Why do you Airsoft?

M.T.A.A
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys!

Here is one for you, Why do you airsoft?

What is about it that you like?

What's good about it? What's bad?

What made you think 'Yeah, I wanna do this.'?

Well I need a realistic looking gun so I can rob banks and post offices easily, and airsoft was the easiest way to get one...

I just wanna shoot people but teh armeee was all like "nooooo fool! You got the wrong mindset!" So airsoft is the next best thing

Errr....uuhm :huh:

In all seriousness, its a bit difficult to explain. But, I'll try:

Fun. The biggest factor. Why do you do your other hobbies? Usually, fun has something to do with it. And, you're usually with your mates.

I like gaming. I like movies. I like history. Airsoft allows me to sort of combine the 3 and have so much fun. Its like I'm in my own action film. Usually without the girls, huge fireball explosions, helicopters, giant dictator-like moustaches and blackjack, but I'm working on that. It just has that really fun thing going.

A good game of (non MilSim) airsoft can make you laugh for one reason or another. Again, you're with your mates.

Exercise. I'm moving around a lot in game, with a heavy load. Outside of games, I'm doing things to try and stay in (vague...) shape. (Round is a shape, right?!)

The replicas. I have an interest in weaponry (all types), but this seemed the most practical way to handle them on a frequent basis. I've said it before, but I've liked the L86 since I first saw it, when I was 6. This allows me to own one (without airsoft, I'd have to have £8,500 spare to buy a de-activated LSW, something I really can't afford).

What don't I like? The 'trollerz'. People who go around site-to-site just to peeve people off, acting like richard-heads, bending or downright breaking the rules, buying guns with insane ROFs and putting auto-winding hicaps on.

The cost. Seeing as how you can buy a real, deactivated AK47 for roughly £90, it seems a bit silly to buy what is effectively a toy gun for £200+...

I'll add more when/if I can think of them or remember.

Hi guys!

Here is one for you, Why do you airsoft?

What is about it that you like?

What's good about it? What's bad?

What made you think 'Yeah, I wanna do this.'?

Being with freinds and having fun! I used to trust people who I traded with but after the guy I get the Desert Eagle who tryed to pull the wool over my eyes, I am a bit more careful.

• Supporters

Because I always wanted to play airsoft as a kid.

I've wanted to play for as long as I remember, I don't remember a time I didn't want to play.

Good? Guns, gear, fun.

Bad? Not much.... cheaters I suppose...

anger management, lol

basically what hubert said. and also fun exercise with adrenaline release.

Seeing as how you can buy a real, deactivated AK47 for roughly £90, it seems a bit silly to buy what is effectively a toy gun for £200+...

In some countrys such as africa, iraq and over 3rd world or war torn countrys you can get a fully fuctional one for around a fiver :P

The reason I started airsoft was that I always have and will enjoy shooting... whether it be airsoft, air guns, hunting guns (rifles and shotguns), laser tag etc. and airsoft was one to combine realism and safety... as I would presume shooting someone with a real gun or airgun can end in a hospital or police station...

Things I like:

Gunzzzz, AFUK, good exercise, the adrenalin, playing with freinds... something to boast about at school... no matter how many people that go home and then sit on xbox til midnight every day tell me its sad... and just about everything else

Things I don't like:

CODsofters, people stealing things like gas and grenades... CHEATERS - read my 'disrespectful players' thread for my most recent and most p*sstaking story yet :P

• Supporters

Why I play. Hugh said....

tbh, Hugh has hit the nail on the head when it comes to why most people play.

It's a great time. Nothing else matters when you are playing. The end of the world could be the next day, and it wouldn't matter at all, as long as you get that guy over there with something spherical currently in your magwell.

also, gunzzz herr jherr herr

what about the fun of causing pain to under 18's without the police turning

because its bassicaly the childhood thing of playing soldiers now im an adult, lets face it we are all grown men running around dressed like soldiers with toy guns shooting each other spending stupid amounts of money buying pimp kit, and i love it. best game in the world. you take out 5 players in a row after spending 15 minutes doing sneaky beaky round a building them catching the enemy with their pants down and going down in a blaze of glory when they say "where the f*ck did you come from?" then getting shot by 7 aeg's on full auto and making some stupid gurgling comment like "tell mama i loved her and dont let my girlfriend keep the cat!" all after shouting "HIT!" of course. i do it for momments like these. plus you make alot of friends playing airsoft, you see other peoples loadouts and gats and admire them, then of course you get cheaters which potentialy ruin some games but i supose you get that.

Just so you can have the satisfaction of shooting someone: AKA-rentals haha

i agree there's nothing more satisfying

except when you get shot...

In the face :(

naa doesn't bother me its all part of the fun

you're not an airsofter unless you've been shot

yeah, i get that.. but there are places i'd rather get shot :P

fair enough if i get hit in the face.. it happens.

thats how you've gotta look at it yea it might sting for a few seconds but it goes after

Archived