Help Picking a Gun?

M.T.A.A
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

New to Airsoft and AF-UK.

Hoping i'm in the right Forum here, I was wondering if anyone would help me find a Decent Beginner Weapon?

I've fired both Assault and Snipers, And i felt most Comfortable with a Sniper, However i really Wouldn't be fussed.

My budget Would be at a push 120 - 130 pound.

Thanks,

Dan.

• AF-UK Founding Member

You'll find a variety of things on novatcombat.com in your budget as well. There is a JG MP5 for £105 on there still.

Welcome to the forums :)

Thanks for the advice!

i didn't realise a decent Sniper Would Set me back THAT much!

Will take your advice and get an AEG i think :)

Besides, i can't afford that! aha!

I had this gun in my sights, http://www.novatcombat.com/product_detail.php?id=249

What do you think for a Starting off Point?

Thanks

• Supporters

Personally, I hate MP5s, only time I ever liked them was on CoD4 (how sad :P). I used one my first airsoft game, I found I was constantly re-filling the mag and constantly winding the wheel on the bottom, and it had poor accuracy. But it depends on your play style and local site, if it's CBQ, then I suppose an MP5 would be suited for it!

I got an M4 as my first gun. I know they're extremely common and almost everyone has one.. but they're good all round guns, and they're suitable for lnog and short rangest, tend to have 330 or 450 round mag. Also, spare parts are easy to get hold of if you want to upgrade in the future or if anything goes wrong..

Saying that, my brother recently got a JG G36C for £150 including delivery from Xsite Airsoft. They lowered the FPS to 328+/- for free and gave us 3000 BBs (not sure on the quality of them) so it's quite a good deal really. It shoots nicely, has a good sized mag (470 rounds) with it. Comes with a battery and charger, so is a good starter gun.

Nice one mate!

Thanks for the Advice!

At least On Here I'm being Taken Seriously!

Much Appreciated!

Dan

And I was Looking into the M4 style.

I just Can't seem to find One That Is In My Price range.

You got any suggestions?

And I suppose for Now i couldn't complain with an MP5 style considering i'm starting out right?

I guess over time I'll adapt and find what's right for me :)

• Supporters

Few G&G M4s on Zero One under £140. But they don't come with a battery or anything, so that'd be needed.

G&G are good make, the plastic bodied ones are good for starters.

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=5645

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=6076

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=5774

Top one has battery in fore grip, others in the stock, same as mine. I had problems with crane stock batteries (the wires kept getting ruined as I adjusted stock), so now I cable tie battery to the stock outside. At least it's easier to change mid-battle if needed :).

Make sure you look at reviews of the brand and the gun before you buy one :)

• Supporters

It's not the 170-200 rounds in the MP5 mag. It's the small amount it fires before it needs re-winding that annoys me with them, and the small hole at the top to fill them with :P

I know it doesn't, but when you have a bad experience with a gun, being the first one you ever use on your first game, you tend to not like it much. I swapped out half way through the day for a G3, and I had much more fun with it, being a bigger gun etc :P

I do concede, the M4 variants are much nicer looking than the Mp5's, However i guess Airsoft isn't about How you look.

Also, With me Not Being a Registered "Skirmisher" as The Website you Suggested says, I Imagine i'd have to get the Gun Sprayed, So Two Toned?

I'll Keep Searching But I think I'd Want one That Came With a Battery and What not.

But Thanks Alot For your Suggestions and Advice so far Guys! It's Helping Alot :)

Other option and one I took was to go 2nd hand off the for sale forums to nab an M4. Very nice it is too and being 2nd hand it came with batts, etc which saved a bit although I already had the odd gun I wanted an M4 to skirmish with. Obviously 2nd hand has more risk attached and you have to consider UKARA rules, but its another option.

On gun shape I love the M4 (mine is an ICS with extending stock). Fits my shoulder like a glove fully extended and drops to fit my daughter as well. Using the open sight it is great for put fire down where I need it and came with 2 hi caps which keep me going. Although I am looking for some mid caps to switch to, as well as a mosfet, laser / batt box, silencer, sling, grenade launcher and couple of rails tp mount them on, metal handle, spare batt, fast (intelligent) charger... um did I mention this was cheaper than paintball... :unsure:

• Supporters

Yes you will. So you could get a two-tone, get you UKARA (by doing three skirmishes in no less than two months) and then replace the coloured parts, or paint them. Or, you could use hire guns until you get UKARA and then buy a RIF for yourself.

okay, how much would it be roughly to hire a gun?

How much does it cost at the site you attend? (just as rough idea)

and once i attend 3 skirmishes in that time, how would i go about getting UKARA?

• AF-UK Founding Member

Hiring can be £25-£50 it varies quite a bit.

As for the UKARA business if you just discuss it with the site they'll sort it out for you. It's helpful if you keep a log of when you've been just so that they know you've actually been attending. It's probably worth speaking to them first to see how they like to do things.

I guess ur over 18? cus if ur not u cannot get UKARA if ur not its fine to say on this forum, you won't get banned... just to prove it im 12, i say it often and it even says 12 on my profile :)

• Supporters

as far as getting yourself put on the database once everything is done, if you have a local shop, send it there, failing that get in touch with me Via PM and I can let you know what to do (I work at an airsoft shop and can get it on the database for ya for the cost of a postage stamp)

I know some shops charge for the service too.

Aye! I am 18 :)

and Rock-Climby-Dave, I'll probably be registering myself with UKARA through my local site if they will, but if not i'll send you a PM!

Thanks!

Archived