Anyone think Mw3 should have airsoft mode?

ElSlothez
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Not getting MW3, gonna do the much better option and get BF3 :)

and in response to the topic, not really..

Someone made a mod for BF2 so it was airsoft.

Whilst an interesting idea, and they had put some effort into it (changing tracers to look like white BBs, sounds changed to airsoft gun sounds they had recorded from the actual airsoft gun), there were some major drawbacks:

1)It still used real-caps and RS rofs.

2)The death animations were not changed or replaced. Suddenly you'd seen an entire chinese infantry squad get it by fire from an airsoft M249 - and all collapse to the floor screaming.

3)Vehicles were not changed at all. So whilst the USMC infantry were shooting at the MEC with classic army M4s shooting 0.2g rounds, the MEC's T-90 MBT was shooting back with live ammunition...

So no. Not really. Unless it's done really well, it won't work. Or make sense. And to be honest, I don't see any gamers - even if they're really, really, reeeeally hardcore airsofters - even bothering to join the game.

Funnily enough i have spent hours trying to find an airsoft video game... like you get paintball ones... but i think it should be a dedicated game... with real airsoft guns with all the upgrades with different game tiers... i.e standard, zombie, mil-sim etc... with all the different types of mags and BB's etc. would be darn right fun :P but i doupt it will ever happen :( atleast not any time soon

Im sorry but isnt the point of airsoft to get out and play? and NOT to play video games......?

In ways yes... but isn't it the same for paintball? and also what if you have got home from school and want to play airsoft? theres only so much fun you can have shooting BB's down the garden before you get bored, you run out of BB's or the neighbour complains... think about it... a game which allows you to play normal days with themed events and mil-sims, just like i said above... multiplayer and you could start of with say £100 so you have to use rental stuff until you make the money to get your own gun and gear, i.e you could get a viper fixed vest... that could have stats such as quite heavy and a slow reload speed etc etc... whilst belt rigs can have medium reload speeds but light weight etc. etc.

• Supporters

Let's be serious, no one would buy it- why would you.

we play airsoft because its as close as you can get to the real thing. Why not play battlefield or something that'll be more realistic

But cod and battlefield you can't upgrade guns.

Airsoft game, a mini game where you open a gun and fit a new spring, gearbox etc

Black ops charges you £2000 for a red dot or £2000 for a gun but £1000 for akimbo.

• Supporters

Yes but let's be serious, look at how popular cod and bf are. SA game based on airsoft wouldn't scratch the surface. A few people would buy it but I still can't see why it'd be worth having over bf or cod

Why would you want to change a spring I'ma game, its enough hassle in real life

Like I said, I don't understand why.

If you do it simply, it'll just be a weird version of your average FPS, minus the actual killing.

If you do it 'properly' and make it as realistic to airsoft as possible in a game, you're severely reduce the audience. To about 3 very hardcore airsofters. And I hate to tell you this, but for the cost of making the average game (heck, even simple indie games cost upwards of £50K to make), 3 people spending £40-60 on a game isn't going to be successful.

BatHat, your idea sounds oddly similar to two things currently on the market.

They're called Rainbow Six:Vegas Two and Call of Duty: Black Ops

Marksman556, I know why. You could do spring changes in game for the same reason as people in real airsoft. To cheat in game to have a far higher FPS.

I can't see it working as a proper game. And anyway. They'd if they did make one.. They'd charge you like.. 40 quid for it when it came out.. It would actually be cheaper to go airsofting legitimately at my local site.

Archived