The angry thread!

Finius

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Cyclists. I live in the Surrey countryside, and the second a ray of sunlight appears, cyclists appear en-masse clad in lycra gear with 800-speed Tour de France road bikes. What's worse is that they think that they own the road. Earlier, in the car with my nan on the way home, we were coming up the road at about 10mph. Perfectly viable speed for a tight country road. A cyclist flies around the bend at mach 5 then tells us to slow down. Not the only time of which that has happened, far from the only. It's a daily thing now. Ever since that cyclist tailed a car home and punched the driver for overtaking him they've all gotten cocky.

It's only the road cyclists though. The mountain bikers are fine, they hate the road cyclists aswell. Up on Box Hill Cafe where my cousin works, you can see the mountain bikers in the corner surrounded by lycra cyclists just plotting to murder the whole lot of them. The local biker gang have probably already killed a couple of the cyclists for all I care. God damnit I hate them.

You sure? I think this road cyclist is pretty awesome!

• Supporters

To my eye, some of that video looks like CG. It probably isn't, but there's a few bits where he doesn't move quite naturally, or fall quite right and my brain honestly just doesn't see it as possible that it's all real...I mostly mean the section between 3:50 and 4:26 - have a good close look 'cause it don't half look weird!

If it is real, it's the weirdest thing I've ever seen!

But the thing is, the cyclists here don't do that...

Funny you should post Martyn Ashton, I met him a couple years back at Goodwood Action Sports with Blake Samson and Danny MacAskill. Good times.

Back on topic: I am angry because WE'RE ALL OUT OF UNCLE BEN'S. What kind of house has 0 Uncle Ben's products? Apparently this one. Damnit.

To my eye, some of that video looks like CG. It probably isn't, but there's a few bits where he doesn't move quite naturally, or fall quite right and my brain honestly just doesn't see it as possible that it's all real...I mostly mean the section between 3:50 and 4:26 - have a good close look 'cause it don't half look weird!

If it is real, it's the weirdest thing I've ever seen!

I see what you mean, there is also the lack of people staring at him or filming it / taking pictures especially in the bit starting around 3:50 at the beach, the people in the background just ignore it.

But the thing is, the cyclists here don't do that...

Funny you should post Martyn Ashton, I met him a couple years back at Goodwood Action Sports with Blake Samson and Danny MacAskill. Good times.

Back on topic: I am angry because WE'RE ALL OUT OF UNCLE BEN'S. What kind of house has 0 Uncle Ben's products? Apparently this one. Damnit.

I am a cyclist, however mainly offroad. I live in surrey and there are a few places I cycle to E.G to my mates with my airsoft gun in a rucksack (its two tone and not visible). everytime I cycle some driver in their v8 land cruiser with 5 chins decides it would be a good idea to accelerate towards me, totally logical. bearing in mind we have many narrow roads I am forced to jump off my bike into the fecking hedge. And also all the shite drivers who overtake at the narrowist point then blare their horns. fecking idiots shouldn't even be driving. I take your point about the roads etc oh and btw did you watch danny do any of his stunts (he has real talent!)

I am a cyclist, however mainly offroad. I live in surrey and there are a few places I cycle to E.G to my mates with my airsoft gun in a rucksack (its two tone and not visible). everytime I cycle some driver in their v8 land cruiser with 5 chins decides it would be a good idea to accelerate towards me, totally logical. bearing in mind we have many narrow roads I am forced to jump off my bike into the fecking hedge. And also all the shite drivers who overtake at the narrowist point then blare their horns. fecking idiots shouldn't even be driving. I take your point about the roads etc oh and btw did you watch danny do any of his stunts (he has real talent!)

You off road cyclists are cool, because you respect the road. Most lycra-wearing road cyclists disregard all cars and come flying around downhill corners in the middle of the road then if they hit a car, they take the driver to court. Yesterday one of the guys stopped to have a drink in the middle of a bloody t-junction up here then gave my mum a dirty look when she told him to move.

Yeah, I saw Mr. MacAskill do his thing. Was incredible. 10/10.

• Supporters

You off road cyclists are cool, because you respect the road. Most lycra-wearing road cyclists disregard all cars and come flying around downhill corners in the middle of the road then if they hit a car, they take the driver to court. Yesterday one of the guys stopped to have a drink in the middle of a bloody t-junction up here then gave my mum a dirty look when she told him to move.

Yeah, I saw Mr. MacAskill do his thing. Was incredible. 10/10.

I think I speak for everyone when I say:

No license, no say. STFU.

• Supporters

I think I speak for everyone when I say:

No license, no say. STFU.

No licence, no insurance, no say.

• Supporters

The opposite sex :angry:

The trick with the opposite sex is training.

Positive reinforcement works well

'Oi sweetcheeks, I'm buying another gun'

If she tells you to f**k off, spray her with a water bottle and tell her again.

She'll either kick you in the nuts (repeat the water bottle once you've stopped throwing up), or she'll kick you in the nuts till you feel bad enough you buy the gun anyway whatever she says (WARNING: BUYING THE GUN ANYWAY MAY LEAD TO BEING KICKED IN THE NUTS).

what are you putting it in?! a combat machine?

fusion engine + regulator + tank is pushing £700 on it's own!

nope. I am importing a G&P with fusion engine. It will be a bit cheaper actually.

until customs bum you.

cheapest I could price up a polarstar when I was interested in doing it was ~£900 and that wasn't with a G&P as a base gun!

$670 for gun. $100 for reg. $30 for some other shit. so thats $800. however, on evike they have %20 coupon codes etc, saving 160 bucks so $640 + say $80 postage 720 bucks. that = around £430 which then + %25 = around 540. then + £70 for a tank = 610 + some other shit like bbs = £650.

• Supporters

$670 for gun. $100 for reg. $30 for some other sh*t. so thats $800. however, on evike they have %20 coupon codes etc, saving 160 bucks so $640 + say $80 postage 720 bucks. that = around £430 which then + %25 = around 540. then + £70 for a tank = 610 + some other sh*t like bbs = £650.

I like how you think.

You're wrong, but I like how you think.

I like how you think.

You're wrong, but I like how you think.

may i ask how I am wrong? IK it will probably be a bit more expensive... was it the maths? lol

• Supporters

may i ask how I am wrong? IK it will probably be a bit more expensive... was it the maths? lol

It was the assumption that life is that kind :)

Also - where did you get the 25% from? Was it an assumption on VAT/duty? There's online calculators that will let you know exactly what you'd be paying. You also forgot to add the value of the insurance to the import duty cost calculation and there's no mention of brokerage fees either.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.