How you hold you aeg

Madball
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

seen alot of different styles around, the classic into your shoulder stance, the new square on thumb over the barrel stance and occasionaly the ex paintballer hold it just above your shoulder stance (nothing looks more ridiculas in my opinion)

What do you use and why. i got for the into the shoulder stance but tuck my elbows in to present myself as a smaller target and give myself more stability while firing on the move.

personaly i have my colapsible stock fully closed and use a magpul afg (angled for grip)

yeah was playing around with my mates afg on his cxp, they feel great, tho dont know what it would look like on a famas

i hold my SA80 the way i was taught

but because i broke the stock on my m4 I've been wielding it one handed like a man

Depends, normally stock all the way extended and hold magwell

Occasionaly I hold it in 'forward dynamic' with my fagpul afg- which is now gone

what have you done with ur afg

• Supporters

Shoulder stance with elbows tucked in, same as you.

And with sniper it's the same. Prone, I use the bi-pod, one hand on trigger, left hand on right shoulder and the stock rests on that diagonal arm. It's more comfy and stable.

Also aim with both eyes open.

My step-dad uses the paintballer aim, hate it. Makes him look so stupid. Although, I am really good at aiming like that, I prefer not to look ridiculous.

• Supporters

Elbows tucked in (mainly because i dont fancy doing the chicken dance if i get shot) and the thumb over the barrel is more i beleive for target shooting the real steel without raisng you profile to much but allowing for maximum control of the rifle either works really

• Supporters

shouldered PROPERLY like everyone else so far

hand that pulls the trigger is tucked, arm that supports is out wide, more strength to pull/push the weapon where I want it when I want it.

I grip my pistols properly too, not 'derptasticly' like the leprechaun does. IE. shooty hand properly with the supporting hand symetricalling it, not shooting hand properly with the supporting hand holding onto the mag looking like a moron.

• Supporters

yes but airsoft guns dont have any recoil

unless you have an ebb or gbbr

[/quote\]

Yea but if your rifle is heavy it will help from sapping you energy too fast as all i hear from people holding the darn things is its too heavy (that really pisses me off as i just wanna say look you ***** hold it like i showed you

• Supporters

I hold mine The Correct way ;) (weapon shouldered and on that foregrip)

How you hold a weapon is personnel preference and depends on the shooter, just annoy me when people have foregrips and hold the magwell as they say its only comfortable to hold the grip when running.

I grip my pistols properly too, not 'derptasticly' like the leprechaun does. IE. shooty hand properly with the supporting hand symetricalling it, not shooting hand properly with the supporting hand holding onto the mag looking like a moron.

Herp derp, i have to hold it like that cos the mags dont feed properly...

And i hold my gun in whatever way is the most comfortable and stable at the time (ie you cant hold the same gun stance when your running, or medicing etc)

only one that really bugs me is the one with the stock hovering above the shoulder, watch 3 guys do that at the mall while clearing a room. all dressed like us marines in brand new mulitcam and bump helmets. yeah their gear looked nice but they cleared a huge room one behind the other. you can tell a seasoned airsofter to a cod softer a mile off

yeah one shouts breaching breaching the other pops a grenade in

@Matt, I agree completely with the "I have a foregrip, but I think I'll hold the magwell instead". Just use the damn thing!

Anyway, right hand on the pistol grip, left hand on the handguard supporting the weight. Oh, and arms down by my hips, so I can run forwards and shoot like Rambo. Cos if it works in the movies, its gotta work in real life, right?

Actually, unless I'm firing from a static position and using the rear grip (left arm folded infront of the chest, hand firmly on the grip), I have it shouldered as SA80 types are meant to be ("the proper way"). Finger is always hovering above the safety bar, ready for the moment I actually need to go from 'boring' to 'shooty'. Will admit that for comfort or practical reasons my elbow moves around a fair bit, just because after 8 hours, 15lbs of steel can get a bit heavy.

Archived