy ran through grabbed flag and fell smack on his arse and then got pelted :L

Well done m8 :D but I think it maybe unsportsmanlike to try make the guy fall of the top of the fort :)

Im going to try making some home made traps with IR beams :)

the idea is nice, but the problem is that anything whch breaks the beam will set it off, so even a falling leaf will set it off.

the door bell method is a good idea, most people change the doorbell housing ad make it look more military style. such as setting a basic circut inside a hobbybox adding a few leds and a doomsday switch and throwing on a wifi antenna to add to the look.

I have one built ill need to find a photo of it, but it was a build i done for one of my film projects.

• Supporters
the idea is nice, but the problem is that anything whch breaks the beam will set it off, so even a falling leaf will set it off.

Too true, I was thinking more indoor CQB but after Iv had more time making remotes I was thinking of making a MKII IR with remote arming, we can set them up and our guys wont set them off but if we need to fall back i can arm them

I was also thinking of timers for CQB, If you trip the IR your dead, A three sec delay could kill your team

What do you think?

where was that, cuz someone did that in one of my games????

also sorry for the tripple post must have accidently raped thepost button :)

• Supporters

Necton in Norfolk, so doubt it was the same game :P

• Supporters

Just for the giggles how about a trap with a speaker "SILENCE I Kill You"...BOOM!

What would you record to play? b4 or after it go's off :)

a delay IR mine could work for doing CQB, it should be a pretty easy build.

what i wouldnt mind making is a automated turret which shoots and tracks using heat signatures with a RFID bypassor rigging a heat sensor to a set of mines linked in parallel so that as soon as the tempature of the room rises(like when a person enters a room) then all the mines go off. good for cqb where people are doing full room sweeps

• Supporters
what i wouldnt mind making is a automated turret

SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS!!!

Aim for the stars m8 :) target acquisition and firing is one thing but target tracking could be a S.O.B.

Would love to see it someday, What did you have in mined two M4's with drums?

I think you may like this link http://negativeacknowledge.com/2010/06/aut...ed-nerf-turret/

thats cool,

but tell me shriff how would you get it not to shoot you?

well the idea(will cost a ton to build the f*cker)

Use a thermal camera to track the motion, works better then using a basic camera and tracking software, as a person on a standard high res camera can still blend in on the background making it hard to track the motition, but a thermal camera to track motion would be more easy, as body heat is more prominante then any background (dont set it up nxt to a heater or car engine or fire) smoke grenades could in deed trigger it but that would prove a stragety that people would have to think about.

To insure i dont get hit i would use either an RFID to transmit when im in a certain range, or just a simple keyfob to turn it on and off again. Althoug hthe RFID idea i like.

Also attach a range finder to work along side the cameras, to insure ammo is pointlessly fired off when a target is out of range.

As for the gun.

You seen the vulcan?

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Piper-P3-13...igun_AIY6G.aspx

My design theroy could work.........But i doubt ill ever have the money to build the thing

• Supporters

Get two and get TF2 :) to can hind the thermal camera ect in the missile box

TF2_Sentry_01.jpg

On top of that it would on longer just be an Airsoft thing it was be a gamer thing you could take it to Pax, E3, ect

i couldnt, id get kciked out as i would undoubtly turn the ting on for shits and goggles

• Supporters
i couldnt, id get kciked out as i would undoubtly turn the ting on for shits and goggles

From the way you typed that I think you're already giggling your ass off :P

yea the idea of me just stood there, while aload of fat pc gamers walk up looking at it, then telling me where i went wrong and what i could do to make it look more realistic..............

heck i even started making plans in my head how to over power the thing and started thinking ideas how to make mini rockets that detonate on impact....................

growing up in the cadet force plus going to a scool that taught me how to make explosives(unknowingly taught me) seems that ive grown up with a more volitile pyro obsession.

but then again blowing sh*t up is just tooo fun

it wouldn't be that hard to swap out the paintball gun to a mp7 or a L22

• Supporters
it wouldn't be that hard to swap out the paintball gun to a mp7 or a L22

I was thinking more like a M4 with C class drum meg

You need to think about the balance as well as the weight

that's what im think with the L22 short gun with a large mag and a high powered laser sight

Archived