PDI Hop Up Chamber

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I've been looking for one for a long time now, and I know Fire-Support sell them. Four weeks ago, they told me they'd have them in stock in 10 days. So, I was expecting to have one for a skirmish at Melton this Sunday, but Fire-Support still don't have them in stock!

Does anyone know a UK retailer who has the PDI Type 96 Hop Up in stock for next day delivery?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

• Supporters

I'll ask Fire-Support again, I know I won't have it for Sunday though :(

If I order from X-Fire, it'll be £50 (inc delivery).

I was wondering about customs charges, and got this from HM Revenue & Customs website here

"If you order or send purchased goods other than alcohol, tobacco, perfume and toilet water from a country outside the EU then you:

- don't have to pay Excise Duty

- may have to pay Customs Duty on goods with a value that exceeds £135

- will have to pay Import VAT on goods with a value that exceeds £18"

My total order value (inc delivery) from X-Fire is £50. So that means I would just add 20% for VAT, nothing extra, right?

And in an email from X-Fire, they said something about putting the price (exc delivery) on the packaging (so this would be £40) so there are lower charges. Does that mean, if I ask them to do that, then the VAT will be on £40 rather than £50?

Thanks.

If they label it as a toy, worth less than £18 which they often do, you won't have to pay anything unless it's stopped by customs. In which case Parcelforce will most likely pick it up for you and charge you their extortionate fee, on top of the customs fee.

You don't have to pay Parcelforce's fee, because you didn't enter a contract with them and they can't hold your package by law, just remind them of that when you go to pick up your package and pay the customs fee (which you do have to pay)

I believe there's a seller on Zero In who has a PDI unit for sale, not sure if he's sold it or not yet.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=122012

He doesn't advertise it as a PDI, but I'm sure it is one. It's either that or the Aero unit, either way it's still better than the stock chamber. But best to ask to make sure.

• Supporters

It's not a PDI one, but is simply a brass version of the original, with metal levers and air seals and it takes AEG barrels.

Been talking to some people at MAW today and I'm going to get one of these and a tight bore from Action Hobbies. Beats spending ~£60 on a hop up.

Thanks a lot :)

Archived