How to mod an AGM XM8

Nutster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

If any of you have used an AGM XM8 you will know that the stock 'sight' is shite to be honest, so here is my quick guide on how to put a decent red dot into your version of the AGM XM8.

First of all you need to find a red dot that you think will fit i got this one off eBay for around £20

S7300487.jpg

Then you need to remove the the standard sight from the gun, to do this you need to carefully take the body pins from the front and back of the gun and then slide off the front hand guard and stock

S7304031.jpg

S7304032.jpg

once you have done this you should have something that looks like this, you then need to remove this pin (circled)

S7304033.jpg

S7304034.jpg

now the upper receiver should pull up and towards the stock end of the gun and you should be left with this

S7304035.jpg

S7304028.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Next you need to unscrew this screw (circled)

S7304038.jpg

which will allow you to separate the two sides of the upper receiver

like so

S7304039.jpg

S7304040.jpg

then you slide the carry handle down from the 'scope'

S7304041.jpg

you should now have this bit

S7300481.jpg

• 1 year later...

check this badboy out... its a one of a kind XM8 LMG

it started life as the old AWS xm8 kit for a g36, added the g36 doner insides... pimped gearbox, lipo batteries...

gutted the lame optics and added a 4x16 M16 carry handle scope ...

added side and bottom rails, VLTOR legs , psg1 tightened barrel and barrel extension with flashider

and finished with a paintjob by me.

XM8lmg.jpg

• 3 months later...
check this badboy out... its a one of a kind XM8 LMG

it started life as the old AWS xm8 kit for a g36, added the g36 doner insides... pimped gearbox, lipo batteries...

gutted the lame optics and added a 4x16 M16 carry handle scope ...

added side and bottom rails, VLTOR legs , psg1 tightened barrel and barrel extension with flashider

and finished with a paintjob by me.

XM8lmg.jpg

That is SICK !!!

Archived