The happy thread!

Finius

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

What car do you have, and how much insurance will be (if you don't mind me asking..)?

• Supporters

Its being shared with my dad, Its a ford fiesta (zetec i think- maybe a 1.4?)

Quotes come in at about £3700 a year but its near enough the same as buying another worse car and getting insured

Just means that even once insured I'm hardly gonna be driving for atleast the first year

• Supporters

Wow, £3700 is a lot!

It'll cost me £2200 on a 2001 1.3 Fiesta, but that's with me as main driver, mum and step-dad as named drivers..

And then it would be £2400 on a 2001 Mondeo.. was looking just for the sake of looking :P

You lot are missing out. 125cc Insurance is £400 fully comp, great MPG and the same power-weight ratio as a 306 GTi :P alot more fun that sitting around in a box letting all the car do all the work.

Can jump traffic, use bus lanes etc. Win all around :P

• Supporters

If I had a bike, how would I get my airsoft gear to and from sites? I want something that will fit my sniper, my M16, my mate's sniper, my mate's m4, my brother's g36 and lunch for us all in the boot :L.

I don't bother with lottery or anything, seems like a waste to me... 1 in 14million or something chance winning the jackpot and1 in 2 million of 5 numbers..

I've managed to take a bass guitar, and a 150W amp to a gig before. Amp itself is 30KG, and 600mmx400mmx600mm :P

Not quite, but kind of :P Was worth it though.

• Supporters

I've been thinking of getting a bike for ages but it'll still cost around £1500 to get going, CBT is about £100, a cheap bike is about £500 minimum, insurance is around £400, helmet is about £100, then there's fuel, road tax (I think there's a blanket charge of £40 for all bikes, but I could be wrong), a chain for locking it up etc etc.

Plus, as a student I just can't guarantee I'll always be able to pay for it. I'd also rather buy a bike new that'll last me upwards of 5 years if need be, before I get around to, or decide against doing my full practical test.

I bet they're great fun though. I'm sure I could manage all my own airsofting kit. I'd wear what I could wear and get a huge backpack for the rest. Sorted.

My mum used to have a Fiat Seicento which was roughly 8 years old, I looked at webuyanycar and they quoted it as being worth £475 and to insure me on it would still have cost £1700 just for third party, not even fire or theft added. It was only a 1.1L as well. It's literally daylight robbery.

I'd honestly rather pay protection money to gangsters than tax and such like to the government. At least then if I get f*cked over I know my protection racketeers will drown the dicks who f*cked me in a lake. In the "real world" I'm just stuck with the legal system which will only f*ck me over again.

It's honestly a joke. I can't believe we let it get to this.

• Supporters
You lot are missing out. 125cc Insurance is £400 fully comp, great MPG and the same power-weight ratio as a 306 GTi :P alot more fun that sitting around in a box letting all the car do all the work.

Can jump traffic, use bus lanes etc. Win all around :P

More fun till you get hit by a lorry...

But I have a MAJOR bug up my ass about motorbikes...

You mean something like this ? :P

Last year just before Christmas:

And to keep it slightly on topic, i was happy after a month when the whiplash and bruises healed. Got the bike fully repaired with new parts, private medical care paid for, Courtesy bike, and £1200 compo :P

Note the bike is wedged underneath the car by about 2ft of the front suspension, and the wing mirror is bent because that's where my face hit XD

IMAG0051.jpg

• Supporters

Did you take that photo straight afterwards? Like, you crashed, got up and took a photo before the people in the even had chance to react (other than their shocked faces)? Or did they get back in the car and pull a 'shocked' face for a photo?

Literally hit car, stand up, Take picture, stumble back to the ground XD Then phoned police etc.

Although he could't open the door so he was in there a little while longer while passenger got out.

I've got that system programmed into me. Anything that happens i'll try and take a pic. Usually ride with a video camera now for long journeys. Tend not to use it for short journeys as I'll just be recording myself giving the finger to women seeing me at the last minute on a junction, and i have to swerve around them. ¬_¬ I get a bit road ragey sometimes. Once shouted my bollocks off at a guy who missed me by half a metre when he swerved across 3 lanes of a roundabout to get in a car park.

Bikes are really safe. Its the blind drivers that are the danger. :P

P.S. My crash was 100% his fault. I was legally filtering and he just did a U-turn without looking, warning or indication. Went straight into the side of him.

• Supporters

Great day airsofting today, put a red dot on my M14... Love.

It's as easy as using your previous shots to aim, except you can direct them on the first shot. So so easy to use, no needing to line up your eye with the sight, no needing to move your head into a fixed position behind the eye piece, if there's a person, the dot goes on them, pull the trigger, boom. Hit.

It was awesome.

I will be getting a Tac'd HK416 Systema PTW on May 15th with a real Eotech 516 :lol:

and a P226 X five not long after

http://www.ptwairsoft.com/1-hk416-complete...145rs-258-p.asp

right second time, depending on how the new 2012 PTW's turn out, i'm planning to use the 416 upper, with the PTW lower because they don't have trades on them and planning to get something nice engraved.

• Supporters

Where'd you get the engravings done?

i'm hoping to get it done at a Timpsons in Maidstone, depends whether we can get the lower reciever in the clamp.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.