AEG magazines

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi,

Not sure this is the best place to post this, so given that, it probably is lol.

Anyway, I'm about to buy an AGM M4 and my brother's about to buy an Ares L85.

Are there any magazines that are compatible with both rifles? I'm thinking of buying a 10 pack of low caps and splitting them, so we have 5 low caps each and one hi-cap that came with the gun.

Just need to know this before I buy any magazines.

Thanks in advance.

• Supporters
Pretty much any m4/m16 mags, apart from gbbr, ptw and tm next gen ones

Really? I'm amazed to hear companies don't try and force you to fork out for specific magazines. Airsofting just got even better lol.

Cheers Marksman.

• Supporters

Thought I'd add this question to here, it's kinda relevant.

I've been wondering about low and real cap mags, are they the same thing?

Also, if you have a mag and it says the capacity is 30, that would mean you'd only actually be able to fire about 26 shots, right? 'Cos the spring in the mag holds no tension on the last few rounds because they just sit in that gap between the mag and the barrel.

So do 30 cap mags for example, actually hold about 35 rounds to make up for that, or what?

• Supporters

Ok cheers.

I've decided to get a G&P M16 by the way, all your raving about them prompted me to look into it a bit and I've found a super badass USMC SAM-R that I'm hoping to get from Landwarrior at the end of the month.

• Supporters
Haha, you will not be disappointed :P

Is the Sam/r the one with the acog?

Yeah, RIS front end, ACOG and front grip, with flippy iron sights.

Though the ACOG isn't included.

Looks sexy-as though :P

Archived