AGM M4 RIS

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi,

Since I'm tired of keeping on top of buying gas and special heavy ammo for my GBBR, I want something relatively cheap and cheerful just to last me a year or so and get me through the winter whilst I save up for a better, different GBBR.

I've found said gun on Patrol Base for about £200 and I know they'll do all they can to sort it out if anything happens, so I don't see any reason not to go ahead with it.

Is there anything anyone can say about AGM or this rifle specifically? Apparently it's about 400fps and has a version 2 gearbox and I know that it's old, 2009 old... But should those things be held against it?

It will be my first AEG, so I could do with a more experienced opinion.

Regards,

Ed.

• Supporters
If you're after a cheap M4 I'd just be tempted to get this:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=6236

Yeah, I've seen that. Unfortunately the computers I have at work won't load the photo but if it's one I think it is, it has the M16 style stock and isn't metal?

I'd rather have a metal rifle, personal preference I guess and I don't like carbines with M4 stocks, I don't even know why, but that's why I looked around until I found this one. I like that the AGM one has RIS rails already and I also kind of like how they've used an imitation PEQ box to sort of crappishly "hide" the battery.

Basically I just want to know if the AGM will be as workable as other AEGs because if I like it I figure I can alter it a bit and having a metal body to start with means I won't have to invest in one later on and it'll probably last longer.

Also, call me a moron, but I prefer rifles to be closer to the real weight, even if it does mean causing myself unnecessary stress.

Edit: I meant, carbines with M16 stocks.

• Supporters
no its a carbine style stock with plastic body- the thing is, the plastic on this is probably better quality than the metal on the agm

Really? I wouldn't have really thought that was possible.

The hand guard on my M16 is pretty damn good but you can still tell it's plastic. It's more the weight than anything. It's got to weigh more than the plastic.

I kind of feel like I'm ignoring advice whenever it's given and I know it'll result in me being sad and learning the hard way ('don't get a GBBR to start with' comes to mind) again. But I can't help it! D:

400fps is a nice touch, all the better for killing cans in the garden, possibly my favourite ever past time, aside from skirmishing anyway.

Though it's probably equally as good for destroying the gearbox :(

My site are very leniant. Maybe even overly so. A guy came in with an AK the other week and it chrono'd at 407fps, what did they say?

"Just don't use auto and aim low" lol.

But yah, if no one has anything massively critical to say about AGM I think I'll go ahead with it. I was just asking because I know they make a GBB M4 (I assume it's the same AGM) and I've heard that it's the worst one. So I just wanted to make sure they were only crap at making gas rifles. Or that their AEGs were at least not similarly rated as, "The crappest" ones.

Thanks for the replies guys.

• Supporters
Sounds like you're pretty much already sold on the AGM.

If you want rails then there is this JG for £170:

http://www.novatcombat.com/product_detail.php?id=323

For some reason my work have blocked novatcombat, but not ZeroOne lol. I'll have to look at it when I get home.

I am pretty sold on the AGM, I wish I was more open to persuasion to things that are probably much better and cost less, but I'd probably still want it if I saw one explode and kill someone lol.

I'll add a review after I've had it a while, it'll give you a chance to say, "I told you so" and for me to cry on the floor in a corner lol.

I just remembered that you can apparently buy AEG blowback M4s that operate in a similar way to the gas rifles and even have a kick.

Does anyone know if they're any good? To me it kinda sounds like something you'd hear from one of those star reading morons that follow their horoscope and read their palms and stuff like that . :lol:

• Supporters

They dont really operate in a similar way to gbbr's tbh,

the marui's which are the ones i guess you are talking about, are brilliant, absolutely great, yes they do have kick aswell. great guns....

but you do have to pay for it

• Supporters
Mixed reviews on the EBB's really, you're looking at G&G and APS for those.

Came across this whilst looking about:

http://www.airsoftworld.net/two-tone-kwa-m...-rifle-2gx.html

It's two-tone but it is quite some discount and the KWA M4's are generally accepted to be pretty good.

I was originally thinking of getting a G&G MP5, but then I thought it'd look stupid with a 4x ACOG on it, so I decided to go down the M4 route.

The KWA does look good. I'm very heavily put off by the two tone though :( it's a shame they don't two tone all the plastic parts, 'cos then I could just buy another set of black ones.

I might have to have a shop around and look at some reviews. Thanks for pointing it out.

• Supporters
none of those have kick ^^

the kwa isnt even blowback dev :rolleyes::P:lol:

the only ones with a kick are the marui ones, I think the cheapest if the g36k- £375 i believe

I'm not really bothered about whatever I get this time around having a kick, or EBB, I was just curious 'cos I saw an advert on Wolf Armouries' site and never remembered to look into it.

• AF-UK Founding Member

I wasn't suggesting the KWA one was an EBB. I said the others had it, whether you consider it to have a kick or not is a different story :P

If you're entitled to have a RIF you can always spray the KWA.

• Supporters
I wasn't suggesting the KWA one was an EBB. I said the others had it, whether you consider it to have a kick or not is a different story :P

If you're entitled to have a RIF you can always spray the KWA.

That's true but it wouldn't be the same. I have a mate that had a mid length FAL and sprayed it black over a blue two tone and you can just tell.

I mean, I know I could have it done properly, but I'd way rather just have it without two tone ever having been near it.

In case you can't tell, I really really hate two tone. And even though it's in his sig, I'd say I hate it more than Marksman hates G&G lol.

Archived