The happy thread!

Finius

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Today in one of my seminars I get to build sh*t out of lego! My favouritest thing ever =] I'm super looking forward to going to Uni for once so it'd better not turn out to be sh*t...

I know it will be, but I'll be optimistic about it all the same. I'll post again with an update on how it goes, 'cos I know you're all dying to find out.

• Supporters

Not really Ed ;-)

PayPal Friggin Useless they have been "Reviewing" a Payment i made on monday since Monday and so the guy won't send off the item and im stuck in limbo i might just phone em to shout at em tommorrow or saturday so can record it with my new camera when it Arrives

• Supporters

Today I'm happy because people posted here so I can post about being happy about these things:

1. Skyrim

2. I put together a nine week fitness program which'll bring me up to being able to run 5k/for thirty minutes solid, do 200 sit-ups, 100 press-ups, 150 dips and 200 squats, then I've got four weeks where I'm going to work on my running speed and then I'm ready to apply for the RAF, the application process will give me a further six weeks before physical to start working on some of the other things they make you do during training.

3. The snow has gone!

4. I got several awesome ideas for my modular loadout!

5. Just life in general is A-okay at the moment :D

• Supporters

100 press ups? I've tried a program for that, it's impossible. Unless you don't mean all in one, like, 5 minute sitting?

100 press ups? I've tried a program for that, it's impossible. Unless you don't mean all in one, like, 5 minute sitting?

What ive been doing recently is to do 30 reps whenever i can at work, today ive done 210 pressups. Gotta get it upto 50 reps then im happy

• Supporters

Pushed my selection date forward again, no chance of passing fitness I don't think - I could have as little as eight weeks. Next week I'm going on an extremely protein/atkins based meal plan to try and shed some weight a bit faster.

If I can lose a serious amount of weight I don't think I'll struggle too badly; the muscles are there, especially for running, but my cardio vascular system has taken a beating at the hands of Dominos and Chicken Cottage the past three years. I'm not changing my plan at all, I'm just gonna go at it with everything I've got and if I don't pass first time the RAF will just have to accept that I'm going to become a thorn in the rear end of their recruitment section until they put me into Gunner Training.

Happy about it because it's at this point, where actually I can see myself failing before I get what I want and I still want it; for once I'm working toward something and instead of seeing obstacles as something to simply take as a stop-sign I'm seeing them as something I'm just going to have to beast to pieces, it proves to me that I do want this change in my life and that for once, I've found something I really actually want to have a go at career wise, instead of just stumbling about doing whatever suits my situation (I've always coasted through till here, this is the first time I've actually had to put in any sort of work for something really).

Also happy because Finius gets aawwwwllll da wenches!

• Supporters

We'll see Dev. I'll either pass or they'll get used to seeing me as regularly as possible :P

I'm doing this, doesn't matter how hard it is.

Minor setback today actually. Buying quavers and penguins to eat one of each a day in massive bulk is NOT a good idea (needed to add in 200cal a day somewhere). Dieting is my one poor point with regard getting fit, I like to munch; after Friday I'm going to change my diet plan so there's NOTHING like the above with any amount of fat or carbs in (I'm basically doing a bodybuilding version of atkins for a few weeks). I need stuff in that's harder or at least less appealing to eat really...

• Supporters

DOUBLE THE HAPPY, SAME ROCK-BOTTOM PRICE! BAM! FINIUS, YOUR NUMBER ONE STOP FOR THE PROVISION OF ALL HAPPY.

Just eaten half a kilo of prime rump steak for breakfast.

Also, the RAF list Airsoft as an official sporting choice on their applications. They do not list paintball - that it seems only qualifies as an "interest" ;)

• Supporters

Huzzah for the RAF!

• Supporters

What was wrong with it?

M4: hop, air nozzle, barrel needed cleaning/smoothing and new coat of paint

Shotgun: springs re-alined

• Supporters

Always seem to have stuff going wrong Nick..

What colour paint?

• Supporters

My L96 needs a touch up on the paint.. the barrel and silencer are so scratched from me being clumsy with it, the body has horrible scratches around the sling mounts..

Why are picturing it if it's just been touched up?

Why are picturing it if it's just been touched up?

welll not only has the paint been touched up but just installed; silencer, RIS, PEQ, laser, folding foregrip and a BUIS :D

enough to warrent a new picture? :P

• Supporters

Possibly - what stock?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.