M4 DMR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have reached a desesion... I want to make my M4 (GR16) Into a DMR.

Now, Can some one (Marksman) Tell me what are the most important parts. I want to keep the costs below £100 ATM but later I will increase the budget (Christmas!) I know I will need a new hop-up and barrel. The FPS is fine at 344 for combat south so that is fine, The blue on my gun will be covered by scrim of something. I don't want a REALLY long gun.

Thanks!

Cam.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
King arms 250mm suppressor £25

Madbull Python 6.03 650mm length £40

Madbull blue rubber £15

job's easy to do, it's straight forwards what to do with those parts and I got phenominal performance from a JG S-System doing 300 with that sestup.

My Hop-Up is plastic though, I thought Metal Hop-ups produced the best proformace. Also How damn long will my M4 end up being? Can I Use a shorter barrel?

about 5cm longer than an M16 IIRC

plastic hop up's are fine, if it breaks, replace it. If not, dont worry.

yeah you can use a shorter barrel, but that is waht I used to great effect.

But going from M4 size to M16 with a massive silencer!

• Supporters

well, the fps is good, no need to get it higher :)

@Joshcoswin- I m fairly sure the gr16's barrel is longer than that, the inner is 357mm

I'd get a tghtbore- 6.03, prometheus or pdi are the best

Depending on if you want a silencer or not go for itand have the inner barrel through that, if not dont.

New hop rubber, guarder clear, madbull blue, prometheus purple are all good ones (i like guarder clear)

How far do you want to go with this? Because if u want to go further, a high torque motor and gearset would be good and a high voltage battery for trigger response

well, the fps is good, no need to get it higher :)

@Joshcoswin- I m fairly sure the gr16's barrel is longer than that, the inner is 357mm

Depending on if you want a silencer or not go for itand have the inner barrel through that, if not dont.

New hop rubber, guarder clear, madbull blue, prometheus purple are all good ones (i like guarder clear)

How far do you want to go with this? Because if u want to go further, a high torque motor and gearset would be good and a high voltage battery for trigger response

I just want good range and accuracy, The trigger responce is pretty good anyway.

Edit: Ok, I have: Madbull V.2 509mm, Madbull blue hop up. can Any one find a silencer that will go over it. Preferably on action hobbies

• Supporters

cool just do this bit then:

cool just do this bit then:

I had the see through GR16 and it already has a really good G&G cold resistant green hop up rubber in there

• Supporters

probably does, and I dont doubt it

but I also believe that you can probably improve on it too.

Unfortunately for me i have spent a lot of time with g&g m4's and Im sure you can get more range out of them with decent parts

probably does, and I dont doubt it

but I also believe that you can probably improve on it too.

Unfortunately for me i have spent a lot of time with g&g m4's and Im sure you can get more range out of them with decent parts

Yeah, I have recently sold my GR16 due to the number of problems like trigger contacts etc.

Still don't know what silencer I need :/

It wouldn't let me edit it :/

Right.. Net question: No place has any 363mm M4 barrels so would putting in a 300mm Python 6.03 make the range worse or make any differace?

• Supporters

Isn't the barrel already 247mm?

Archived