The five S's

SheriffHD
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It seems every video i watch on you tube, airsofters are cluster f*cked shooting over each other T

hen act surprised when one guy gets 5 of you out,.

and so i feel that that must remind you that already know, and inform those who dont

THE FIVE S's OF CONCEALMENT

Shape.

Sound.

Shadow.

Spacing.

Silhouette.

Shape.

Some things can be recognized instantly by their shape, particularly if they contrast with their surroundings.

Three easily distinguished shapes which require you to disguise for concealment are;

1) The clear cut shape of your outline.

2) The smooth round top of a combat helmet.

3) The hard line of a helmet brim.

Sound

unless you are a retard you should click on what you do here.

Silhouette.

Any object silhouetted against a contrasting background is clearly visible.

Smooth flat backgrounds such as water, a field, or worst of all the sky, should be considered dangerous.

An object may also be silhouetted if it is against the background of another color.

For concealment,choose an uneven background such as a hedge, bush, trees or broken ground to hide your silhouette.

Shadow.

In sunlight and in moonlight, an object casts a shadow which gives away its presence.

For concealment, try to keep in the shadows if possible. Remember that as the sun and moon moves, so do the shadows.

Spacing.

Mother nature doesn't put things out evenly,so remember this.

Natural objects are never regularly spaced.

Regular spacing means man-made objects ie telegraph poles and fence posts. For concealment avoid regular spacing.

And when going into combat, you are going to want some additional spacing as well, if one grenade is able to take down a while squad,

it isnt considered a well place grenade, its considered a S-hitty squad.

And dont be afraid to use hand signals, keep them simple, most signals are made up in the field so long as you and your squad know what you mean your ok.

yeah i know what you mean on Sunday i caught 3 guys wandering about having a feg with out a care in the world

shine normally gets covered in the same category as shadow.

and camoc ream would be under shape, as you would use it to break up the symmetrical lines in your face

Another rule of concealment we use for hunting is Scent. Not really applicable for Airsoft but hunting and some military situation would call for such rule.

skyline when crossing a open field on a hill keep low and move slow

that would be your Silhouette.

Another rule of concealment we use for hunting is Scent. Not really applicable for Airsoft but hunting and some military situation would call for such rule.

Actually never know, cover yourself in body spray and your odour will pre-emp you comin around the corner in CQB ;)

Assume you've never fought against a heavy smoker in CQB :D

with sent, unoless the guy is either caked in sh*t, bathed in paca rabane or is smoking cigars other then that the only thing you will be smelling is your own sweaty self

Assume you've never fought against a heavy smoker in CQB :D

its my own personal smoke screen "they cant see me i cant see them"

thats just a terible joke, although the worst smoker i went against was my grandad, although i will admit a crematorium is no place for airsoft

actually its 5 s's and m

shape

shine

shadow

sillouette

sound

movment

one thing that annoys me doing cqb is when im treading softly, moving slowly making as little noise as possible as im trying to sneak up on un suspecting targets down the corridor and im doing a pretty damn good job of it and then suddenly i get 4 team mates stacking up behind me having a conversations about their red dot sides and bumping into things. some times its just easier to go long wolf. if found if im in pitch black areas and if i stay perfectly still even a tourch gets flashed my way aslong as i dont move i dont get spotted, iv had the same in woodland, iv been 10 metres from 3 guys and i froze half in half out of a bush and they didnt notice me. i was then able to take down 3 guys in 1 go after waiting for them to move into line of site. of course it helps wearing dpm in lush woodland as opposed to purple trackie bottem's. i made sure i took him out first.

You forgot the simmetrical shape of the gun. You cab conceal well but then your gun will stick out . I saw happening so many times...

that comes under sillouette

Archived