The angry thread!

Finius

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Considering an adult pheasant weighs around 2-3Kg and I was going 60MPH+ yes i expected a dent or at least a scratch.

remember a cricket ball weights about 200g and is thrown roughly at similar speeds. so imagine something 10-15 times heavier being a pretty hefty hit.

A MK2 Tariq? only middle aged women drive them ;)

Indeed. And that doesn't apply any more. They all drive Mk3 now.

Mk2s are just owned by old men and people in thier 20's.

Didnt get a mk1 because RUST! Saw this mk2, basically rust free so thought why not. All the other mk1s ive viewed were complete rust buckets.

22 years old, £400 insurance fully comp. 5 years no claims :)

1.8, with the LSD :) Happy sideways times.

Poppy headlights are cool, but i know a lot of girls who like them because they look like cute cars. If any of the first 2 series are girl cars it's deffo the mk1. MK2 is a bit less happy looking XD

• Supporters

It's because he secretly is a girl, Dave.

Only explanation...

Do you live in the middle of bumfucknowhere, how the hell is your insurance that low?

The fact that he runs over Pheasants, may answer that one for you.

I broke down in the work van today. Whilst I was waiting at the side if the road the police turned up and ran my details through. It turns out my licence photo had expired. I got a fine but it doesn't say how much it is. I'll here through the post. I looked it up on line and it says £1000. I'm mean WTF! For an expired photo. You get less for speeding and no insurance. Its properly ruined my week.

C**ts

• Supporters

Fines just fucking piss me off in general.

I wouldn't mind as much, if they were actually intended as deterrents, but they're clearly just there as a revenue stream. I once got fined £50 for littering; when the letter came through, it said they'd asked me to pick it up before issuing the fine, which they never did, and it was still there 2 weeks later.

So not only did they fine me for littering and lie about the details of it, but they didn't even pick up the litter themselves. So yeah, fining people is CLEARLY about cleaning up the look of the place, and not just pocketing £50 off 15 year olds, isn't it? Cunts.

Turns out it was illegal for them to even approach and issue an on the spot fine to a minor, but they didn't include that in their report either. I was and always will be willing to argue the toss against any fine if it's clearly just there to provide added revenue, until they drop the charges. It's total bollocks that they're allowed to get away with it.

D'you know that the people whose job it is to hand out fines are actually given quotas to meet? So they're going to actively go out of their way to give people fines, just to save their own job! I think they ought to reinstate state executions for whatever dickhead thought up that genius idea.

I got fined for doing 35mph in a 30 zone in my 'fitter/younger' days

I was on a push bike, riding down a long gentle slope, then I hear the 'nee knaw' of the rozzers, they gave me a £60 fine

• Supporters

Someone pulled out into my passenger side wing on a roundabout, then when I stop gets out the car and starts swearing at me saying it was my fault etc.

The insurance company tries to palm off the claim on a 3rd party without making it clear that means they take 0 responsibility for the claim. Not to mention a cursory google shows that a lot of these companies deliberately overcharge on repairs and hire cars so the other party's insurers will flat out refuse to pay even in cases where they accept liability - which means it defaults to you owing them the sum total of the charges...

Anyway I chuck it back to my insurer saying you sort this out and give me your approved garage for repairs. Takes the garage a week or two to make the repairs which is all well and good, except I called multiple times asking if I could tag on a small rust repair(talking 50p size spot) and some discolouration on my bumper out of my own pocket. The night before I'm due to pick my car up they actually bother to call me and say that it will cost £900 because apparently cleaning a small rust spot on the door involves dismantling half the car...

Pick the my car up and it looks great, would struggle to tell it was damaged plus it's been steam cleaned. Probably the only part I was happy with.

Day after I pick my car up I get a message saying my car is ready to pick up....

A few months later I get a letter from the garage saying I didn't pay them and I owe them the money. Obviously they would hand over the keys and let me leave without paying. Call them up and ask them wtf is going on, barely seem to care and say something glib about having a system issue so I say why is that my problem but get nowhere.

Tempted to let them try and pass it off to a debt collection agency because I will then prove I paid and they will charge the garage their admin fees. At least that's how it works in my head :)

Bunch of fucking crooks and jobsworths from start to finish.

They can't actually enforce that.

For the same reason you can speed by running in a 15/20 zone.

Kinda near nowhere. Live in the town next to chippenham and lacock (where they filmed harry potter and pride and prejudice).

Still a council estate area with a higher crime rate compared to the rest of town.

Guess its because im employed, over 21 and a clean licence with 5 years no claims.

Pretty much everyone is out to screw everyone (there is acceptions obviously)

The rich get richer while the lower society gets bent over and a** raped, that's the way its always been through out history

My dad is an ex lorry driver and some t**t tried to under take him (my dad was in the slow lane and I was with him) by using the hard shoulder, the slip road my dad needed was coming up and the bloke ended up under the trailer wheels, even with me and 2 other witness's, the bloke still claimed it was my dads fault

Everything (including the courts) said it was the blokes fault and he still tried to sue my dad, took nearly a year before the bloke gave up

• 4 weeks later...

I got fined for doing 35mph in a 30 zone in my 'fitter/younger' days

I was on a push bike, riding down a long gentle slope, then I hear the 'nee knaw' of the rozzers, they gave me a £60 fine

Shouldn't have paid that. The speed limit doesn't apply to push bikes. The offense is a different one which requires them to prove that the speed you are doing is a danger to others and cannot therefore be dealt with by a fixed penalty.

They still did it though russe11, think they needed to fill there quota or the block didn't get his willy wet the previous night

So, there's my aunt i don't really like, (angry, gambles, drinks), my mum talks to her on the phone so then I walk past quietly as if i don't want my aunt to know i'm there. I thought my mum would play along.

"EH??????? WHAT ARE YOU DOING JON??? CUM TALK 2 YER AUNT!!! SAY HI!!!!! GET OVA HERE!!!! DON'T SNEEK AWAY U RUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

In the most f*cking annoying, badly done satirical chinese accent.

• Supporters

Shouldn't have paid that. The speed limit doesn't apply to push bikes. The offense is a different one which requires them to prove that the speed you are doing is a danger to others and cannot therefore be dealt with by a fixed penalty.

You can however be prosecuted for "cycling furiously". Which can include going too fast.

You can however be prosecuted for "cycling furiously". Which can include going too fast.

Yes, and that offense requires that it be proven that the speed you are doing is unsafe, not just that you are going faster than the limit. It's not therefore possible to issue an on the spot fine.

• Supporters

most annoying me atm is :-

Royal mail group (sorry to anyone who works for them), there ransom fee (aka clearance fee) is a joke, my postie ... who seems to have a random day off each week, and often doesn't seem to try and actually post stuff through my letter box ... honestly i have had a red card for something the same size but slightly thicker then an iphone, and i have a normal size letter box :angry::angry:

Any courier who goes straight to the rubber backed ornimental knocker (which makes no noise what so ever), and completely misses the door bell 2 inches below the ornimental knocker :angry::angry:

Sellers (on ebay and amazon) who say they have posted your item .... but the date on the stamp says no it was 3 or 4 days later :angry::angry::angry:

(sorry for the rant at couriers, i know your not all the same etc i have just had a bad time atm)

often doesn't seem to try and actually post stuff through my letter box ... honestly i have had a red card for something the same size but slightly thicker then an iphone, and i have a normal size letter box :angry::angry:

yeah, rules changed. For me, we have to have a lockable one otherwise they won't post, now its a PLC and not owned by the government, I reckon they are worried about claims so we had to get a lock for ours. IDK, but that may be the reason why hesnot posting half your stuff, they seem a bit eratic

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.