The happy thread!

Finius

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Arms Fair this weekend =D

Also, just saw on Patrol Base's website that there's a customer testimonial from Dave! Haha, biased opinion much? I thought that was pretty hilarious.

bought two claymores with broken remotes for twenty quid fixed them and now im a happy camper

• Supporters

Just ordered my new pistol, now I just have to hope I can find some mags for it at The Arms Fair tomorrow.

• Supporters

Just passed my driving test, with one minor! :)

• Supporters

Congrats man, I wish I could be arsed to take my test =[

• AF-UK Founding Member
Just passed my driving test, with one minor! :)

Found your license this time then :P One minor, that means you're as good as me, feel lucky (that's assuming this was your first attempt) :lol:

• Supporters

Second time, still, happy I've finally passed :)

• Supporters

Good time at the arms fair, learned about some new shops, got a few purchases in mind to add yet more gucci sh*t to my L85, also got some odd bits and bobs, didn't find a lot of what I wanted. BUT, Arclight was there! Am I the only one thinks that's cool?

• Supporters

Redwolf were there.

Also, coolest thing about Arms Fair was my being there!

Didn't buy anything and spent the whole day in the kitchen, but I've already started saving for the next fair in October! Gonna have at least £500 for it, but probably closer to £1000!

• Supporters
Aren't Red wolf setting up a shop in England soon or something?

Yeah, this week apparently. They said the shop will be open as soon as Tuesday and it's in Gloucestershire.

Redwolf were there.

Also, coolest thing about Arms Fair was my being there!

Didn't buy anything and spent the whole day in the kitchen, but I've already started saving for the next fair in October! Gonna have at least £500 for it, but probably closer to £1000!

The other coolest thing was that utterly awesome L85 owned by that guy from AI, who told me exactly where to get all the cool stuff I needed to finish mine, so I've got an LLM unit on the way and an awesome ACOG and Doctor sight combo from G1098airsoft.com, now I just need to find some rail ladders and it'll be done! =D

I tried to find you before I left, but I couldn't.

I got a couple of new lipos, an M120 for my M16, a version 1 ASCU also for my M16, a huge bag for all my kit and a mag for my yet to arrive MEU.

• Supporters

Just got my hands on my new MEU aka Meurial :P, she's pretty damn godly. I can get through around 40 full power shots on one CO2 capsule and the kick is so staggering that it honestly feels like the gun is going to explode in your hands... Well, you don't doubt it's build quality, you can tell it can take it, but Jesus, the kick is immense.

Range and accuracy are more than good enough for a side arm and I've been using .25s in it and it's been performing better than any other pistol I've ever used.

Oh and it's LOUD, loudest gun I've had, even over GBBRs.

Only one problem, can't figure out how to strip it for hop adjustment. Not that I need to, but it'd be nice to know.

Anyone recommend me a good pistol tac light and holster for it? Interested in getting a threaded barrel as well, is that possible?

I can also see why people don't like Viper holsters now, mine really doesn't fit this pistol in it correctly at all, it's a very loose fit and the straps don't properly secure it. However, if you own a Sig, the Viper is perfect.

• Supporters

I'm liking the look of the M3, looks a bit like the lights used on BF3.

Can anyone explain lumens to me? This M3 I've found is 85 lumens and I remember seeing an MP5 hand guard tac light that was 65 lumens a while ago...

How many lumens is a good amount?

How many would there need to be for it to still be blinding in day light? Just as a point of reference.

• Supporters

Well I have a 1000 lumen torch on my M16, and that's kind of blinding in daylight, but only if you're less than 3 metres away and looking directly at it..

It all depends on the lens and cone etc. Spread/concentration is the main thing.

Lumins help, but you can get the same peformance from an expensive 400 lumin light compared to a cheap 1000 lumin.

im happy because my m203 arrived now i just have to wait till Saturday to get my acog and ill be stupidly happy :rolleyes:

• Supporters

My day today:

Get to school half 8, revise Chemistry constantly without breaks/food etc. until 12. Had a quick walk to Tesco for lunch at 12, then more revision from 12:15 to 1:15.

Chemistry exam at half 1, felt so easy. If I've failed this exam, there's no chance of me passing any other exams ever.

And for some reason, it's been a really good day.. Although blisters on thumb and fingers are somewhat annoying.

My day today:

Get to school half 8, revise Chemistry constantly without breaks/food etc. until 12. Had a quick walk to Tesco for lunch at 12, then more revision from 12:15 to 1:15.

Chemistry exam at half 1, felt so easy. If I've failed this exam, there's no chance of me passing any other exams ever.

And for some reason, it's been a really good day.. Although blisters on thumb and fingers are somewhat annoying.

Is that A level science or GCSE?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.