Shortening Cylinder Head?

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Okay, today I got a new hop-up for my L96. Just finished fitting it, and have now realised that the bolt won't go all the way forward (it's literally 2mm off).

Inside the hop up, where the cylinder head enters is as wide as the cylinder head nozzle bit, but then it gets slightly smaller, which prevents the bolt locking forward.

I was wondering, could I cut 2mm off the end of the cylinder head (it's current about 15mm). Obviously I would cut it straight and not leave any odd bits sticking out.

But would this mess up the gun at all?

Kinda need fast replies as I want it sorted by Sunday and I'm at work all day tomorrow, gonna have to do it tomorrow night.

Thanks a lot!

• Supporters

I just did it, used a file and sanding block.

It worked, but now the base of the cylinder head is too large and hits the hop up.

I'll just order a new cylinder head that's compatible with the stock cylinder and this hop up, it's a lot easier that way!

• Supporters

Good point actually..

I'll mess about with this one a bit more, just for the fun of it!

Done it. I sat here for hours filing down the nozzle and base of the cylinder head, and now it fits and the bolt locks into place.

One thing left to do; try it.

Archived