AOE online

sonic
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Not sure about the priests but yea, think them sounds were from AOE 1, classic game. The theme music was probably one of the best ive ever heard in a compute game. I think it comes out on 16th of this month. You have to create an xboxlive gamertag to be able to play it online as there is no offline mode in this version by microsoft.

There are lots of videos on youtube now of the beta.

you kidding right, AOE has had online play since it came out back in the 90's is it just an online game or is it a MMO?

Yea its 2 game modes. I think the first is skirmish. 1v1's and 2v2's. However, a premium member can only invite people into games, but a free player can be invited.

The other game mode i believe is 4v4, 5v5 ect..

They have taken away all offline game modes, but instead gave missions online. For example, build 5 farms and defend an enemy attack within a time frame, or make 5 guard towers and mine 400 gold within a time scale.. things like that, get you XP. Its hard to figure it all out really, im just going to buy it and mess with it because its supposed to be the most in depth game of the AOE series ever relased.

• Supporters
If the priests still go 'woloolooooooololo'

YES!

was looking into this game eariler, think its a drab attempt at a revive of the game, if you want to play online check out gameranger there are hundred of lobbies still open for every AOE game. even the 1st one.

gameranger is decent but a has alot of problems with the matchmaking. The best lace ive found is voobly.com, although the staff are ran by kids, once your in a game it's fine. This is where most of the old zone.com player have gone to, its very like the MSN gaming zone. Then there is gamespy, which is dreadful.

I found gameranger to be brilliant. over 100 differnt games majority of the time for any given AOE or EE game. plus with all the previous AOE games you had missions and cam peight and had offline maches up to 8 AI player. or online up to 8 players plus you can add ai. much rather that then a pay per month MMO with dreadful cartoon graphics suited for a 5 year old

Yea that was one of the best things about AOE games, the offline play. It was great how age community deisgned very hard new AI. The graphics are cartoon yes, i hated it at first but i will be getting it to give it a go. If not i will be back at voobly.com only because there are over 1700 players playing AOC and Age of kings daily. I might try gameranger again but the client was very buggy last time i used it and they didnt have any protection against cheaters, where as voobly use a new 1.F patch to stop the cheats.

New info is that its coming out on the 16th of this month.

There will be 2 civs to start with.

Each other civ costs 20$

all games are 2v2 or 1v1 untill updated

online missions for single player or coop mode

option to buy buildings and upgraded, although the game can be played withought spending money

Priests can convert enemies but follow the routine of AOE and not AOK ( convert unit = he dies )

All items are bought using MS points.

Archived