The happy thread!

Finius

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I have discovered the origin of "Finius'" name, which I think is pretty epic in a funny way.

I'll wait for interest before revealing.

Though I don't really want to overhype it...

Additionally, I had my best day's airsofting in about a year today, so I'm happy about that too. During the day I gained a Mk-VI helmet, a SUSAT replica and a new holster.

To be honest, I'll probably end up selling it all on for some dosh to put towards my British kit, or my L119 build, but it's nice stuff to have all the same.

if you say his true name three times into a mirror he will appear beside you and seek his revenge :o

• Supporters

He has said that if I start calling him by the "full version" he will shoot me to pieces.

But I think it's good enough for me to be able to live with that.

It comes from a nickname he got at school in year 7, for playing the role of a character in a play about the feudal system.

Which I know isn't really much of a clue... But it's all you're getting.

• Supporters

YES!

Here are some recent transcripts of our conversation:

Finius:

When I was in year 7 at Secondary school I performed an astonishingly dramatic rendition of the life of "Farmer Finius" in a presentation on the fuedal system, my classmates were so moved by my talents that it stuck

Your clue was sh*t, so much for building suspense

Me:

Yeah

It was

I think you could link farmers to the feudal system though

I mean, it was about the trading of land and stuff, right?

Well, who has land?

Farmers!

Specifically, Finius the farmer.

Apparently.

Finius:

Well, actually, Farmer Finius didn't have any land

He worked on Knight Gurnhams land

Because in the feudal system

Lords had most of the land

Which they leased out to their knights

And the knights then had peasants on said land doing all the work for them

Me:

Well

Y'know you said my clue was sh*t?

Have you seen the thread recently?

Finius:

Yes I have

But the point was

You wanted to generate interest

Without giving it away

Me:

Ah well

You're now Farmer Finius

Which tbh I think is a much cooler name than just Finius

• Supporters

Awww =[

• Supporters

I am presently working on concept boards for several photoshoots, their titles are as follows:

-Sexy Steam Punk

-Girls and Guns of Airsoft Calendar

-Fine Art Exploration of Bondage

-Candyland (this one involves two girls and lots of colourful sugary stuff)

-Nude with hats

-Dominatrix

So err...Yeah, watch this space ;)

• Supporters

Apart from Uni resits looming and my dog being ill, things are looking quite good for me at the moment. I'm in a happy mood.

I've been paid, I've become a supporter of the forums and then some, which has really cheered me up :) and I've just applied for the role of UK Airsoft Players Union - Student Representative. I'm hoping my new forum status, as well as my self-set up airsoft society at Uni will give me an edge in the application process.

Fingers crossed.

If I get the place I might find some motivation to not fail this module and be kicked out of Uni haha.

• Supporters

Just ran AVG PC tune up on my PC.

20% of the items scanned had errors, 5GB of junk files deleted, and had 18% fragmentation.

Now it should run BF3 a little better, as it's been getting progressively worse since I've had it.

• Supporters

Just heard back from UKAPU and they think I sound perfect for the position! =D

So I might well soon be UKAPU's student representative.

Anyone have any project ideas for me?

PWRR - infantry

I was offered the chance to go do PRAC (parachute regiment aptitude course) at the end of selection but i refused as i personally felt my fitness wasn't up to scratch so i went for infantry instead.

Hoping to get into 2nd battalion after training.

• Supporters

Finally sold my M14 and my MEU. Feels weird to only have 3 guns.

Additionally, I'll soon be free of my Uni work and to top it all off, I've got a mini-weekender next weekend.

Happy days!

• Supporters

Uni work is a thing of the past, the L119 build is coming along nicely, the performance is stupid crazy good, I haven't even touched the internals... Well, apart from shimming the gearbox and rewiring (G&P might be good after all)

Second LLM arrived today, as did my second speed loader, stock pad for the L119, 5000 .25s all ready for the weekend :)

My girlfriend even made it into Nottingham Trent, despite having a billion epileptic fits around her exam period, for the second year in a row. So considering that she's done exceptionally well. Especially considering this year's A Levels have been a lot harder. Sheffield Uni where I work have 1200 places going, grabbable through clearing! Usually there isn't even 1!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I've been paid! Yay!

Time to get that P226 from Ratty of PB... When he replies to me anyway.

Also just saw an MTP smock for £20 in a military stall at Skipton market... About to go back and check the size.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.