comms what to get

masadanator
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys

i've been looking to get some comms but im not sure what to get can you help

We use cheap and cheerful cobra ones, they are very small so fit into a 40mm grenade pouch with a hole made in the top for the aerial (although they do lack a bit of range and havnt tested them in urban environment)

I use the element single pin bowman headsets which do the job pretty well in my opinion, we used to use cheap throat mic's but they are god awful things in that you have to repeat yourself 5 times for the reciever to make out you simply said "yes" lol, so if you do go down throat mic route its worth spending money on good quality ones.

thing is i spent 100 on my throat mic, unless you go full blown and get MOD spec stuff, you're just going to get let down. so in all dont bother with them.

A simple mic that is comfortable to wear is advisable.

As for radios, i hear alot of people say good thing about cobra radios, mine suck. getting Motorola instead now.

thank for that i was thinking about a motarola talkabout with a bowman style head set

I've got Motorola t5's, if u go on Wednesday u can have a look.

thanks i should be going

i manly use an old clansman PPR but i keep a cheap 5 pound walkie on scan to listen in on the other team not fair to them but that's airsoft for you

A PRR headset will only work with the H4855 radio (2.4ghz sideband) system but it is commonly re wired to work with Motorolla / Kenwood or other 2 or 1 pin radios, either mod it yourself or get it moded, though you will need a connector and a pressel.

craig you use an OLD 349 SQUAD radio? hell I stopped using them when I was issued a 4855, which for airsoft use, acting as staff is rather useless.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry it took so long the PRC349 yeah old reliable (sometimes) but yeah they are old but it looks great

Archived