The angry thread!

Finius

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It was the assumption that life is that kind :)

Also - where did you get the 25% from? Was it an assumption on VAT/duty? There's online calculators that will let you know exactly what you'd be paying. You also forgot to add the value of the insurance to the import duty cost calculation and there's no mention of brokerage fees either.

well there you go, that idea went to sh*t pretty quickly....

how much would the insurance and brokerage fees be? thanks for pointing that out.

I would be paying roughly £540 (using vatcalculator.com)

I understand about life though something is bound to happen.

• Supporters

well there you go, that idea went to sh*t pretty quickly....

how much would the insurance and brokerage fees be? thanks for pointing that out.

I would be paying roughly £540 (using vatcalculator.com)

I understand about life though something is bound to happen.

Insurance and brokerage costs are very much dependent on who the carrier is and what the value of the items in the package are. You'd need to get a shipping quote through Evike if that's where you're buying from. The duty and VAT calculation is a bastard. You have to include the shipping cost and the insurance then calculate the import duty, add it on then calculate the VAT on the whole lot. So you get taxed twice in effect. Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with a bastard filling.

This is the calculator I used in the past http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

Insurance and brokerage costs are very much dependent on who the carrier is and what the value of the items in the package are. You'd need to get a shipping quote through Evike if that's where you're buying from. The duty and VAT calculation is a bastard. You have to include the shipping cost and the insurance then calculate the import duty, add it on then calculate the VAT on the whole lot. So you get taxed twice in effect. Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with a bastard filling.

This is the calculator I used in the past http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

i was worried it wasn't a straight up %25. thanks for the help and the link and warning me!

well I don't know insurance so put down $20. Put everything down and got to £550. that figure seems to be lying, how much do your reckon the insurance for these things are. (betting its money based -_- )

• Supporters

If you buy the Fusion Engine from France and everything else from the UK, then that'll be the cheapest way to work it.

You're looking at about £700 absolute bare minimum though. I have 7 mates with P*s, none of them have spent less than that, even Joe who put it in a Combat Machine as a "fuck you" to all the people who say they're bad lol.

• Supporters

yep, starting to think its a NO GO kind of thing now

To be honest you're young and have just started airsoft, you've got plenty of time left! You'd likely be better off with getting a better aeg etc first- your enthusiasm is good don't get me wrong, but if you go out and spend what will end up being thousands having only played for 6 months then you'll have nothing left to look forward to. You don't need to buy the best and most expensive stuff to have a good time.

Angry thread. How the f*ck does a 13 year old have the money to throw at a polarstar :ph34r:

would like to say 14 actually nearly fifteen, if that changes anything. B)

Basically combination of doing lots of jobs, I try and do the washing up every day in the month, mow the lawn 4 times, hoover the house 10 times at least and some other jobs for pocket money. Also, I have saved up and bought stuff for a good retail value, and made a couple of hundreds from selling virtual gold. Generally used to ask for money for my birthday, if I was lucky I would get £100 from 5 people (thats 100 quid altogether, not 500 :P ).

Pretty much, I am obsessed by money... which helps me to get but then helps me to lose it...

So my friend gae bought me a black gas gun, so yes, i'm happy, but the problem is, i can't get any gas anywhere!

My mum won't buy online, and for some reason, you have to be 18 to buy friggin propane.

Well, back to the beginning.

So my friend gae bought me a black gas gun, so yes, i'm happy, but the problem is, i can't get any gas anywhere!

My mum won't buy online, and for some reason, you have to be 18 to buy friggin propane.

Well, back to the beginning.

im lucky, got a pic of my dad's passport. He has it on his camera when I was importing some photos. It may be naughty but I did ask him if I could use it to buy my gun because zero one are so tight with that sort of thing. <<<hint :ph34r: hint

Because it's the law.

understood, I am comparing it to the likes of jbbg where all you have to do is tick a box. OFC it is better that way, I guess I made it sound bad...

• Supporters

Because it's the law.

I don't think it has much to do with the law as such. Z1 were fundamental in putting UKARA together and have always had stakes in it. Based on their performance prior to then (in mine and several acquaintances' experience), if they didn't have to be seen to uphold the core values of their own creation, they'd probably be selling crack to three year olds and using the money to make smoothies out of kittens (really adorable premium kittens too, no gammy street-cats here thank you very much). You can see evidence of what I mean by the way they run their forums, though I shan't go into detail because I don't think it's fair for me, as a mod here, to bash Z-In since it could be taken as biased-BS.

Seriously though, they're alright, just I feel nowadays the VCRA has fallen into obscurity with everyone except customs and if UKARA were to stop existing tomorrow, and everyone went back to pre OCT-2007 behavior, I doubt anyone would notice or care. As far as I'm aware, there hasn't even been a single RIF/IF related case yet where it wasn't to do with some nob shooting people with a BB gun in the center of a town or some shite.

• Supporters

Keep hearing someone testing/firing airsoft guns of various types. One of my neighbors is clearly an airsofter. Can't see which garden it's coming from and the sound is coming from too far away to pinpoint more than the rough direction.

This angers me. I haven't yet had the luck to meet many airsofters down here, and until I do, I can't cadge lifts to games!

Would it be wrong of me to go door-to-door canvassing the local area to track down airsofters?

Keep hearing someone testing/firing airsoft guns of various types. One of my neighbors is clearly an airsofter. Can't see which garden it's coming from and the sound is coming from too far away to pinpoint more than the rough direction.

This angers me. I haven't yet had the luck to meet many airsofters down here, and until I do, I can't cadge lifts to games!

Would it be wrong of me to go door-to-door canvassing the local area to track down airsofters?

When he fires, fire yours, like wolves howling at each other. It probably won't help but it'll make him aware of you - or make him think he has an echo in his garden.

• 3 weeks later...

Outbid in the last second for a set of MTP airborne webbing for the measingly sum of an extra pound! What was annoying is, it had been up for a week, no watchers, no bidders, I bid on it with 10 seconds to go, someone randomly bids at 4 seconds, and ebay didn't process my bid in time!

Got me feeling like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GgaNyyL9Mo

• 3 weeks later...

would like to say 14 actually nearly fifteen, if that changes anything. B)

Basically combination of doing lots of jobs, I try and do the washing up every day in the month, mow the lawn 4 times, hoover the house 10 times at least and some other jobs for pocket money. Also, I have saved up and bought stuff for a good retail value, and made a couple of hundreds from selling virtual gold. Generally used to ask for money for my birthday, if I was lucky I would get £100 from 5 people (thats 100 quid altogether, not 500 :P ).

Pretty much, I am obsessed by money... which helps me to get but then helps me to lose it...

How do you get paid that much for those jobs!!!!!!!!!

NOOO lol

How do you get paid that much for those jobs!!!!!!!!!

NOOO lol

I don't, it's just if I want something really badly, I am prepared to liquidate things I own, and save up for a long period of time.

Some twatty pheasant decided to kill itself this morning on my car. Now i have blood and feathers splattered everywhere :( No damage strangely.

eLObMzT.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.