mp5 upgrades

psychosquad13
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i would like some expert advice please i am planning to moddify my TM mp5 to match thr rate of fire (ROF) of the minigun i know this is going to be a long shot but i have had my team gun smith look at it and he said it can be done but i will need to find advice on how to go about it so my question today is

what parts would you recomend me to get and what companys to get them from please ?

as far as airsoft goes i dont have a great deal of money but if you can recomend companys ,brands, and the name of the parts i will be eternaly greatful :)

many thanks

psychosquad13

• Supporters

my guess would be high speed gears and motor and a lipo

plus some other bits that my need sorting to cope with the speed

nutster

What's the target? I mean the ROF - 600? 800? 1000?

Anything higher than 800 is a nonsense. You'll need to change mags very often and the mags themselves won't handle the speed - with a ROF of 1000, you'll probably only fire 2 BBs out of 3 shots. That's what we've encountered when playing "how fast can you shoot?" with the guys... 

One more thing - what's a high ROF for with an MP5? Just to cause more pain, really... what you should rather consider is the trigger reaction speed. I wouldn't go for a ROF higher than 650-700 with a CQB gun an MP5 is.

Sorry for being the 'voice of reason' and messing with everyone's dreams...  :unsure:

i dont really see the point of a MP5 fireing out 800-1000 RPM

But if you want more RPM you would simply go for a higher voltage battery

But there is a downside to this your internals would get ripped to pieces very quickly and you would go through ALOT of magazines ;)

To be honest I wouldn’t recommend upgrading the RPM in my experience it don’t make much difference in a game although others might disagree hey I have only been playing for about 8 months what do I know :D

Jersey Tactical, I'm pleased to announce you "The Voice of Reason no. 2" ;)

2:0 - any more comments?

thank you all for replying to my message

wolf- as far as ROF goes reguarding the minigun and the mp5 i dont know

Jersey Tactical Airsoft- as far as the internals go i would like to get the best of the best, and as far as constant mag changes i am contenplating getting a 3000 round c box mag

if you could, could you please put down the companys name the name of the item and the price please so i can get an xmas wsh list going :)

many thanks

psychosquad13

are you going to use this in skirmishing games or is it just to say you have a MP5 that can waste £20 in 0.24 seconds??

oh i am going to use it i will prob use it more than my sniper

You want a support weapon? Get a machinegun...

• 3 months later...
i would like some expert advice please i am planning to moddify my TM mp5 to match thr rate of fire (ROF) of the minigun i know this is going to be a long shot but i have had my team gun smith look at it and he said it can be done but i will need to find advice on how to go about it so my question today is

what parts would you recomend me to get and what companys to get them from please ?

as far as airsoft goes i dont have a great deal of money but if you can recomend companys ,brands, and the name of the parts i will be eternaly greatful :)

many thanks

psychosquad13

lol your gunsmith needs schooling.

ok this is where you stand. i presume your budget is unlimited.

1. a vulcan minigun fires around 83 a second.

2. the reliable point on a normal AEG is about 20 a second.

a highly upgraded and modified gun can achieve high levels, but you gotta spend BIG. i have now spent about £650 on my G&P m16. it fires about 32 a second. it could do a fair few more, but your way past any reliability in this area. i chrono'd it at 39 a second with 10.4 lipo. i use standard NI-MH 9.6V vapex battery with a G&P M120 motor (next fastest to systema turbo).

ill talk you through what i did to get where i am.

first of all you basically need to scrap most of whats in the gearbox. i would recommend a new mechbox case, but the TM ones are ok, so if its not damaged in anyway keep it. then you need to get high quality bushes and shims to deal with the heat coming from insane spin speeds. prometheus and Kanzen are the ONLY ones that are realistically going to cut it past 30 rounds a second. as for gears, its not necessary to get high speed gears, its a common misconception that this is what is needed. they have a different gear ratio which can fail easily when they are battered with the high speed your motor will be winding at. i advise standard ratio strengthened gears, and i use SYSTEMA atm. ive used element, systema, prometheus all sorts and all break. its just a matter of time. my systema ones have held out pretty well recently and i favour them, plus they are cheaper than proms.

the next thing you have to do is take into account the physics behind fast set ups. if you know how a gearbox works then great, if not, research it on youtube before reading on.

now with a high ROF set up, often your piston (with a weak spring for 350 FPS UK site rules) does not return after a revolution fast enough for the sector gear, and as a result the contact sharply as the gea comes back round, causing a head on collision, causing strain and stress and breakages. to stop this you need to build your set up with a powerful spring to make sure the piston is back where it needs to be fast enough. i use a GUARDER SP120. this shoots the FPS up to over 400. so to counter this you need a PORTED cylinder. this is basically a cylinder with holes in it, which no.1 lowers FPS as there is less compression room, no.2 allows the piston to return even FASTER!! (the main goal of this part)

next, you need to make sure you have bearings on the spring contact points, (thats where the spring touches, one is the piston head, the other is the spring guide) some people will prefusely argue that you dont need both, but i use both and would not ever consider anything else. so a bearing spring guide, and a bearing piston head need putting in.

as for the piston, a plastic one will never cut it, you need a metal tooth one such as the deep fire titanium tooth piston.

wiring is the next thing, you need to have fair knowledge of electricity really, or you wont get why to do this. you need high quality, high flow, low resistance wire, and MOSFET

MOSFET = Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor.

basically its a PnP transistor that removs high flow current from your trigger switch assembly, where arching can happen and cause wear, and loss of power. lots of it as well. a MOSFET basically allows you to conect the battery STRAIGHT to the motor, and when you pull the trigger the transistor will allow power through, and you get 100% power to the motor. no messin about. Also a mosfet with ACTIVE BRAKING will slow your motor down the second you let go of the trigger (for semi auto mode) by applying a slight positive force to the other direction very quickly. so you dont get unwanted spring compression after a semi-auto shot with a high power battery. in short, prolongs the life of gears and piston!!

DEANS connectors are needed as well, as tamiya ones are not all that good to be honest. as for battery, user discretion. but i personally dont like Lipo, they can be difficult to work with, inconsistand in different weather conditions, and DANGEROUS when charging!! i use 9.6v NI-MH. if you wanted a step up its not a great idea to go above 10.8v.

a good hop unit and rubber is advised as you will wear the sleeves out QUICK with mass flow.

this is pretty much all to start with. other things like piston head, anti reversal latch, jet nozzle etc all make differences to reliabilty and consistency with high ROF set ups, also things like sector clips (hold the nozzle opn longer to prevent mis feeding) all need to be taken into consideration. and then its the job itsdelf, doing the work itself, the wiring and everything, you really need to know what your doing!!

NOTE contact me if needs be, for excellent rates i can help ;) little shalemess self promotion there.

when it comes down to it, high ROF set ups are a fine art. it takes a lot of playing around to get the FPs under the legal limit for skirmish sites, and they are NEVER reliable for too long ;) you gotta suck it and see and throw quite a lot of money at it unfortunately, something will always go wrong. its trial and error a lot of it, for instance, my current sector gear, has 3 leading teeth, and one trailing tooth ground down, and slight height adjustments made to second form last and 4th. its tiny things like this that also need to be considered. the only reason ive reeled of this bayoux tapestry of info is that you siad you want to achieve unlimited ROF.

its unlikely, but if you follow my guide, and with at least £400 to spend, you might break 35 rounds a second reliably.

feel free to contact me if you ever need any help.

[email protected]

lol its quite off putting i know. but if your willing to spend, and you love the sport like some people do, for me, its my only hobby now, i dont bike anymore, and i dont have teh money for a toyota supra anymore, so this is it :P

but in all honesty once your there, (E.G me with my m16) there is little that will go wrong, just a part to buy every month or so. the big money is getting there!!

most UK sites will allow heavily upgraded rifles. anything really, as i doubt you will get more than 40 a second from a standard AEG. at least to fire for more than a hundred rounds before blowing up!!

i imagine no one would have a problem with 35 ish which is realistic max.

but as for the vulcan minigun, 80-85 a second, its unlikely to be allowed in any skirmish sites WORLDWIDE let alone UK haha

its more of a rich man's toy.

shame......

XD

that would be kick Arse XD

me and my team are genuinly thinking about manufactoring some kind of tank.

basically weld a chassis together, and just use quad bike wheels and 48v elec motor with couple of truck batteries XD

only problem is our site is woodland, so would probs never be able to use it properly.

but point is, MINIGUN ON TOP WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Archived