Sniper help.

Kevakazi
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Now i'm pretty sure you guys have seen a million of these topics so i apologise but i am completely new to the world of airsoft and i really need some help.

Basically i'm looking to take up airsoft as a hobby and have decided on buying a spring powered sniper rifle and after browsing 100's of sites i'm still none the wiser as to which sniper to buy or where from.

I'm looking for a 2 tone sniper rifle with optics for about £120-£150, i know this isn't an extreme amount of money and i know the high end models cost alot more but i'm sure i can pick up something accurate and powerful enough for a newbie. I would like it to be atleast part metal aswell.

I'm hoping your guys vast experience can point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums,

First of all... everyone wants to be a sniper at first. Then they get an M4 or something to run around with ;) But if you're sure that's the way you wanna go (BTW, that won't be sniping, that'll be more like  sharpshooting) consider a WELL L96 or A&K SWD. I'm sure most of the guys here can give you good places to buy from in the UK, so I'll write about something else...

Although you will get a good rifle for the money you've mentioned, forget the optics. If you buy some crappy cheap scope, it'll only mess with your eyes and won't be of much help really. Trust me, I've been through a few scopes and know what I'm saying. Consider a 3-9x50 scope. You'll get a Tasco for about 75 EUR. And usually stick around the 3-4 magnifying values. Using higher ones is good for observations only.

What's more, DON'T buy a scope with less than x40. The x40 is the lower borderline for a good scope. OK, the original SWD had the PSO-1 4x24 scope... but that scope was s***ty and every experienced SPECNAZ sniper changed it to something better and bigger.

If you'd like to know more about the scopes, feel free to ask.

Yep, I'm sniping myself. 

STAY AWAY FROM JG BAR 10 AND BLACK EAGLE M6

i ant a sniper myself but i have seen this before at my site if i was you i would buy a M4 or M16 someting like that and get someone to upgrade it for you (tight bore barrel and better hop-up) buy a couple of low caps (30 round magazines) and give that a go if you dont like it well then you will have a pritty acurate rifle to play with (best of both worlds :) )

sorry for spelling this is a quick post

Thanks for the help guys its all much appreciated.

I did look at the L96 myself and even though its a good looking rifle i prefer the looks of the old style tactical snipers.

I found this one but it is cheaper and i'm worried the quality will be rubbish, i've watched a few reviews on youtube of it and they all seem quite good. Whats your impressions.

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Double-Eagl...Tone_AP0TU.aspx

I found this one but it is cheaper and i'm worried the quality will be rubbish, i've watched a few reviews on youtube of it and they all seem quite good. Whats your impressions.

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Double-Eagl...Tone_AP0TU.aspx

thats another one to stay away from i have heard nothing but bad reviews from that sniper

things from just complete breakages to AEGs out ranging them that are around the same FPS

Oh right, there really isn't much of a selection out there for 2 tone sniper rifles is there. I may go with the L96 then.

Is there any other weapons out the possibly assault rifles or just plain rifles you guys love and would recommend. For around the same price possibly full metal, though i doubt it for that price.

TBH there isnt much out there for you but my advise is (take it or not) get a AEG untill you get for UKARA number and then look into snipeing

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/JG-M4-A1-AE...Tone_AIV4G.aspx

something along the lines of this beacise the m4/m16 series are east to open up and upgrade

anyone feel free to disagree :)

ye i made the mistake of sniping when i first started. not really a good idea as it takes time a patience. this might not be the same for you but 3 years ago when i started i just wanted to go trigger happy and that didnt really work with a bolt action. so i bought an M14 and have loved them ever since. they are so easily upgradable to a more sniper suitable FPS, but then of course they also have full auto. ive had 7 different M14's and in my opinion they are one of the best snipers out there, and if you get bored simply flick the switch and away you go with full auto. but as jersy tactical said, stick to an m4. they are so reliable and at a skirmish if it brakes then someone is going to have a part to fix it because they are so common. they also look very nice with a few toys jammed on it :P

I'm considering going with that M4 you posted jersey but i have a few questions.

What needs to be upgraded on the gun to increase fps and accuracy and also can you and is it suitable to attach optics to the m4 such as an acog.

Thankyou for the info aswell dday.

9/10 of AEG's will have some sort of rail system but some dont (like most of the AK's) and require a mount but all m4/m16's have rail mounts for optics vertical grips and even a torch next time your down your site have a look around there will be a m4 or m16 hanging around somewhere ask them if you can look at it (we are a friendly bunch) ;)

As for upgrading:

Well it depends on the site your playing at limits (the rifle i showed you is 350 +/- 5%)

But if you want more FPS (which you don't really need) go for a new spring

But what i would STRONGLY recommend is keep below your site limits and focus on your accuracy you can do this by:

Changing your inner barrel to a tight bore barrel

Changing your hop-up (and making sure your rifle is hopped properly!!!)

Putting on optics

What i would say is just play a couple of games with it as it comes out of the box with the iron sights on

Spend time doing your hop-up (because there is nothing more irritating as a noob complaining about his gun not firing straight to find out 5 seconds later they have not bothered doing there hop-up) <_<

You will find most AEG's are pretty good out of the box :D

And no problem whats the point in joining a forum if you ant going to help :rolleyes:

Yeh i was going to do that but laziness got the better of me but i'm all read up on it now. The only question i couldnt see answered is if you have to adjust the hop up every 100 shots or so or does it stay at a constant.

nah it should stay consistent but saying that if you randomly start seeing your bb's heading on a space voyage check your hop-up (oh and btw the hop-up is located behind the intimation bolt on m4s and m16's)

One more thing about the HU - remember, changing temperature (going from buildings into open space) may force you to adjust the system again. It's usually made of rubber (or silicone) so it's... well... let's call it thermo-sensitive :)

And one more hint... remember, shooting out BBs also heats the HU, as well as wears it down. So if may cause small changes overtime. 

AND one more :P You will need to adjust the HU each time you change the ammo type (not only the weight, but also the manufacturer) and about every 1000-1500 BBs. Why? Well.. it's all mechanical, so shooting, moving and so on may cause the whole system to deregulate overtime. Or may not.

Jeeez... gotta drink a coffee... thinking/writing in English about 8:30 a.m. is killing me... ;P

http://actionhobbies.co.uk/2bf64927-3b90-4...a7-a4328db8498c

or

http://actionhobbies.co.uk/Warrior-MB-01-L...Tone_ALWJO.aspx

Personally I'd go for the L96 with the scope and bipod for £150, just inside your budget and you can get going straight away.

Hi i am a newbie, i think you seem to know your stuff about snipers. I am 13 nearly 14 and want to start airsoft as a hobby, i have made a team, i will be the sniper the only problem is i dont know what sniper to get i need it to be 400fps maximum, bolt action and not over £130. i have seen the l96 but i think it would personally be to big for me to carry. if you can help me pick i sniper i will be gratfull thanks.

Hi i am a newbie, i think you seem to know your stuff about snipers. I am 13 nearly 14 and want to start airsoft as a hobby, i have made a team, i will be the sniper the only problem is i dont know what sniper to get i need it to be 400fps maximum, bolt action and not over £130. i have seen the l96 but i think it would personally be to big for me to carry. if you can help me pick i sniper i will be gratfull thanks.

Well, do read the topic... but remember: there's no such thing as a lightweight sniper rifle. You want something light and small, get an MP5.

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

before you buy a sniper rifle, play a game or two with an AEG, running around and being more active. Then play a game with a sniper, being sneaky and whatnot; see what you prefer and roll with that.

Also, if you go for an AEG, JG M4's JG G36's are the way to go.

although the springs vary in power drastically (mine chronos at 333fps, a freinds chronos at 370fps)

Archived