Loadout Advice!

M.T.A.A
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys!

Since i'm kinda new to airsoft, I was hoping you could give some advice on what sort of loadout I'd need for my first few skirmishes.

Don't worry about the weapon side of it, That's getting sorted :D

I just wanna Know what Sort Of Equipment i'd need To get Going?

Thanks!

Basically:

Boots

Decent eye/face protection

comfy darkish clothes

thats it, don't worry about anything else till you have been a few times.

Then you can decide what you want to do, go cheap and cheerful with some army surplus DPM/Flecktarn, or Gucci with a full loadout from top end manufacturers that you pay an arm and a leg for. Airsoft is what you make it, but above all it should be FUN!

Groovy!

I have all those already :)

Some people that i have spoken to have also said that a secondary weapon would be essential?

Is this true? Will i actually need one?

I doubt it for now, but will I?

• AF-UK Founding Member

I wouldn't describe it as essential. As long as you keep an eye on how much you've got left and don't run into action with a near empty mag etc. you'll be fine.

TBh the only time I have seen people use a secondary is in the bit between games when they should be listning to the briefing!

or back to respawn cus they fought they could kill the 4 guys with rifles alone with there sidearm...

I would say

Eye protection

gun (obviously)

Boots (or decent trainers if your playing indoors on VERY flat ground)

Darkish clothes or camo (i reccomend DPM, less than a tenner, really good in the UK)

My advice:

What the others have said basically. When you get a bit more experiance get yourself some decent load carrying kit, it's much better than keeping all your stuff in pockets. You can go cheap or expensive.

As for the sidearm it's not nessassary when you first start. Your're better off spending the money on spare mags :)

Or a belt rig would be quite good... you can get a MOLLE belt or you can just use a normal belt with MOLLE pouches... a belt a double mag pouch and perhaps a utility pouch shouldnt cost you any more than £30-35 if you are getting brands such as Bulle and Viper (Both very good entrance level brands... not the best but they sure are good...

Heres some links:

Decent Belt - http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/dpwwb1ux.html

MOLLE Belt - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=110574269427

Double Mag pouch (one over the other) - http://flecktarn.co.uk/ustmp3nx.html

Double Mag pouch (side by side) - http://flecktarn.co.uk/ustmg2nx.html

Utility Pouch - http://flecktarn.co.uk/ustut7nx.html

Flecktarn is a great website for gear... some people may disagree but I personally think Bulle are one of the best brands out there, there cheap, high quality, and reliable... Airsoft International (The big airsoft magazine) often praises them (and flecktarn) On the other hand Viper is good and cheap, used my security guards as well as airsofters...

Bat Hat, while i appreciated every single thing you have suggested (And they're tip top suggestions), I am gonna have to agree with Marksman.

However i'm sure in the future when i have a little more experience, they do look like good things to invest in :) So thanks :) Even if they aren't important now, They will be in the future!

• Supporters
or back to respawn cus they thought they could kill the 4 guys with rifles alone with their sidearm...

Some people might not be able to, But I can.

and regularly do.

for the first few games, try and see if people will let you have a feel of different rigs/guns etc to see what you like, weather there are certain things you like or dislike about certain setups, then taylor a MOLLE rig to suit YOU.

okay, When i go to an Airsoft site, What sort of games styles would they play? I imagine, depending on the game, your loadout may need to differ?

okay, When i go to an Airsoft site, What sort of games styles would they play? I imagine, depending on the game, your loadout may need to differ?

At times, you may decide to take off parts of your gear. I know that sometimes Joe (The Leprechaun) removes his webbing and rig, for comfort - but I've only ever seen him do that when he's had to play static and hug the ground for very long periods of time.

Whenever I have to play sneaky which luckily is a very rare occurance (I'm usually forced into it), I might ditch part of my kit - as my loadout isn't really suited to sneaking around. I have on a few occasions left the LSW and chest-rig somewhere safe (either the safezone, or with team-mates holding a position) and then gone out with my sidearm and an extra mag. Alternatively, and for practical reasons, I might take my LSW, 1 magazine and leave my rig and sidearm behind.

You build your kit up based on what how you play and what you need. Your loadout helps maximise what you can do in a game. It's unlikely that you'll have to change your loadout due to the game - but it can happen, you may find something isn't suitable for that game.

In my humble opinion, I wouldn't wear something that I consider uncomfortable or impractical for extended periods of time.

All my gear (bar my holster, but that's not really a necessity) is comfortable to wear, and reasonably easy to move in/sling weapons from. It's not particularly expensive (A Molle plate carrier from china and 5 Bulle M14 mag pouches, 1 admin panel with pistol mag pouch and a small utility pouch) and I use a webtex camelback. It's reasonably carefully picked, and if I don't think it'll be confortable wearing it for the whole day I don't use it.

Last skirmish, I even wanted to wear it home but PC's and camelbacks make riding in cars awkward work.

• Supporters

As far as ditching kit midgame goes, my loadout is designed around my modularity, I can go from my primary with gear on and pistol holstered to pistol in 1 hand, spare mag in the other and all my other kit on the floor around me in about 5 seconds.

Or I can go from VSR to shotty and ditch the pistol in about 3.

It's all down to how you want it set up really, I have my rig how I want it, other people have their rig how they want it but need a mate to help them get in and out of it. Either is fine and we can't really tell you what is right/wrong for you to use.

Archived