The happy thread!

Finius

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is it bad if uktactical.com, paypal and google search for "A-TACS" are in my most visited sites???

• Supporters

Not unless you're visiting them as frequently and for the same reason that other people visit adult, explicit sites.

Which I assume you're not... Right?

Not unless you're visiting them as frequently and for the same reason that other people visit adult, explicit sites.

Which I assume you're not... Right?

no I just don't like having a positive paypal balance :D

• Supporters
One of my mates just linked me to this on Facebook: http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments...hdgwv?context=4

I thought it was highly worthy of sharing. It strikes me as something Finius would do lol, the writing style and story telling-esque-ness are just the same and obviously it's also truly hilarious.

The "To ensure accuracy" and "Obviously, this child needed to re-read Sun Tzu." were by far my favourite parts lol.

Blatantly going to have to try this.

Also pleased that you think I'm just that funny :P

• Supporters

You are lol, me and brother are always overjoyed when I find you've posted something new in one of the off topic sections, because they're always about something amusing.

But yes anyway, I'm happy because Fire-Support have FINALLY decided to dispatch my damn orders! I mean, it's only been like, what, two weeks? But yeah, so YAY! So excited! I should have my RIS, adaptor, barrel and ammo by, I hope tomorrow.

The only super crap thing, which TBH ought to make me post this in the neutral thread since that's what it's become for...

Is that tomorrow I've got to go into Uni to submit some assessment work because it's a bloody stupid physical hand in. Which means I'll either miss the delivery, or my mum will get it, which means she'll probably see the cost of it and then I'll probably die.

So if you don't hear from me again after today, ring the South Yorkshire Police lol.

• Supporters

If it makes you feel better, I just ate half a cow for breakfast. No word of a lie, straight up half a cow. It made mooing noises at me and everything.

24oz topside beef steak (it was a small, two kilo cow). Cooked to perfection with a hickory glaze.

Meant to be eating healthy stuff like weatabix, with sweetener and skimmed milk, but eating pure cow is just a lot more manly.

For those of you who don't know how to cook steak, since I'm a chef, I will enlighten you.

1. Find cow.

2. Spray a thick coating of hickory bbq glaze over cow.

3. Hold lighter under cow for approximately 10 seconds.

4. Eat cow.

There is no excuse for eating "well done" steak. That is not the point of steak. Steak is a manly food, for manly men and should bleed like a headwound when you start chewing on it.

Omnomnomnom. What did you have for breakfast AFUK? ;)

• Supporters

Weetos.

Though, I'm eating them right now, so I dunno if you can still call it breakfast...

There is no excuse for eating "well done" steak. That is not the point of steak. Steak is a manly food, for manly men and should bleed like a headwound when you start chewing on it.

what you want it a crispy outside but a nice bloody inside :D

and Ed i sympathise a lot with you, had to tell my parents that the new UKTactical order was only a £40 pair of A-TACS trousers even though they're £45 and the whole order was worth £80 :D

• Supporters
Weetos.

Though, I'm eating them right now, so I dunno if you can still call it breakfast...

Breakfast is THE meal, everyone knows, breakfast, if you're gonna eat one meal, it should be that one, even breakfast knows it and it's only an inanimate concept. Unfortunately, now that breakfast knows its role in the world, it also knows it can rock up whenever the hell it wants, so if you wanna eat Weetos at lunchtime and call it breakfast, you damned well do it.

• Supporters

I will!

Anyway, madbull barrel and hop has made my L85 become a sort of effing awesome sniper of death, except it can fire on full auto and looks a lot cooler.

However, it's only fully sniper-tastic on the highest spring tension and using .25s or higher, so I fear I might have to either use it in a crapper config, or limit to semi for use as a DMR and I'd rather not do either.

Anyone know the chrono results on all the spring settings? I need it to be lower than 370 on the highest one.

I looked on Youtube for an answer but all the tests are done in the US and the spring setting isn't ever given. Also I'm pretty sure the US spec guns tend to have a higher FPS anyway.

• Supporters

My M16 is now working again.

Problem was the crap G&P fuse. It literally fell apart inside the case in the stock. Replaced it with a house fuse (had better work for a full day!) covered in tape to hold it in place. Sounds so safe.. :L

• Supporters

Is it a good gun when it's working? I can't wait to get mine back from the shop once it's back up to 360 fps.

• Supporters

It's okay, needs more consistency in accuracy and FPS though. Gonna try it with .25s for accuracy, but FPS ranges from 340-360..

• Supporters

So long as it's usable it's alright, it's unlikely I'll use it anyway, I'll probably just keep it to lend to mates who occasionally come airsofting to try it out, so they can save money on hiring kit.

When I've got more money I might upgrade it a bit and turn it into a SAM-R. I'm sure the consistency issues can be sorted out without much trouble. New piston/piston head and a higher grade spring? I'm still getting to grips with AEG internals. GBBRs are so much simpler lol.

• Supporters

Started my health kick properly today. It's ridiculous how much difference I'm feeling within twelve hours.

It's probably less about supplements/multivitamins and the effects of eating healthily, especially this soon, and it's mostly therefore placebo effect and attitude, but it's actually awesome either way.

For the first time in a long time I've been up since 7am, on seven hours sleep and don't feel remotely droopy by lunchtime. I've got tons of energy, feel very motivated and my usual bodily "niggles" seem to be keeping themselves quiet at least for now.

Even my lizard looks happier today, and he's only had a few locusts...

• Supporters

Wouldn't it be from the local locust shop? Or do you not have one?

And I'm happy, spent the last two hours of school playing Skyrim on my awesome laptop :D

• Supporters

It depends.

I keep a supply of fresh veg, pellet food and freeze-dried locusts/crickets in the cupboard/freezer all the time, but I like to give him a challenge now and a again so I buy a box of live locusts of whatever size, take him out his viv, put them in, give them half an hour to hide and then let him loose.

Despite my efforts to make it into an elaborate game of hide and seek, he usually demolishes them pretty quickly...

• Supporters

I want one.

• Supporters

I meant a lizard, not a locust.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.