over doing it

craig
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

ive been seeing at lot of airsofters that have went out of there why to buy some strange accessories

for example ive seen spiked flash hiders on m4's SA80's and uzi's and pistols with face smashers

ive seen sniper rifles with high powered scopes with a zoom of x40

and people with body armour with the inserts and plates

could some one tell me why do people go to such extreme's

• Supporters

Because they want to....

If they want a specific look or part then why not.

Some people want realistic loadouts etc so why not have plastic plates.

It's no different to spending money on a gun to make it exactly right to how an armed forces use it.

At the end of the day its up to the owner what's worth money or not

yeah but a pointed flash hinder

You'd stick a RIS, sight or foregrip onto your gun, or perhaps a different stock or pistol grip, so why not a flashider.

At the end of the day, all the stuff like RIS and foregrips and such are more for looks, you dont NEED them.

• Supporters

its like any hobby,

Take photography or fishing for example.

You get people who will buy a rod / camera for say £100, then people who will buy a rod / camera that costs thousands.

airsoft is and always will be a poser sport :P

Well my red dot was stolen from my actual gun ( i paid enough for it, i want to get real use from it) and forgrip is also from my AR-15 (broken atm needs to be sent to the gunsmith) and serves and actual purpose. its more comfortable to hold, i hate mag gripping, it also makes it easier to poke the thing round corners (gun cam :D)

right so you'll love this i was upgrading this girls ump 45 and she had on it a reversed reflex sight with mirrors on it so she could aim round the corner and get round blind firing

the bit i don't get is why do people have tourches for open air daytime games

yeah Tac lights in a woodland game is a bit pointless.

My corner shooter is a pin hole cam mounted on the front and a small screen on my arm. looking to incorporate it into a helmet

i could understand if there might be some builings be in purely forested areas......

• Supporters

Why the need to spend £30 on a flashhider?

because I spent £600 on the rest of the gun, the flash hider didn't seem 'right' without spikes.

Some guns deserve to look awesome, most people would agree my M16 is very awesome and aggressive looking and not a thing of magpul has ever touched it.

Why the big scope? I'm guilty again, the VSR is 4-16*50, because bigger is better. It suits the rifle.

why have a face smasher on a pistol? to save carrying a knife aswell?

there are reasons why everyone does everything, and in airsoft it is usually 'because it looks cool'

some people (*cough* Dave *cough*) just treat their guns like people and when its christmas they buy the gun stuff :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I'm very guilty of being an airsoft kit-hoarder.

Right now, I have everything I need to play:

AEG, with batteries and mags

SAAV, glasses, basic gloves

Clothes and boots

But, that doesn't mean I won't still build my ultra custom, completely down to the bloody charging handle M4. I'll also build my ultra realistic milsim kit (I mean everything from a command map kit, to rescue knife to grab mat and bail out bag). Why? Because I can.

I'm the same with photography. I have EVERYTHING. Fishing also. Any hobby I enjoy, I throw myself at it with the full power of my wallet.

I am a Milsim player, I hate playing my local site. Get people with highcaps just spray and pray. So what who am I to judge! If thats there way of playing so be it!

Personally, I like close up games, with a real mag cap. But they are so hard to find as everyone wants to play and just rinse people.

I buying a systema which is £1800 for everything (almost) :P why, its as close to a real working gun you can get. GBBR are crap in the uK due to the weather so there is no real point in them.

I have a full Multicam/MTP set with Warrior tan chest rig with all the works, so admin panel dump pouch (ok that airsoft but still) the lot! doesn't make me a better player I guess I look cool, in a way, only if your into that kinda thing. I'd look a lot better if I lost weight!

Anyways most people will pick out a character out of a film or look at a army guy and base there look around that. I'm going for a more A-Team load out, altho I just brought all my multicam.....

Anyways the hole point im trying to make is people will always try to look like there hero or how they see themselfs or other and normally they build a load out to there playing styles.

P.S Sorry for the really long posts tonight :P

• Supporters

No ra ebr then? :P

I play in a very similar way, play for the realism. Low caps for the most part, and choosing between a custom.gbbr or ptw

thats why I like airsoft, there's so much variety in it

Lol no, no Ra-tech EBR. In the UK it would just be such a pain to use... So Im more of a CQB guy anyways so light and low drag Systema PTW all the way. Thats if I'm allowed to get one that is. Sold my SA80 trying to sell my M4 might have a buyer for that. And my Punisher pistol too still up fro grabs.

Can't wait to get this A-team loadout going all I need is the systema trousers Foliage green jacket! oh and tan boots :P

Archived