Need Some Help!!!

Nickona
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I've just finished filming a short action film but we haven't come up with a name for it yet! So if anyone would like to suggest one that would be a great help!

Rough plot (don't want to give too much away) is two spec ops people raid a builing to recover some intel when it turns out to be a trap and then they have to escape but one is kileed and the other trys to get away by bike (a full suss DH bike) and is then persued. I'll leave out the climax.

Think along the lines of the estate mission in MW2 but without the betrayal and not in an estate :)

any help would be great

thanks nick

Depends, is the story based of a game, another original story, is it pure 100% your own creative input for it, (may sound silly but can help when naming it)

Also depends on the plot, no point calling it SWAT if its about 1800's civil war.

one key feature when nameing things dont go more then Two words (not including "The", "A", or other irrelevant words. just dont go nuts, maybe 3 if its catch)

with out knowing story, its just going to be a case of blind fire names. and maybe you might get a few decent names for every 100 posts.

Good luck

thanks sheriff, i probs should have said more :)

its modern day, not based on a game, its 100% mine. as more the units british spec ops so SAS/SBS and as always a random terrorist force (who happen to wear DPM but thats due to limited wardrobe)

Well there are several way to which you can protray your title.

Im not in any way suggesting a name, a name is something that you need to feel suits. and with out knowing/reading the full script only you can really decide.

The Film I'm currently making was named due to how i felt the film would be Interpreted, As the film follows one mans storys and is based on a game, so the title was called "The minmatar Chronicles" minmatar being the race of the main character from which the story followed, and chronicles because it sounded better then Story or any other subsiding word to mean the same.

For your film you can choose a few ways to come up with a name. Being a SAS/SBS task force film, You could use several things you can use innuendos if its a more comedy/spoof film about Task forces. You could give the title a duel meaning, so that it can be interpreted in multiply ways causing mystery. this differs from an innuendo as those would normally be cheesy, where as double meaning would be a more more intellectual and cleaver. (Double entry Squad would be an example of a cheesy innuendo, Operation Psi ops would be an example of a double meaning title (bad example but you get the drift. its clever as Operation Psi ops could be read in a mannor of ways, Psi can mean Psychological warefare, Or can mean Psi as in the letter of the Greek alphabet to signafy that its one of many squads like it.

It can also reflect the characters in the film

thanks a lot sheriff. I was thinking about having some thing like operation ..... but then the problem is it is too much of an escape/chase film for it to really reflect the content. I was thinking of haveing somethinf like Task Force ... : Ambush or something like that (i wouldn't have TF then numbers, a word like they do in real life)

Operation Houdini

erm.. well it doesn't quite work but thanks

The not so great escape?

really?

Does the intel/ program they are taking have a name? If it was "Xion" or something, it could be Operation: Xion. Not very exciting, but mysterious. Or "Xion Rising" or "Hunting Xion / Xion Hunter"

If not, "Breach", if the team are called "Ghosts" then "Ghost Riders".

Or maybe a line from the movie? I dont know the script obviously. e.g. "Bring me their blood"

Earlier you said you dont want "Operation" as it doesnt reflect the chasing part of the film - but do you want people to know about that bit from the start? Or do you want it viewed as a mission, then something goes wrong? If you make the title reflect a later part in the film, people wont be surprised when it happens, they will be waiting for it.

A bit more info would help but thats what i got for now.

i'm liking some of these ideas, they're giving me ideas for other films :)

I would called it operation ... if anyone can come up with a good one,

a line might be good!

what other info would you like?

Matt you want to detail to all of that?

give us one of those catchy quotes from your short film and you got a title, like in black hawk down...

This is Super 6-4 we are going down blah blah blah

Boom

We got a BLACK HAWK DOWN i repeat a black hawk down :(

or in other film or, if the house or whatever has a name, name it that.

or if your a fan of two girls one cup (dont google it if you dont already know what it is) you can call it 2 guys one gat

you will be scarred for life if you watch it...and if you do dare to watch it, dont ever tell your parents you did so

I know of it sheriff........

no matt i don't habe one yet,

what do people think of just Intel or Intelligence

The Interception of Intelligence, (The IOI) AKA The Eye over I.

they're a bit bland but i thought that they would be mysterious, any others?

Archived