landmines

craig
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

what is the opinion of everyone on landmines and claymores

as well as homemade traps

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was let down when i got a claymore. i was expecting something epic......got some really overprice toy which just throws BBs.

Personally id just stick with rigging some therobarics to be a trip mine.

Never come across these trip mines, our site must not allow them.. :( also anyone got any idea's on how to rig pyro's to be trip mines? i was thinking to take a multi tool, string (nylon or something) and electrical tape..?

yeah i just use a ring pull grenade for airsoft world some para cord and a wee bit of insulation type

the best way to make a simple detanator (as some thermobarics are strike caps) is to get a load of matches and rig them right with some cardboard and tape and a straw. real easy. if you cant figue it out then PM me and ill write up a guide on how to do it

• 5 weeks later...

One of the team bought a £70 remote claymore,,what a load of pants ,range was limited on the RF and was weak with the BB`s

I made some trip wires up using rat traps from B&Q and fishing wire and some loud percussion caps and a cup so when tripped they threw a hand full of dried peas and a crack from the caps they new they were hit even if the peas didnt get them they were just for effect worked a treat and didnt cost a bomb (pardon the pun)

I have a trip wire alarm I made which could be easily converted to a mine type thing

its a rape alarm with a ring pull conected to some wire which is tied to a stake and the alarm is on a stake with the sting running through a hole so it leaves the alarm in place while detonateing it,

could work with a BFG

• Supporters

Only landmine I like is the S-Thunder CO2 Water Landmine

all that hits you is water :)

As for Grenades I really want a Tornado mk2

• Supporters

I love how one of the water nozzles broke off..

• Supporters
One of the team bought a £70 remote claymore,,what a load of pants ,range was limited on the RF and was weak with the BB`s

I made some trip wires up using rat traps from B&Q and fishing wire and some loud percussion caps and a cup so when tripped they threw a hand full of dried peas and a crack from the caps they new they were hit even if the peas didnt get them they were just for effect worked a treat and didnt cost a bomb (pardon the pun)

You can make one of them with a 2 mouse traps and a tuperwear box

There are kits you can get to make remote electric ignition but if you don't know what you're doing or have never Solder b4 DONT TRY IT last thing you need is a flash bang going off in you hand

As for sites that will not allow Pyro's "Personal Panic Alarms" you pull out a pin to set it off add a little fishing wire and something to weigh it down and your done

PS never ever let Jim and me have time to set up a CQB defense :P

As for sites that will not allow Pyro's "Personal Panic Alarms" you pull out a pin to set it off add a little fishing wire and something to weigh it down and your done

thats what i have but i would use it as a warning/distraction device as people aren't likely to take a hit from it

• Supporters
thats what i have but i would use it as a warning/distraction device as people aren't likely to take a hit from it

Its up to the Marshal on the site sometimes thay will set the rule of the day that setting it off is a 2m kill zone puts the players on their toes :)

yo should see me, ill carry as many as im allowed.....even when i go camping up my mates farm ill take a joblot of grenades smoke and thermobaric :D i like giving people proper wake up calls

• Supporters
yo should see me, ill carry as many as im allowed.....even when i go camping up my mates farm ill take a joblot of grenades smoke and thermobaric :D i like giving people proper wake up calls

Your EVIL....................................... I like it :P

no evil is setting of 5 flash bangs next to my mates tent in the morning due to him and his girlfriend waking me up with their sex habbits............evil is tieing rope to a friends legs and attaching the other end to a quad bike with some one on the back with smoke grenades lit and blowing the smoke in the guys face as he rushes though the soft grass in his sleeping bag.

evil is playing russian roulette with a 6 shot revolver and insted of loading up BB's put the rubber slug and over charge the shell and knowing which chamber it is in :D

NNot that im evil. Im just a c*nt

A good wireless det system is to buy a cheap wireless doorbell so you then have a sender and a reciever, on the reciever you remove the wires going to the doorbell and fit crocodile clips to which you attach an e-match going to your pyro...job done

in all honesty do people actualy step on those mines? as they cant be very buried like a real mine due to the nozzles for water etc needing to be open to shoot so would stick out like a sore thumb. they just seem very gimiky to me

that's why i use trip wire much more effective

pressure mines are well hit or mostly miss the more mine the better your chances to a hit

for example there is a site in Ireland were i have seen pressure mines that have been left there for weeks that the marshals just refill them and put them back after they go off

• Supporters

There is a right and a wrong way to use both,

Trip wires and best but there are times when you have no where to set them up,

The landmine can go anywhere you can dig but you need to think about the location there is a fort game where you win by stealing the flag I would put one at the bottom of the leader as a last line sort of thing

It all about location, camo and luck

Im going to try making some home made traps with IR beams :)

Archived