Night games

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

My site have recently started doing night games from midnight to 4am on Tuesday nights.

Personally, I can't see it working all that well. Largely because who can do that, at that time on a Tuesday? But I do think they sound pretty fun.

I'm thinking though, my site is literally just a giant wood, it's very dense, full of trenches and fox holes and general other kill-you-in-the-dark type hazards and I can't see there being any moonlight because of all the trees and there's no street lights or other lighting anywhere on the whole site, torches will get you shot and decent NVGs cost around £300...

Plus, how are you meant to see where your shots are going? I wouldn't even be able to see my sights, let alone the shots.

Has anyone been to any night games in big open areas? Are they as good as you'd hoped, or a let down?

• Supporters

I'd completely forgotten about lasers for some reason.

I'd like to get a torch handguard for my MP5 but where ever they're sold it just shows the item on its own, never attached to an MP5 and the torch always looks miles too big.

I bet indoor night games are fun, I've never been to an indoor site either. Gonna have to check out The Stan once I have a few more mags for my MP5.

• Supporters

I've been to a night game at Urban Assault before, was great fun. Didn't have a proper gun torch, so just use my bike light, so cable ties and electrical tape. Worked better than most people's torches anyway.

Didn't use the torch too much, just a quick flash to see what's ahead and as a diversion (I shine it from one position (while hiding behind cover) while my mate fires from another position), which works extremely well :)

Was really good fun, wanna go again but my step-dad hated it so I can't get there :( lol

• Supporters

I really need to pass my damn driving test and get out to a few more sites.

I'd love to find a site where there's a sort of building complex and woodland combo, but the only buildings at my site are wooden hut type things and apart from 1 they're all single story, plus you can only get to them on the "Village" game, the other games are all in buildingless woodland with trenches.

I was watching Top Gear the other day and Clarkson drove two cars through an Army training facility and got shot at by a bunch of dudes with L85A2s.

Airsofting in that place would be the most badass thing ever lol.

• Supporters

Urban Assault's awesome site, it's an old RAF base, problem is it gets kinda boring and quite a few cheaters there.. although a few shots in the neck soon sort those out :)

I have been to tons of night games and I still don't have a decent torch for my rifle. We normally have 1 night game every month when the moon is at its fullest. You can see just fine. Also there are multiple people with night vision and IR scopes but that just makes it more fun.

P.S. Don't use lasers. Its easier for the target to see you than it is for you to see the dot on the target.

P.S. Don't use lasers. Its easier for the target to see you than it is for you to see the dot on the target.

Whilst Dave, Lep and I have only done 1 nightfight, I second this. It was out in the open countryside, the moon was the only source of light on a cloudy winter night. To be honest, I wouldn't use torches unless absolutely necessary, as soon as anything that emmits light was turned on, everyone would send a minuature hailstorm of BBs towards the light. Your eyes become accustomed to the dark pretty quickly.

However seeing as how you'll be in a wood... I'd take a light. I would take getting spotted and shot over falling into a ditch that I couldn't see and breaking my leg.

Trick from Blitz, on how to use a light in the dark without giving your position away too much: put very thin black paper over your light. It dims it down a fair bit so that your position isn't given away too much (then again, you can't see much either, but swings and aroundabouts eh!)

Urban Assault's awesome site, it's an old RAF base, problem is it gets kinda boring and quite a few cheaters there.. although a few shots in the neck soon sort those out :)

Hey, are you talking about the one in N.I - dundonald?

• Supporters

Nope, the one near Peterborough, in England :P

i've been to a few CSW night games and i think they can be better than the woodland days

night matches and glow in the dark bb's they light up the night

Hey, are you talking about the one in N.I - dundonald?

that toy soldiers airsoft right

He means when its actually dark ;)

i know but somtimes it is dark

Hardly lol, gets a bit around nine but still easily playable

i know but it still beats weekenders mainly because you don't bake to death due to the heat

Archived