The happy thread!

Finius

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just got back from a very exhausting weekend of living history and battle re-enactment at a little known place called Waterloo. Very satisfying sitting around a campfire, drinking cherry beer, in the orchard of Hougoumont farm. Just got to clean all the mud and rust off my kit for another event this weekend near Salisbury.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2346769/Brits-bash-French-Waterloo--Three-thousand-actors-recreate-famous-battle-198-years-Wellington-beat-Napoleon.html

There was not 3,000 of us, more like 900, but I am just about in 1 of the pictures firing a very impressive British volley :)

got my place for NAE, the others

Got the engine back in the car, and except for not tightening the exhaust up enough, she is a lot quieter

starting to repaint the outside of the truck.

except for lack of sleep, feeling really good.

• 2 weeks later...

just back from 10 days in london in brilliant weather, get a text asking me to be an extra in game of thrones.... going for costume fitting tomorrow... might mean i have to cut out airsoft for a while to prevent any unseemly marks etc but i can live with that tbh... so fars looking like my best ever summer....

I can top that. I found 10p in my jacket pocket.

Sounds good. Haven't seen any of them but sounds like a good opportunity. Maybe sleep with the director and you'll get a full time part, before he kills you off of course.

think i might have better luck just going for the writer, lol. was funny, one of the other extras asked will being in the show spoil the story line for him.... despite the size of the costume department i couldn't get him a medal, lol...

ahh remus you lucky bastard.

I really wanted to try and get onto the set as a grip or something. You lucky devil you.

I just got my coach tickets for a magazine relaunch party on thursday up in london. have mixed feelings though as I'll be getting on the coach directly after finishing a 12 hour shift at work....

• 2 weeks later...

2 good things,

Got 15 bang/knife kills at apocalypse today, was in the zone.

Will hopefully be doing a pilots license next April/may, the best pickup lines, ever, will be coming up ;).

Wait... how?

Seriously, how did you find it this time? Did you just fall over it or something?

had a epic secondaries day at LAC and bought a brand-spanking new DE M56DL for £35 :D:D:D:D:D:D

Hah, good luck getting .20s through that! Although I may have just had a slightly lemon-shaped shotgun- idk, it stung like a biatch when loaded with .12s ;)

• Supporters

Hah, good luck getting .20s through that! Although I may have just had a slightly lemon-shaped shotgun- idk, it stung like a biatch when loaded with .12s ;)

Why? i had 0.25 blaster through it all day without any major problems ... they were a little heavy for the hop though, so will give it a go with 0.2's next time

Yup, mine was a lemon then :D

Bloody JBBG- well, I was about 13 when I asked for it for xmas. And the first one they sent didn't pump, and I had to wait 'til mid January for the replacement, which didn't fire 0.2s properly.

Ah well :)

• Supporters

Yup, mine was a lemon then :D

Bloody JBBG- well, I was about 13 when I asked for it for xmas. And the first one they sent didn't pump, and I had to wait 'til mid January for the replacement, which didn't fire 0.2s properly.

Ah well :)

well it is a DE so i guess mine will explode at some point :lol::lol:

my first shottie an asg (rebranded DE) tactical was putting out some 490fps when new out of the box :o:o before it seized solid ... guess DE have a few quality snags :lol:

• Supporters

Oh, you bet ;) did you get the one with the tacticool sliding Benelli-style stock?

yep that's the one, (i hear it comes loose, good thing being an engineer i have allen keys lol) ... with the sight ris rail, that is already sporting the clone doctor sight i couldn't use on y M4's acog :lol:

Yeah I also have lots of Allen keys, but the bolt on the stock tube needs an abnormally long torx wrench to tighten.

It wouldn't be a bad gun if it came in a 2tone colour that wasn't vomit-worthy orange :)

• Supporters

i have some super long farcom "T" allen keys ;)

yeah the 2 tone dose suck ... but i am thinking tiger stripes?? ... but i can see it just going all black :lol:

Tbh you've all had the same luck with DE that I have had with my TM shotgun.

Although I only paid 150 for it so I'm still happy. Now to just buy a working one and transfer the stock :P

It's a damn shame the Tm shotties don't have spare parts availability,sure they could last a good decade or so with care with it would be nice having the the confidence that if you break something you don;t have to buy a new gun.

Anyway,parkour in a KLMK is fun ;)

Though there were a few moments when I almost broke me leg,I might get into it a bit more seriously.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.