The happy thread!

Finius

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

don't worry, already got a rapport with them, and fortunately one of them is a father of an airsofter.

• Supporters

Airsofting Saturday night.

Saw my ladyfriend today for the first time in a week. She missed the Finius lovin'.

She bites though so I'm covered in love bites which sucks a bit, but whatever, it was totes worth it.

• Supporters

Happy because I fixed my L85! Yay!

• Supporters

I'm happy, really happy. You know why I'm happy?

I just got paid a serious shedload, which means I can finish my M4 project which I was previously going to sell, skirmish every other weekend for the next four months (just off this payday) AND also buy a ton of junk for upto £200...

Finius won the game.

• Supporters
what about an i love you long time finius tattoo?

I'd be surprised if he didn't already have one of those :P

Speaking of which! More happy!

Started the official work on my M4 :D Been completely bitten by the airsoft bug again where before I had been slacking off.

I've got the handguard rails coming to replace that horrible RIS system I had on it, a new switch assembly which will make it fully functional, my magpul trigger guard and the rear iron sight.

Still got a lot to do if I'm sticking to my original plan (PEQ, M203, Podgrip, BAD lever, Big Charging Handle, Ambi-release, Aimpoint, Paintjob etc), but at least it'll work...

• Supporters

A bipod grip... And an M203?

How's that going to work?

• Supporters
A bipod grip... And an M203?

How's that going to work?

The bipod grip sits at the back, just in front of the magwell, the M203 then goes in front of that...It's only gonna be a short m203...

Marksman; pretty much. Once I decide that something's happening, it's either happening or it just plain aint possible within the realms of mortal living and physics...

• Supporters

Finius, that's going to be the most ridiculous looking, front heavy M4 ever.

• Supporters

Finius,will it look something like this (plus an aimpoint, and various other bits you can't get on PMG)?

myweapon3m.jpg

• Supporters

To be honest it looks a lot better than I thought it would, I still wouldn't bother with both though.

Liam, your M16's looking a bit awesome in your new sig. Thought about adding an optic of some description? Silencer seems to be off your L96 as well, why's that?

• Supporters

Yeah considering either an ACOG to go on the carry handle, or an EOTech, can't decide so it's staying as is for now.

May even consider a 3-9x40 or something scope, my step-dad bought a replacement spring for his G&G from eBay, supposed to be giving 330 FPS, it's actually giving 420. I have a spare, upgraded G&P gearbox lying around, so might turn it into a DMR.

I still have the silencer, but I've put a shorter barrel in it now (509mm rather than 650mm), fancied a change from catching every tree I walk past and whacking everyone on the head every time I aim.

Marksman, don't be silly, I don't walk down the road carry my airsoft guns. I doubt it would go down too well, everyone who lives around me seems to like calling the police at every thing..

• Supporters

This is the overall endgame idea:

myweapon-1.jpg

It's basically going to be EVERYTHING your mother warned you about.

Some bits aren't accurate or are missing, but overall, you get the idea. The rectangle on the front is meant to be one of those short launchers by madbull or similar.

And yes, it will be snot green.

• Supporters

Still looks ridiculously front heavy, and why the PEQ on the top?

• Supporters

'Cos PEQ boxes are tacticool. Pfft.

Also, Liam, why would you put the ACOG on the carry handle? That's just silly.

Does your L96 perform any different with a shorter barrel? I always wanted to properly look into it as I'm sure the barrel length does have an effect on range as well as accuracy, but a lot of people seem to think there's nothing in it.

You Sir, are in a perfect position to do some tests! Or just general observations, I'll settle for that.

• Supporters

I dunno, just prefer the look of it, although it would be kinda pointless seeing the handle's easily removable..

Not sure on performance, I know the longer barrel performed better than the stock barrel. But that's an unfair test, seeing that the stock one wasn't tightbore and was twisted/cut incorrectly.

I'll do some comparisons when I get chance. Next time I go, I'll play half day with longer barrel, half day with shorter barrel and compare.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.