Amy Winehouse

Cyrax
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Serves her right

93 people died in Norway and countless people in Afghanistan and such places, no one cares but when one fugly drug addict dies its the worst thing ever, she brought it upon herself.

RIP to all those who were killed in Norway.

Serves her right

93 people died in Norway and countless people in Afghanistan and such places, no one cares but when one fugly drug addict dies its the worst thing ever, she brought it upon herself.

Best thing i have heard in a long time mate.

• Supporters
Serves her right

+1

Sickipedia is lots of fun. took me a few hours before i could even get on the site when the death was first announced, and i am one of those people who couldnt care less about amy's death, People die every day you cant care for every one of them, so dont bother pretending to care.

Besides, i dont know bout you guys but ive already started turning her into targets. zombies and nazis was getting old

• Supporters

I don't like how her death instantly make ME a bad person, same with Jade Goody's death a year or 2 ago.

I never liked either, always said that Amy would die young, infact, I have said on several occasions that she WOULD join the 27 club.... an now look.

the same goes for Jade, I never liked her, then rather than just dying, she got cancer, and whilst everyone else chanegd their opinion of her overnight, I didn't, which made me a bad person in their eyes.

If someone contributes to society and sets a good example, then fine, mourn that person, I know it will be a bad day when steven Hawking pops his clogs. Some people will take my role then of making sick jokes or whatever, and that is fine, They have the right to make jokes/not care and not be a bad person at the end of the day like I can with this.

• Supporters

Glad we're all on the same page, its a good job no one cares.

Druggies die everyday, why should she be any different?

I wouldnt wish death on anyone (except that bastard in Norway) but that doesn't mean I care, dumb bitch was warned.

News of Amy Winehouse's death travelled with such speed. When I heard I couldn't help but crack up with emotion. She was a real heroin. It's such a blow. She really made a hash of things though. Her life just went to pot. Someone should have kept tabs on her....

Without trying to sound horrible. But i'm glad she's dead. Her music was awful and her face was worse :') I agree with marksman. All those people that died in Norway, they are the ones that should Rest in Peace. Not Amy Crackhouse.

Whilst her death is sad, it wasn't a surprise. Hell, it was kind of expected.

Should she get more media attention that the 70-92 of Norway? (I'm sorry, I've heard so many figures in the past days, Beeb reported 78 yesterday) No. Absolutely not. Never. No chance Lance, no way Hozé and my personal favourite, man falling off a cliff, "nooooooooooooooooooooooo... *thud*"

Did she get more attention than those who were murdered? Well, unless you get all your news from NME, Karang, MTV or other music based media, no, she did not have more attention.

I'm not a music snob, I happened to like some of her stuff.

Did I like her as a person? Well, that would be like me commenting on whether I like the Pope, Joe Strummer, Eric Pickles or Saddam - I don't know any of them personally, and only know what's reported in the media or on the web. (FYI, Joe Strummer is the only person in the list I care about, for his music, what he did for politics and the environment) But, from all of the drugs and in and out of rehab, she wasted her talent, and more importantly her life. Which in my mind makes her utterly stupid.

But the fact is, and I'm sure I've said this on the forum before (or atleast with members of it), the way the media works is based on society. And as it is, our society is predominantly filled with moronic simpletons, with the IQ of a table - and as such, the media reports banal and trivial crap, and ignores the important and significant stories (like soldiers killed for their country, or people standing up for what they believe in). I think we should just be glad that the media hasn't turned this into another Jade Goody. Dear god, 'famous for being famous', that saga really revealed how far gone and decrepid our society is. At least Amy Winehouse had some talent, music. Jade Goody? God, people fawning over someone who thought East Anglia (sorry, "Eeest Angrwiar") was a "cunry".

I feel sorry for her family who had to put up with this, and finally suffer her loss at 27.

But not as much as I feel for the people of Norway, or those service personel in Afghanistan and their families.

A mate of mine posted this on facebook (he's an airsofter).

Everyone knows Amy Winehouse died. But Who is Justin Allen 23, Brett Linley 29, Matthew Weikert 29, Justus Bartett 27, Dave Santos 21, Jesse Reed 26, Matthew Johnson 21, Zachary Fisher 24, Brandon King 23, Christophe r Goeke 23, and Sheldon Tate 27? They are Soldiers that gave their lives this week… for you. There is no media for them - not even a mention of their names.

I have to say I agree

Archived