The angry thread!

Finius

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Ritual sacrifice.. It'll be on the news some time next year that he actually followed all of your advice seriously.

Anyway, how about some advice on this one; Overcoming shyness?

Ritual sacrifice.. It'll be on the news some time next year that he actually followed all of your advice seriously.

Anyway, how about some advice on this one; Overcoming shyness?

Well I dont know about shyness, But to get to know people I have the abality to really take the piss out of myself.

I am known for it, and people seem to like that for some reason.

• Supporters

I do that. But to cover up shyness, not to get to know people. I'm fine around friends and online.

But as soon as it's face-to-face or anything mildly serious.

I do that. But to cover up shyness, not to get to know people. I'm fine around friends and online.

But as soon as it's face-to-face or anything mildly serious.

Hmm..... (On a side note add me on facebook if you want)

Just be yourself really, If there is no reason to be worried or shy then why bother :P If there is try to figure out why and try to think of a way round it.

• Supporters

Ah, shyness, hello my old enemy.

I was very shy for a long while, so much so that people thought I'd got some deep terrible secret or some rubbish like that, but then one day, I woke up.

I realised that I'm so damned awesome, that actually, by being too shy to make friends, I was doing a great wrong, cause people NEED Finius in their lives. The fact of the matter is, that I actually am amazing. I'm good looking, intelligent, funny, charismatic and generally about as close to James Bond as a realistic male can get, and that, in effect, is being modest.

I'm not even being silly with you here, take a look at yourself without the usual bias and all that ridiculous notion of modesty where you have to pretend you're crap so people don't think you're annoying, would you want to be friends with you? I'd bloody love to be friends with me, it doesn't matter the qualities you have, they're still qualities and they're silly in demand, so here's my official advice, for reals, on a serious topic (say whuuuuuuu?).

The best way to overcome shyness is to do the above. Take a good damned look at yourself. If you can't name a dozen things about you and your personality that are desirable, then you're a tree, an honest to god tree, oak, willow, birch, your choice.

Don't lie to me, trees don't have opposable thumbs or fingers so couldn't operate a computer to reply to this post, so no, you're not a tree.

Maybe you lack some features you'd like, maybe you have some you don't play on enough, the point is, whatever, you have some pretty awesome features, and by connection, are pretty awesome. People who are awesome, are universally wanted. Always remember that.

In terms of practical advice, I just learned to talk to people, anyone, about anything.

Example, last week I'm in a club, some girl's stood next to me, she's been waiting for her drink since I got to the bar and I get mine first, despite her having ordered. She's not dont anything to acknowledge me, at all, but out the blue I just say to her "Service here's pretty hit and miss isn't it", from that, we got talking, exchanged numbers, we've hung out a bit and we're slowly becoming friends. Every situation where people AREN'T talking, they could be.

• AF-UK Founding Member
Example, last week I'm in a club, some girl's stood next to me, she's been waiting for her drink since I got to the bar and I get mine first, despite her having ordered. She's not dont anything to acknowledge me, at all, but out the blue I just say to her "Service here's pretty hit and miss isn't it", from that, we got talking, exchanged numbers, we've hung out a bit and we're slowly becoming friends. Every situation where people AREN'T talking, they could be.

Are you sure the last few bits are true? :lol:

• Supporters

Thanks Finius, I'll give that a go :P. You should have your own sub-forum in the Off Topic section named "Finius' Life Advice"..

Didn't you only just get that Nick?

Didn't you only just get that Nick?

yea i did, was test firing in the garden after the weather cleared and its not firing or cocking so sending it back to get fixed

• Supporters

Unlucky.

Unlucky.

yea I know, but I'm not going skirmishing for ages so got some time!

• Supporters
Thanks Finius, I'll give that a go :P. You should have your own sub-forum in the Off Topic section named "Finius' Life Advice"..

Yes, yes I should.

Nickona, I know an awfully good occult book with instructions for sigils designed to protect and ensure the quality of ones weapons, you're going to need the blood of a pure white goat and some magpie feathers to start with...

Nickona, I know an awfully good occult book with instructions for sigils designed to protect and ensure the quality of ones weapons, you're going to need the blood of a pure white goat and some magpie feathers to start with...

however, good that sounds i could just get the shop to fix it :)

• Supporters
Yes, yes I should.

I've said it before, but we really need to get a Facebook-style "Like" feature on here lol.

• Supporters

The return of my old laptop.

It died a while ago, over a year now, so my step-dad's brother said he'd have a look at it.

When I gave it to him, it had a 320GB and 4GB (2x2GB) RAM.

Got it back yesterday, he said the CPU's gone - fair enough.

Me, being me, opened it up, to find that it now has 2GB (2x1GB) RAM and no hard drive at all.

I know it doesn't work, but still, I want the data from HDD and the RAM can go into my brother's or friend's laptop.

Also, seeing it sitting there in my room again is making me sad and seriously considering another Sony VAIO - even if they are overpriced.

• Supporters

I'm getting bored with everything lately.. games, airsoft, going out, literally everything.. even eating! I suppose it's kinda good, gonna seriously crack down on revision tomorrow.

I'm getting bored with everything lately.. games, airsoft, going out, literally everything.. even eating! I suppose it's kinda good, gonna seriously crack down on revision tomorrow.

But what about Mast..... um I mean Maths revision..... yeppp...... maths revision...

• Supporters
I think you all have Seasonal Affective Disorder...

Potentially.... although, It may be something to do with just me in general:

I'm an Atheist.

I don't like christmas, everything about it annoys me - you say something good about christmas and I WILL find a downside to it.

I don't like people in general

at christmas (a cold and grey, physically, time of year - did I mention I don't like or function very well in the cold?, and thus get fed up) there are MANY MILLIONS MORE people around and about, getting in my way, being slow and doing things specifically to annoy me (definately no other motive for what some people do on the street/around town)

So yeah, I've locked myself away (except work) and am making a ghillie suit and wrap.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.