Is there a working silencer

Guest sonicx
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest sonicx

Hi, I have an SRC g36c, is it possible to actually get a working silencer or something that makes it more quite when shooting, rather than a pointless mock version. I dont want to spend fortunes on it, so cheap as possible but one that works.. any idead guys, thanks.

the problem is that suppressors work by taking some of the gas away and as that doesn't happen with AEGs. The sound comes from the motors which aren't really silenced from the barrel but i'm not too knowledgeable on the working of airsof guns

If you dont care about look, I'd try to warp the gun for foam..

As for airsoft silencers being useless. They do not silence but a lot of people use them for extended inner barrel.

Guest sonicx

Thanks for the fast replies. What i was thinking is squirting filler foam into the silcencer , then after is hardens... drill a small hole through, this will /MAY silence it a bit. Is this a no go zone regarding gun performace and safety, has anyone tried this?

Then again, it wont silence it, if the noise comes from a differnt part of the gun :(

Also if this is a silly way, i might just buy a mock silencer and get a different sound.. or is it worth paying like 70.00? or a cheap one for around 15.00 ?

They do not silence but a lot of people use them for extended inner barrel.

good point that, they do add accuracy with the longer barrel without taking power (not a noticeable amount) as they do not take away the hot gasses from the round as there aren't any

it does, obiously not massively but it does, i.e snipers have long barrels

• AF-UK Founding Member

Not sure what you're getting at with the filler to be honest. I wouldn't bother at all. I wouldn't expect to be able to 'silence' your G36 in anyway. You'll just have to put up with/learn to like the sound if you don't like it. Everyone is in the same boat :P

the good thing about airsoft guns in terms of sound is that there is not distinct crack so its harder to see where they're coming from

If you want to silence it, work on thickening the shell around the motor and sealing any loose holes adding rubber sealer around every little gap. to help sound proof, that would be pretty much the only way you can actually silence it properly. and drilling a hole in the silencer wont do sod all, if anything will hinder range but might make it a bit more accurate

yea i know but the neigbous dont know that. Alot of them are eldery or nasty people that would think it was real. They can't see it,only hear it shooting targets. I wont ever be able to use it in full auto unless i go someplace far away, i was hoping for some silencer, but its ok i will deal with it i guess.

i film is it air rifle proof infront of the river thames and loads of people watch me and my air rifle looks realish and if they can see what you're shooting and what with they are more likely to understand and i don't think an aeg sounds enough to be scared

To be honest the armed police get a fair few calls about people shooting BB guns and air rilfes in their gardens so they wont burst in guns blazing.

normally its a knock and you will notice the holsters on their belts right away.

if its a call about guns being shot in residential area they will normally wait out front for a while and listen out.

if they what sounds like a bang, then you will hear alot more cars coming your way, otherwise if they just hear tap tap ting then its just a knock on the door and a friendly formal chat about guns bad never use them in public. and they will also mention the whole dont shoot out side the restrictions of your property blah blah blah.

(talking from experience this has happened a few times)

i wouldn't do that because that then makes it seem a bit odd as no one really does that and they're likely to check you out then

Archived