Glock 17 BB's Veering to the left, Help !

jay200
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

my glock 17 veers to the left. when shooting a target in my garden 30 yards away there is just a slight veer. But out in the field its another matter it veers way off, like i can shoot round corners lol. Ive gave it a good clean inside the barrel. Still with no luck. Anybody got any ideas what this problem could be ??

• AF-UK Founding Member

Well firstly just to ask the basic questions, stupid as they may seem.. What BB's are you using? Was it at all windy?

Edit: I deleted your other topic, there's no need for 2. Cheers.

• Supporters

Are the BBs any good, and was it windy?

If it's a cheap make, then it could be the same as with my sniper.

The problem is the cutting in the barrel (where the hop is applied to the BB) is not aligned with the grooves cut for it to fit into the hop-up. So this puts uneven spin on the BB (left & back spin), causing it to veer off to the left a lot.

Not sure on the design of pistol barrels though (haven't taken mine apart yet), so this may be completely irrelevant.

I've been mainly using o.25 even try some 0.30. Veers a little less but it still does it . It's only 2 months old been a problem from the start. I don't think its the wind as it only ever does it to the left

I've been mainly using o.25 even try some 0.30. Veers a little less but it still does it . It's only 2 months old been a problem from the start. I don't think its the wind as it only ever does it to the left

• Supporters

Have you had a look at the inner barrel?

1: The barrel is not in straight, so the hop nub is applying to much spin to one side. Remove outer casing and turn the barrel very slightly right. If that does not work, turn it slightly further left :)

2: Hop nub is not in correctly. Again remove body of gun and try to look down barrel with the hop off, wind it on and see if you can see the hop press down evenly, if it does not then you need to move it slightly

3: Stance. You may be firing it slightly off vertical. Daft as it may sound but firing any AEG/GBB at anything not vertical will again put spin slightly off. Really have a look at your arm and the gun alignment when firing it, or even better put it in a vice with a spirit level, then try firing it. (Its fun to try in the field as you can vary the swing with angle)

Archived