The angry thread!

Finius

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
Why is that if ever a part is missing from it kit - it's usually the most important, and probably the smallest?

Unable to do anything with my rails and l85 until I get a tiny, tiny screw :rolleyes:

How tiny is tiny?

• Supporters

I've got two spares if you want me to post you one?

They're not the standard part that comes with the kit, but they fit fine and do the job.

I assume you mean the one that screws in under the trigger guard? Since that's the only screw, apart from the long sling swivel screw.

How tiny is tiny?

Small enough to mean I'll have to carefully try and trim a normal 6mm screw down to size. Ah well, suppose this'll teach me to want to put a rail-system on my L85...

I've got two spares if you want me to post you one?

They're not the standard part that comes with the kit, but they fit fine and do the job.

I assume you mean the one that screws in under the trigger guard? Since that's the only screw, apart from the long sling swivel screw.

Aye mate, that's the one, the screw that connects the rail to the gun by the trigger guard. If those are the screws you have, I'd be very greatful.

Incidentally Ed, is there any way to get the sling-mount out of the plastic handguard without breaking it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Tesco.

They've paid me for a week's overtime that originally I was supposed to do. Then on the first day of it, they said I wasn't needed any more, so I didn't go in.

I wouldn't mind if they'd just take off the extra from my next pay or something, but instead, I now owe them 5 days work..

Also, they're booked holidays for me, and asked me if the dates were okay. I had nothing planned for the dates and nothing planned on other dates, so said yeah.

Now I want to do something some weekends, and I have no holiday remaining (as it's all booked) to take the days I want off.

I must work at the least organised Tesco store. Ever.

No my sainsburys were like that at times and we were pretty on the ball.

Although they just let me change my dates whenever.

Surely you have to clock in/out rather than being paid in advance?

• Supporters
No my sainsburys were like that at times and we were pretty on the ball.

Although they just let me change my dates whenever.

Surely you have to clock in/out rather than being paid in advance?

Yeah we do, but it was supporting another store, so our clocking in/out cards don't work there.

Poor communication between the managers and team leaders.

So folks.

This thread is for those of us, who are just a little bit angry.

Let us discuss what is, or generally produces anger within thee.

Today. I am angry about printers. They all need to be melted down, and the heads of all the respective companies that produce them should be forced to drink the resulting toxic sludge.

Why I head you ask?

So, I'm printing off the PRMC get-fit-to-apply guide, and my printer runs out of CYAN ink. Which is odd, this guide seems very black and white and not very CYAN, but I digress. My printer then flips out and is all like "lol, i kno ur tyna print in liek blk n white bt i no has cyan so u no has prnting" because it's an epson douchebag.

So I I'm all like "C'mon guy, I've got work at 7 in the morning, this is gonna be my lunchtime reading, you're printing using black ink only, what's the problem?"

The printers all like "hurrrr....derrrr...i no prntg til u giv me mah cyan inks!"

At which point I hulk out all over the place and start piledriving my printer into the moon. (n.b. this may or may not have happened).

Printer, after an epic beating is just like "hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....durr

r

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

r

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...me derped!"

And that's the end of it. I've got half this guide printed, another page wedged halfway through the printer, what use is that? Am I supposed to simply learn how to be HALF as fit as a royal marine applicant? I guess so.

Thanks printer.

What's making you angry? :D

F@**ing hell i can't breath for pissing my self laughing"me durped"brilliant!!

• Supporters

Just had a really nice (looking) lasagne for tea. I got to taste the very first mouthful of it for about a quarter of a second, in which time, it burnt literally my whole tongue so couldn't taste the rest and hurt a lot to eat!!

I'll second working in retail and the people with no manners.

If I'm serving someone, why should I have to wait for them to finish their phone conversation so that they can pay? And then other people who also work in a shop who think that they can tell you how to do your job i.e. "Why have you closed the checkout? There are more than 3 people waiting."

Do one.

• Supporters

I FU*KING HATE VERSION 2 GEARBOXES!

Is it actually possible to reattach the motor after rewiring the gun? I swear it's fucking impossibe.

There only seems to be enough space for the wires to both go around the back of the motor, but the positive wire can't go there, it's just not possible.

So fucking pissed right now I can't even describe it in words.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

My motherf**king printer.

What the hell.

Seriously guy.

We've been here before.

So today I'm trying to print my resit coursework off so it can be posted to University tomorrow, to do this, I need to print the work and a coversheet, but the printer...The printer has other plans...

So I plug the infernal device in and it lights up like some sort of diabolically warped christmas tree, it roars at me with its whirring doodads and flopsits and readies itself for its vile onslaught of paper-spewing death.

I insert the USB lead into it, and then, into my computer, the printer watches me, its gaze piercing my soul, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

My computer makes that stupid beep that they usually do when you plug in a USB, we're ready. The printer hasn't spontaneously combusted in an atomic rage...yet, this is good, today is a good day.

I open the files I need to print and send the first one to the printer. Miraculously, the printer jumps to life, its soul crushing noise ricocheting off the walls of my already fragile brain (man-flu, whaduuuuuup). I wait, excited but anxious, what if it runs out of ink, what if the paper jams? It finishes printing my coursework...

I walk over to the now silent beast and pick up the fresh, crisp papers, I turn them over so I can see their glorious print, but what is this? Terms and conditions? Booking reference? The printer, in its evil and twisted savagery has printed a train-schedule that I tried to print unsuccessfully three weeks ago, I stand there, shocked, this isn't just normal printer evil, this is the grandaddy of monstrosity; most printers are simply content to piss me off by not printing at all, but this printer, like some sort of psychopathic mastermind built my hopes and dreams to a peak upon which I could finally bask in the radiance and warmth of the immensely satisfying pleasure of being able to print things, and then, mercilessly tore my dreams apart, raking its sharp talons through every ounce of hope that I had for a brighter, printable future.

I return to my computer, perhaps this is my fault, am I being too hard on my printer? I check the print queue, I see my document there "waiting", I click restart to try and kick some life into this insane chain of hope and disappointment, the printer whirrs for a second and my heart skips a beat, could it REALLY be that easy?

Of course it couldn't, and anyone who says it could be is a f**king liar. The printer ceases its cacaphony and my computer makes the USB beeping noise again; "USB Device not recognised" I see in the corner of the screen, then, my vision is assaulted by the HP Error Desk "Communication failure"...

I passed out from overwhelming anger and inner hatred for all things printer related, and now, having come-to, I bring you my story.

TL;DR? Printers f**king suck.

Doesn't really anger me, but frustrates the living hell out of me:

Being offered a used pistol worth £220 maximum plus £120 cash for £460 worth of kit that cost £700 to put together :rolleyes: Apparently, because the pistol cost £350, it's still worth £350 (quite wrongly) because it's mint, but my rifle and accessories that cost £700 is (quite rightly) only worth £460 maximum, even though it's all mint. Second hand stuff is worth 2/3 of it's original price, even in top condition. I get it, why don't they? :huh:

• Supporters

Trying to install this hop up and get it set up properly. Whatever I do, it seems to over hop .36s with the hop turned off. I even took the nub out and it's doing it.

• Supporters

Have you tried altering the fps? Or using different ammo?

Different fps/ammo configurations can get the same range result but the hop responds differently.

When my L85 was over hopping .25s with the hop off, I lowered the fps slightly, problem solved and there's no noticeable performance drop.

Just a suggestion. But I fully understand if you still want to understand WHY it's doing what it's doing, as well as wanting the utmost from the gun. 'Cos I'm the same.

But, it might be worth trying a slightly weaker spring. Have you passed it through a chrono?

• Supporters

It was 310 with .2s, so don't fancy lowering it any more. Over hops .2s loads, .25s loads. .36s quite a lot, and .4s are alright, but too heavy for it so they go so slow and it has hardly any range with them. Gonna just mess about with it until it's shooting perfectly, then gonna do the same to my sniper and pistol. Expecting good results from all 3 in the end.

• Supporters

Ah right, I assumed you were talking about your sniper, what with you starting work on it all over again and everything.

• Supporters

Thought I'd try this out on my M16 before I go cutting up my L96's hop rubber :P

• Supporters

youtube i'm trying to watch a vid with me in it but i'm on the right and the damn video keep's jumping right and out of view so i can only watch the left side... GRRRRRR

• 4 weeks later...

What makes me angry (recently) is people who are looking for a way around the UKARA or defence law.

They've made it pretty easy to own an RIF yet people insist on looking for ways around or ways to cheat the law. I mean come on guys, whats the point.

Its actually easier to do it legally (unlike most other things :P).

• Supporters

It annoy's me too although i'm also of the Opinion that we need to look for way's around the law to Improve it.

because i think we should also have Blaze Orange FlashHider's on Rifle's while in Transit to and From a site

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.