massive problem

craig
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

right so ive just installed a new spring into my tm m4 ris and ive put it back together and its not working i think it's the motor as it spins grand out side the grip but not when its inside can some one please help as i need it ready before friday so please help

• Supporters

Ok well on the bottom of the pistol grip there will be a large flat head grub screw, don't do it all the way up, loosen it till it works.

Yea dev, if its too tight the motor won't turn at all

its still not working now this is really starting to piss me off

what about the anti reversal thing would that lock the gears and the motor in place?

• Supporters

Is it doing anything or making any sound at all?

My M4 had similar problem to this, I took it apart to fix the mag release, motor span fine out the gun, but once back together, it did nothing, just clicked when I pulled the trigger..

• Supporters

It was my batteries causing the problem. No idea how. I tried different ones, works fine now.

yeah its not the batteries now since i put i back to the way it was you can hear the motor spinning but thats it

• AF-UK Founding Member

Sounds like you need to tighten the motor height adjustment screw. Previously we said to loosen it because you couldn't hear it inside the gun so you've gone too far by the sounds of it.

i didnt adjust yet i just put it back together for the twentieth time since 9 this morning thanks for every ones advice im planing to take it to my site tomorrow and see if they can fix it because ive gave up and im away for a smoke or fifty :angry:

thanks

• 2 months later...
i didnt adjust yet i just put it back together for the twentieth time since 9 this morning thanks for every ones advice im planing to take it to my site tomorrow and see if they can fix it because ive gave up and im away for a smoke or fifty :angry:

thanks

1. Maybe the gears are too tight inside (lock up). Have you touched/removed & replaced the shims? Maybe a shimming problem.

2. Have you reconnected the wiring terminal correctly in the motor terminal (positive wire should be on the Red motor terminal and negative on the other). The motor will still spin if the wiring is reversed outside the pistol grip but won't spin your gears if its inside.

ooops.... just realised i made a necropost :D

Archived