Need help with making a DMR

skillfulmmd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guy's, I plan to make my ACR into a DMR as it has such great range and accuracy I decided that when I played at CSW it would be a great asset, the main problems I seem to be having is finding a longer barrel for it and a sniper stock for it.

What I would like to know is can I get a longer barrel than the 14" barrel I have in my UK spec Masada ACR or is that it?

And Would the SPR stock or the UBR stock fit on the ACR or is it only compatible with most M4/M16 models.

Oh and what optics system do you think would be the best for my DMR, I have 3-9x50 scope that I could use but that may be a bit too much.

Thanks in advance

Mark

• Supporters

For a longer barrel, there's always the option of adding a silencer if you have a threaded outer barrel.

I know nothing about ACRs so can't help with the stock.

And a 3-9x50 should be okay, if not, then get an ACOG.

I was going to add a silencer but I wanted to see if you can get an 18" barrel first than get a tracer unit/silencer type system set up.

And any good suggestions for ACOG's?

• Supporters

The acr spr parts aren't out yet, judging by magpul releases, is say they won't be out till November earliest.

As for stocks, UBR and prs won't fit only the Masada ones will, ( the original solid stock and the folding collapsible one)

So looks like waiting is the only option ;)

As for optics, I find proper scones are a hinderence, I much prefer acog's, magnified aimpoint/eotech's.

Elcan spectre Dr's look great too.

So Magpul only make good stock for other guns not their own wtf?

So i guess ill keep the base stock for now and wait it out, is there anything else I could do to make the gun a nicer DMR?

• Supporters

Well they made those stocks way before thhe acr, but there is always the aftermarket stock for the Masada, the collapsible one.

Short PMAGs maybe, a bipod if you really want, though I find they go unused

• Supporters

What he said, shorter mags, bi-pod. I use mine all the time, much easier to use rather than balancing my 5kg gun on one arm while I prone..

i was thinking about a Bipod but I'm not to sure, I was thinking of getting the Magpul PTS AFG but I didn't think that would be a good choice of grip considering my choice of loadout. Any decent Bi-pods any of you guys would recommend.

Personally I think the Harris style bipods look awesome, but they might look a bit funny on a Masada. Then again a nice simple paint job, basic snakeskin for example, could help to make it look a bit more sexy. Just my opinion of course. What you could do is use Pimp my gun to plan it all out :D

as marksman556 said the s.p.r. (special perpose rifle) parts will be realesed later this year witch is basically a spr magpul stock with a masada connecter and a 20.5 inch barrel

and you could use a grip pod

Wrong,

It's a prs stock with 18'' barrel :P

Actually, tbh I can't see them coming out thus year, magpul is so slow at releasing stuff, I expect it to come next year

actually that is what there calling the stock s.p.r

Archived