The angry thread!

Finius

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Cam, you should be proud of those grades. Maths and Physics are notoriously hard at A level. I got a U in Maths AS and dropped it after the first year. I then only got an E in Physics overall.

Keep up the hard work, try harder, it really is worth it. I'm sure you've had enough people tell you this before! I regret not trying harder! By the looks of things you should be able to land yourself a good uni place if that is what you chose to do! If not, as Finius said, you can still achieve exactly what you want in life. You just have to prove on your CV and in interviews that you have the skills needed and back these up with examples from what you've done in life. Now is the time to take part in extra-curricular stuff or develop on an idea which makes you stand out in some way!

In other words, don't be down, you're doing awesome, take the buzz from that and keep going!

Cam, you should be proud of those grades. Maths and Physics are notoriously hard at A level. I got a U in Maths AS and dropped it after the first year. I then only got an E in Physics overall.

Keep up the hard work, try harder, it really is worth it. I'm sure you've had enough people tell you this before! I regret not trying harder! By the looks of things you should be able to land yourself a good uni place if that is what you chose to do! If not, as Finius said, you can still achieve exactly what you want in life. You just have to prove on your CV and in interviews that you have the skills needed and back these up with examples from what you've done in life. Now is the time to take part in extra-curricular stuff or develop on an idea which makes you stand out in some way!

In other words, don't be down, you're doing awesome, take the buzz from that and keep going!

Problem being is that it isnt A level it plain old GCSE.

And they are asposed to be easy.

Had my army fitness test yesterday and it was a bit of a joke really, all my mates who have joined up had to go and do a pre-adsc day at longmoor which is basically a simmered down version of selection but all we had to do was go to preston park in brighton and do the 1.5 mile run.

I know i shouldnt be whinging about doing less but i expected more so i took the whole bloody day off and as im self employed i didnt get paid.

Oh well, one step closer i guess.

• Supporters
Problem being is that it isnt A level it plain old GCSE.

And they are asposed to be easy.

What about your other 9 or so GCSE subjects then? You don't need science and maths and ICT and all those sorts of subjects for a lot of jobs.

I only got 6 A - Cs at GCSE because I didn't revise at all, but here I am at Uni. They always say to try hard because you'll struggle to get in to the next stage, but that's utter bollocks because right now, on my Uni course, there's a girl who doesn't know who the current Prime Minister is! And Politics is part of the damn course! How did we advance this far as a race? Seriously.

I'd say escape whilst you can and find a job you love doing because education is pretty much a circus, where's mindless apes succeed and those clever enough to realise it's a ton of bull are pushed to the side lines as failures and under achievers.

I don't think it's right to judge people based on trivial, irrelevant information that's next to their name on a piece of paper. People ought to be valued as people, not letters, anyone can do any job really, it's just that the people with poor grades never even make it as far as the interview.

In short, f*ck the system lol. I will always support those people who wrongly consider themselves failures because aristocratic dicks deem them unsuitable for employment.

Unless they're literally retarded, like the moron on my course lol.

• Supporters

I'll hopefully be able to stay on another year to resit AS and A2 Biology and Chemistry, to hopefully get a B/C in them (got C/D at the end of last year). At least I don't have to resit ICT now, just do the coursework to a mildly good standard, to get a C overall. Minimum I need are CCD, what I want is BCC, but aiming for BBC.

• Supporters

Ignorant and disgusting customers at Tesco.

- I went into the toilets to wash my hands before I started work and didn't hold the door open for some guy. He asked me why, I replied "Sorry, I assumed you'd wash your hands before leaving..", he grunted at me and left anyway.

- Some guy cut the barcode off a coupon and expected me to be able to scan it and give him the discount, which he hadn't spent enough for anyway.

- Customers opening mutlipacks of cans/bottles and then expecting to be able to buy a single can that have no barcode and say "part of a multipack - not for individual sale" on them.

- People who assume that I'll pack for them, don't say please or thank you, or even acknowledge the fact that I just served them.

• Supporters
Ignorant and disgusting customers at Tesco.

- I went into the toilets to wash my hands before I started work and didn't hold the door open for some guy. He asked me why, I replied "Sorry, I assumed you'd wash your hands before leaving..", he grunted at me and left anyway.

- Some guy cut the barcode off a coupon and expected me to be able to scan it and give him the discount, which he hadn't spent enough for anyway.

- Customers opening mutlipacks of cans/bottles and then expecting to be able to buy a single can that have no barcode and say "part of a multipack - not for individual sale" on them.

- People who assume that I'll pack for them, don't say please or thank you, or even acknowledge the fact that I just served them.

SILENCE TESCO BAG B***H!

I DEMAND THAT YOU ACCEPT TENDER AND INCORRECTLY SNIPPED COUPONS FROM MY P**S SOAKED HANDS! AND PACK MY MANY MANY BAGS WHILST YOU'RE AT IT! PACK MY PRODUCTS ALPHABETICALLY TOO!

Also, can you please invent a cure for cancer, world hunger, war in the middle east and my pressing lack of airsoft money at the same time :D

Seriously though, people are dicks!

• Supporters

Of course I will, if you ever come to where I work..

I'm really OCD with packing people's bags, everything that's similar has to go in the same bag, size order, largest at the bottom, and everything has to fit in the bag nicely. Also, meat has to separate to everything else - no matter what.

Airsoft Clones, do I buy a cheap gun that could break or splash out and get the real 'airsoft' thing which I would be so narked at if it broke, and also so many prettiful airsoft guns to choose from!

• Supporters

Cam, I used to be a young retail-friendly airsofter like you...But then I took a university to the wallet.

I'm going to give you one piece of advice re: choosing stuff to buy.

BUY EVERYTHING.

That is all.

When my mates find it funny to pi** me off and i'm angry for the rest of the day. But of course when I get home and shoot a picture of David Cameron's face in my garden it all feels just sooooo much better B) . I see posts about how hard maths and physics are at A level and I just think errrrrrrrr damn i'm doing that next year, that makes me worried not angry though :o "Maths and Physics are notoriously hard at A level" That isn't what I wanted to hear...

• AF-UK Founding Member
When my mates find it funny to pi** me off and i'm angry for the rest of the day. But of course when I get home and shoot a picture of David Cameron's face in my garden it all feels just sooooo much better B) . I see posts about how hard maths and physics are at A level and I just think errrrrrrrr damn i'm doing that next year, that makes me worried not angry though :o "Maths and Physics are notoriously hard at A level" That isn't what I wanted to hear...

Get angry now, they are hard imo. Step up between GCSE and A Level is a lot. I found Maths and Physics A Level harder than my degree. Depends what you have an interest in though. If you really like the subjects and are willing to work hard you can still do well.

• Supporters

So what does that mean?

• Supporters

Santander being slow at sending me post..

• Supporters

Yes! I love throwing paper in the bin!!

Hot weather

Cold weather

Fog

Ice

Rain

Hail

When it's just cloudy and miserable

Edit: WIND !!!

Oh wait... That is an average day in the UK

And riding my bike through a pile of dog s**t because dog owners are too lazy and big headed to pick it up or at least have the dog do it on grass. :angry:

• Supporters

I just missed a huge pile of dog crap on the way home from sixth form today, almost fell into the river trying to avoid it..

Only weather I dislike is really hot temperature and wind. Fog, rain, snow hail, etc. don't bother me when I'm cycling. Wind makes me so angry, I actually get an urge to just throw my bike on the floor and walk home...

Ive decided the term "sick" makes me angry.

As in "Thats well sick man".

I dont understand it, its like saying "wow thats proper stomach contents man" or " I had the stomach contentiest time"

Also when young people insist on wearing their trousers halfway down their arse.....YOUR DOING IT WRONG!

Marmite makes me mad although this was covered in the happy thread.

People, i hate people too.

Im sure there are lots of other things that make me angry but that will do for today.

• Supporters

I agree with you on all of those.

• Supporters
Don't worry, you'll get 2 copies of the letter to make up for it when it does come through :angry: (I get 2 every time)

I used to work (and technically still do) for Santander and they are undoubtably the most gigantic pile of putrid, fetid, sh*t ever.

Abysmal customer service, abysmal employee support and I was employed by the agencies, so not even the proper actual Santander people and my boss was just a retard, he literally can't use a computer and he's running a business in the 21st century and expects people to take him seriously, I could happily and willing gut him alive with a spoon.

• Supporters

They sent me the letter, so now I've set up Internet banking. All I can do on that is view how much I have, I can't transfer any money online at all. It's a complete waste of time and really annoying.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.