Can the same BB's be re-used?

Guest sonicx
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest sonicx

Hi, stupid question. If i am doing some picking at targets in my back garden and have a strong net at the back that caches the bb's can they be reused? or will used bb's loose the polish and damage the gun?

Also is it 100% legal to shoot in my back garden despite what my next door say?

yeah you are allowed to sh*t in your garden. me and a mate had the problem before where we were shooting targets that were place against his back wall and the women behind his house called the police, sure enough armed police turn up and they said not illegal to shoot in our garden, but to insure that no pellets/BB's were to leave the confines of the garden and to insure proper caters were in place to prevent ricochets from bouncing out the garden and potentially hurting a house pet.

Guest sonicx

I dont want the armed police turning up, jeez, i wont take the risk i guess.

Da_sheriff

Juist curiois, what guns were you using and were they 2 tone. Could the women see the guns or just hear them? Also were they shooting at fully auto ?

Also, how many of the police turned up, flashing lights?

Rock-climby-Dave, Thanks mate.

Guest sonicx

yeah good idea.. but the people up and doen from me in the street are assholes anyway. They are always in and out of eachothers houses. i just dont want the cops turning up it will be so embarressing and talked about for months in my street lol People alreadyn think im doing something illegal anyway because of the cars we have, this would be the icing on the cake haha.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

This is a bit old now, but I can confirm the above.

As long as no pellets leave the boundaries of your property or in any way impact upon anyone who did not consent to being shot, you are 100% legal.

As long as they're not within view of any random passing cars etc, you should be fine. I've had plenty of dealings with the police and airsoft, including being detained very briefly under the Terrorism Act at a train station; ten minutes of straight up sweet talking and declaring my rights and the officers were promising to come airsofting at some point, I was released without trouble.

I wrote a guide to transporting airsoft guns a while ago HERE a lot of the advice about dealing with the police can, with some common sense be utilised in almost any airsoft situation where you may be confronted. If you have any more questions, or my response is a bit confusing (I've been up since 5am and do a very physical job, so a bit sleepy), please PM me and I'll get you up to speed properly :)

Archived